Illinois Denies Boilermakers

Discussion in 'Game Summaries' started by DJ Rhude, Apr 8, 2011.

1. DJ Rhude

DJ Rhude CAMAR'E

Having never played Hotrod before, I didn't know what to expect this game. I heard all about his passing prowess, so I expected the evening might get long for us in a hurry as defending the pass hasn't been a strong point of the Illini defense.

Surprisingly tho, my defense rose up this game and forced five turnovers all coming on Sanders interceptions. That was really the story of the game. HotRod really didn't have any problems moving the ball, just seemed like one bad throw ruined most of his offensive series.

On the offensive side of things, the Illini rode the legs of their stud running back Ricky O'Donnell who racked up 172 yards and two scores. One of his runs went for 90 yards in which he was caught at the 1 inch line. Embarrassing.

The Illini would go up 17-0, and took a 17-7 lead into halftime. Earlier, the game was momentarily interrupted when a fan ran on the field. On closer inspection that fan turned out to be coach Rhude's son who busted out his room spooked by a bad dream. "Daddy, there's something in my room," said the panicked 4 year old. So Rhude had to go into his room and do the monsters begone act to calm the lil tot down.

Rhude apologizes to his opponent and the game continues.

The second half was more of, "don't beat myself" and we played it safe while Sanders kept throwing picks. The Illini senior cornerback Alfred Smith played the game of his life, picking off Sanders three times. Still even with all the turnovers, the Illini saw their lead dwindle down to 24-21. Purdue came out in a formation that the Illini had no answer for and Sanders started cutting us up out there.

It got hairy with us up only by three. Also those bastids put my starting quarterback Brandon Dunn out of the game and for the year. So we had to rely on the arm of freshman Darren Thomas to get it done in a tense situation on the road. Thomas was up to the task and we finally put together a good drive and scored a TD to go up 31-21 with about 1:52 seconds left. Game over right?

Not so fast, Sanders led his team down to a score in about 20 seconds, coach HotRod refused to say uncle. 31-28 now. With 45 seconds left, Purdue tries the onside kick but we fall on it. We kneel, and get the fuck outta dodge.

GG @HotRod

2. DJ Rhude

DJ Rhude CAMAR'E

dammit, spelled Boilermakers wrong in the title could one of you forum power mongers fix that? thx

3. jms493

jms493 Veteran Member

Fixed....nice defense and good win. We were watching!:cool:

4. DJ Rhude

DJ Rhude CAMAR'E

Nice defense until the end....I foolishly went to different coverages and he sliced them shits up.....two quick TDs, almost blew this game....lesson learned tho, don't play that NY Giants defense at end of games...stick to what was working

5. jms493

jms493 Veteran Member

why did you have to bring up the Giants pass defense....i was having a good day:mad:

6. DJ Rhude

DJ Rhude CAMAR'E

lol, my bad

7. HotRod

HotRod You ain't bout dat life!

Featured Threads:
    Sanders actually got benches after pick #5. Rod Riley carved u up at the end. Sanders is benched for the remainder of the season.

8. Hellisan

Hellisan Schemin 'em up

Rod "The Stalking Horse" Riley is turning out to be the real deal whereas I predicted Sanders would win you a title.

Good win Rhude