I'm done

Discussion in 'TMFL' started by DirtycashDylan, Nov 5, 2010.

1. DirtycashDylan

DirtycashDylan I came here to scheme and chew bubblegum...

I fucking hate this game. I fucking HATE this game. I have no idea why people say it's superior to NCAA, it isn't.

There is no reason why I should come out in the first half, at home, and fumble 2 or 3 times and throw 3 pics to guys in single man coverage while my defenders swat balls all game long and don't force any turnovers. There's no reason I should complete only 10 of 29 for 1 TD and 5 pics into 95% Cover-2-Man coverage using man beaters. There's no reason I shoulda been down 20-0 at half (lucky to only be down that) considering how I was playing. This same thing happened to me vs the Steelers the last time we played. His D made plays on the ball and my D was content to swat pickable balls away while Flacco couldn't hit shit. Granted, I hardly play Madden and don't know what plays work the best-the 'money' plays-but I seem to notice everyone likes to throw to the flats. I run 100% default Gameflow and I have a high enough football IQ that I should be able to execute whatever play is put in front of me or audible out and I have in previous games. I don't get it and now I'm washing my hands of it. Good riddance. That game felt pointless.

I don't feel the need to play, what I consider to be, an inferior game when I play NCAA so much.

Apologies and good luck with the restart.

2. Keller

Keller The enemy of my enemy is my friend.

Ouch. Sorry Dylan. I was really looking forward to seeing you out there. Let me know if you reconsider.

3. DirtycashDylan

I will but I think I'm done with Madden for a long time. Sorry to do it to you Kellar but it seems like the earlier I do it the better and I'm sure you'll get a replacement quick considering the team.

4. bringbackjimmy

bringbackjimmy WTFWTTD

I hate the allmadden level.. I would like to play on allpro in the restart. I find am very frustrating and unrealistic...

5. DreSmithJr

DreSmithJr It Be So EMPTY, WITHOUT ME...

6. CWT 3000

CWT 3000 Walk On

I second that motion.

7. Hellisan

Hellisan Schemin 'em up

You'll probably never go back. Not to bag on Madden and definitely not to bag on the league but if you're obsessed with the league, its players, etc... then it could be for you. For somebody that likes ALL football including college... I just don't see it.

NCAA has so many advantages when it comes to the career mode.

Constantly changing rosters and recruiting
    Shorter seasons, fewer games, more "gimmes" which makes it fun for everybody not just the 5-10 guys that dominate the league.
    In NCAA, if you suck at the game, you might be a great recruiter and be able to build up a dominant team, etc.

And then add in the game being better, at least to some of us, and it kinda makes it not even close.

8. Mogriffjr

Mogriffjr Walk On

Featured Threads:
    I didn't buy madden this year....and I was a HUGE madden fan. Their lackluster online franchise and NCAA's superior online dynasty just did madden in.

9. Keller

Keller The enemy of my enemy is my friend.

I think theres a place for both honestly. In general, I feel like each the games flip flop as to which are better. Of course thats just my opinion but. 09 was NCAA, 10 was Madden, 11 is NCAA.

I don't think theres any question that NCAA is superior this year.

10. ChickenOfTheSea

ChickenOfTheSea TMFL Goat Herder

My curse is I find College football so inferior from game to game vs NFL games (Speaking of IRL) so my interests are always there-- I know the players better the teams the drama- what is at stake-- the fact there is a playoff system.

So no matter how shitty Madden is I end up playing it. Hey with EA's 4th quarter earnings maybe they will go under and the NFL will shop the license?????????????????? 2k Sports anyone?????

11. Randiesel75

Randiesel75 Walk On

This...
    ...And this, are what drove me away from the game.

12. Randiesel75

Randiesel75 Walk On

This, or shift this from EA Tiburon to EA Canada for a makeover.

13. ChickenOfTheSea

ChickenOfTheSea TMFL Goat Herder

If EA Canada gets it will we have 12 guys per side?????

14. DirtycashDylan

You're right, recruiting is 80% why I play this game and I consider myself more a recruiter than a stick skillzz guy. I was thinking about taking the Rams in here but it's not like you can have a different roster in 4 seasons. I can take Western Kentucky and after 4 seasons of recruiting, better or worse, have all different players. The lack of team building isn't why I'm bailing but it's something that always keeps me interested in NCAA. In college, 'next year' is a very tangible thing.