I'll be the a$$hole...

Discussion in 'The Baseline : NBA 2K14 Online Association' started by recchem2000, Oct 27, 2012.

1. recchem2000

recchem2000 UCLA > WSU

...but whats with all the zone defense and 3 point shooting? Are we playing NCAA basketball? Sorry, had to say. Not directed at anyone person, just in general. Carry on.

2. Bucs

Bucs GT: ThruTheSmoke47

Hmm I havent noticed much of this at all.

3. Dru50

Dru50 Still Chicago's #1 son

In general guys really should only be using zone defense occasionally. If someone is using it as their base defensive set for long stretches that would violate Bondzai 's cardinal rule - don't be a douche.

Reagarding 3's, unless someone is consistently shooting more than 25-30 in a game I don't think that's an issue.

Just my opinion.

4. recchem2000

recchem2000 UCLA > WSU

Maybe its because im the Lakers and its only been a few games. Just celebrating UCLA's win a little too much I guess :confused:

5. JrRawlins

JrRawlins People hate me cause they aint me...

The threes are part of the game..... you live by the three you will typically die by the three in the end.... anything over 30 on a consistent basis needs to be addressed in my view.... zones are for college... i personally dont play them at all..... but to each his own... as long as its not your base set, i dont have an issue with it....

6. recchem2000

recchem2000 UCLA > WSU

Im just bitching...you guys dont know me well enough yet :D

7. recchem2000

recchem2000 UCLA > WSU

Although Zone seems to jack me up. Not sure why but it does. I never run it and have only faced it a few times. Maybe thats why its so difficult for me.

8. JFace907

JFace907 Ron F'n Swanson

Zone as a base defense is for the high schools and colleges of the world. There is a reason why they don't play it in the NBA. Players can slash through it too easily and just a decent shooting team will always shoot them out of it. Now as far as threes, if someone doesn't run an offense and just drives and kick all game, that can be cheesy. I also agree that 25-30 attempts a game is a little much. The team that took the most 3's last year was Denver and it equaled out to about 21-22 a game. I believe we are just at about league average in terms of FGs or may actually be a bit above, so 25-30 3's a game is a little much. But i do agree with Jr, it can very much be a live by the sword, die by the sword thing.

9. Bondzai

Bondzai Your Mom's Best Friend

I'll throw a rule up about Zone defenses. It should definitely not be used as a base defense.

As far as 3s, it's possible people are shooting a lot of them to combat zone defenses.

10. RynoAid

RynoAid ..

the Mavs played zone the last couple years about 20% of the time and that was far more than any other team in the league based on my NBA consumption.

• Like Like x 1
  11. dj illmatic 23

dj illmatic 23 Walk On

The biggest problem with shooting is we're on pro. It makes it a lot easier to shoot, and players make contested shots more often. I've always played user games on Hall of Fame, and a lot of the shots guys are making, me included, wouldn't go down on HOF. You have to run plays, get good looks, and be on point with your timing to shoot in the mid to high 40% range. Most games I'm seeing, the FG% are in the high 40's to 50's. I'm not advocating for HOF, because I don't know if any of us can beat the CPU on that difficulty. We just need to keep that in mind, as to why defense seems so tough to play and guys shoot so well.

12. RyanC

RyanC Walk On

I want to see where your high shooting percentages are coming from, I can't hit shit