Illinois

Discussion in 'The Deuce' started by Muttcope, Feb 21, 2009.

1. Muttcope

Muttcope 2 Own Goals and Counting

Illinois

Offense----you have to contain his QB in the pocket. If he gets outside the pocket he will make time to complete throws or run for at least 9 yds. RB is a beast and you cant make solo tackles on him. Doesn't thorw to the WR's very much likes the TE and RB's.

Defense--- Shift, Shift, and movement. Plays many different positions manually so you have to be aware if he is on the line or in the backfield. Tries to overload sides on blitzes. It is tough to run up the middle on him.

2. Drifterbub

Drifterbub Help me hide a body?

Featured Threads:
    O: Mutt had it right. Containing the QB isn't easy as he is decently quick. You better have speed in the front 7. If not, Burke and company will tear you to pieces. His scheme has changed a bit from the last time we played, his passing attack is a little better and he lightened up on the option. Which is a bad thing, his WR corps is one of the best in the nation. He will likely move his HBs/WRs around to create mismatches in your D (usually speed related).

D: This -is- the best defense in the nation. Every position is stacked and very athletic. You will most likely struggle to get outside and his MLB/FS will make running inside very tough on you. He is a good tackler and takes the proper angles. Keep your QB in the pocket, you will do yourself zero good by rolling out. Your best option is to mix it up. His defensive scheme is constantly changing and you are better off picking random plays then trying to force it to a certain player.

OM scouts every team and knows exactly what you have. Don't try to surprise him.

3. OMlawdog

OMlawdog Going full Cheeze

Too funny

I sound like a stalker.

(y)

4. JrRawlins

JrRawlins People hate me cause they aint me...

note-taking in the event i actually make it to the BCS Title Game...

5. OMlawdog

OMlawdog Going full Cheeze

Im already scouting Arizona.

6. Drifterbub

Drifterbub Help me hide a body?

Featured Threads:
    Hahahahahahahaha

7. JrRawlins

the funny thing is, i would too...... (n)

[​IMG]

8. BRUCE80

BRUCE80 Let the dirt just shower over you..

Not very much to scout, we are a whopping 79 overall now, I bet yur scared arent cha?

9. JrRawlins

Offense----you have to contain his QB in the pocket. He ran the option not very often but in crunch situations for big chunks of yards.... You better have speed in the front 7. If not, Burke and company will tear you to pieces.... Real patient put himself in extremely managable 3rd downs.... doesnt really throw long... like slants or curl routes to his wrs... but you cant sit on it, or he will take off with his QB....

Defense---Every position is stacked and very athletic. You will most likely struggle to get outside and his MLB/FS will make running inside very tough on you. He is a good tackler and takes the proper angles. Your O-line is gonna have to be stacked or you are gonna have to keep people into to block... his d-line gets serious pressure but he sends extra guys which makes it that much worse.... quick throws are a must, but you gotta make the right read...

good luck...