illinois 28 - iowa 24

Discussion in 'Game Summaries' started by NYJuggalo45, Nov 20, 2010.

1. NYJuggalo45

NYJuggalo45 Walk On

Was a really close game that came down to the end. Mike can do a write up if he wants since he won

All I want to say is that ramirez was completely cool and understanding in this one. I got home an hour late. Had to pause a few times cause my fiancee was bothering me. Not once did he say a word or gripe. Totally cool about it all and I appreciate that and again apologize for being a Douche all night
    Good win ma n

2. jms493

jms493 Veteran Member

nice.....good job guyz!

3. Hellisan

Hellisan Schemin 'em up

Guess this game looks more impressive after today's Purdue/Iowa outcome. Good win for the Illini.

4. Mogriffjr

Mogriffjr Walk On

Featured Threads:
    Who won that helli?

5. Hellisan

Hellisan Schemin 'em up

Iowa beat Purdue

6. MRamirez

MRamirez Go Devils!

I am actually starting to like my team. It also helps that I'm starting to like the players I'm recruiting to Illinois.

7. jms493

jms493 Veteran Member

You are quietly recruiting alot of players.....I imagine some of them are going to turn out to be weapons.....damn!

8. Mogriffjr

Mogriffjr Walk On

Featured Threads:
    Illinois Getting the guys he wants because it seems no one recruits his guys!

9. Hellisan

Hellisan Schemin 'em up

He doesn't go after many players he has to fight for. Never really has. Once in awhile yeah but he likes to take what he's given.

10. MRamirez

MRamirez Go Devils!

How the hell do you know that shit? That is very true. If I see a user ahead of me then all bets are off. I am not using my minutes on a hopeless case. I figure I will land enough decent players to be good eventually. I have also played enough now that my game is starting to evolve. I will be tough very soon I believe.

11. Mogriffjr

Mogriffjr Walk On

Featured Threads:
    Yeah I take your approach myself mike. I can't compete with most of these schools because of my pitches. I may get into 3-4 battles Max per year. But I'd rather get those guys who can fit in my program and are good.

12. MRamirez

MRamirez Go Devils!

Yes....MO I agree.......

I always figure if I have the following: Speed at Rb, Accurate QB, and 1 player on defense that I really like. I will have a good chance to win.

13. RynoAid

RynoAid ..

My teams have been doing this for 3 years and all I've heard is "he's not a good recruiter, he just gets players nobody wants".

its a good strat Mike. Now put Illinois on the schedule please.

14. Hellisan

Hellisan Schemin 'em up

well speaking only for myself I never said any such things. I like fighting for players that are worth it. Quantity < Quality IMO.

15. MRamirez

MRamirez Go Devils!

I agree put Pittsburgh on the schedule........ I haven't felt that ass in years.

16. JCspartan2

JCspartan2 Sparty Party

LMAO....oh snap.

17. Mogriffjr

Mogriffjr Walk On

Featured Threads:
    Pitt has a damn good squad. I really like what ryno is building over there too.

And LOL @ Mike.

18. JCspartan2

JCspartan2 Sparty Party

Ya both of them have tough squads, they both already handed it to me this season.

I cant recruit worth shit with Cinci. All of my pitches are Cs or C+s with a one B+. Im going to have a tough time keeping up with Pitt.

19. Mogriffjr

Mogriffjr Walk On

Featured Threads:
    Yeah JC. I just saw u lost like half your targets to other teams. I said "damn" that's brutal to find out 5-6 of your targets aren't going to your school

20. JCspartan2

JCspartan2 Sparty Party

The only way I'm going to get top recruits is if they happen to be from Cincinnati and want to stay close to home or if they want to play right away and i have a need at the position. Otherwise it looks like I need to settle for 3 star talent across the board.

I was #1 on the 4 star ATH that went to Pitt for the first couple weeks, but I couldn't hold onto it only getting like 250 points a week.