Im going to retire...

Discussion in 'Thread Archive' started by OMlawdog, Apr 28, 2009.

1. OMlawdog

OMlawdog Going full Cheeze

Im going to retire...

I sent Rac an email about me leaving, and just wanted to post it on here.

I think Rac is a great commish, and I wish he had started this league from the get go because it would have been a blast.

Here are my reasons for leaving:

1) I just don't have the passion for my team. Sounds silly, but I like NCAA football, and unfortunately I already have a dynasty with Ole Miss, and doing everything again just isn't that fun.

2) Advancing. People ask what make the TT leagues so great, and what makes the game great, are 12 people all wanting to get their games in. We had 5 User v. User games one week, so 10 out of 12 Users had a User games, and we advanced in 24 hours, with everyone getting everything done in a day. Now that was a rarity, but it makes the dynasty fun.

3) I think the timing of this league makes it real tough. At best it will finish this season and maybe one more before the new game drops which makes recruiting less fun, because you will only have these guys for one year.

Anyway, this is not meant as a criticism at Rac at all, he is a good guy and a great commish, and I hope no hard feeling for NCAA 2010, I just don't want to be that guy in this league that isn't getting his stuff done.

2. Archie Griffin

Archie Griffin Walk On

Good luck to you,

As for your reasons, I think I would only feel a response is necessary for numbers 2 and 3. Here's why:

First, fast advancing is not a part of our program for a reason. If a season starts and finishes in a month, you really haven't had a season. At best, you've had a tournament. You don't really get to do anything expect play. You can recruit, but you won't know any of the major guys on the other teams, and they won't know yours. Also, there's no buildup for ... well, anything. At best, you get to anticipate, play, and reflect on the big games - in a day or two. For me, and I hope for many of the other guys, more is not necessarily better. That doesn't mean faster is bad. It's just not my style. A season should feel like a season, I think. I don't think I'd feel like a real champion if I only got to be champ for a couple of weeks, and then there was a new one. If you play ten season fast, by the time you finish the last, you no longer remember anything about the first.

Also, we have guys with jobs, families, and so on, so we simply can't push things too fast. This league was created so guys who play casually can have a place to go and hang out. This is what makes "us" great. It's an important part of the philosophy. I consider it one of our strengths. Speed doesn not make one league "good" and the other "less good." They're just different, and they're different on purpose.

Just wanted to get that out there so people had an idea why we do what we do.

Take care, Lawdog.

AG

3. Larsccw

Larsccw Guest

3 words: Wife/Kids/Work

Lawdog, the best of luck to you.

4. RynoAid

RynoAid ..

yea.. i think guys need to be aware that leagues are different around here... not for better or worse, just different.

I think we all have some likeness when it comes to gameplay philosophy and sportsmanship which is the main reason we are all together here at TF.

Just do your diligence on how the league operates in timing and recruiting, because that's where the major differences will be.

5. jms493

jms493 Veteran Member

Good point....maybe one day we should draw up a document with the details of each of the 6 traditions. There are definite differences.

• Sim play - Any other special rules. No Qb Sneak, No scoring over 80, ect.
    • Gameplay settings and sliders
    • Playbook rules
    • Position Change Rules
    • Recruiting Restrictions
    • Teams used
    • Advancing speed
    • Off-Season - 1 night event or 2-4 day incremental
    • Board Participation

6. jms493

jms493 Veteran Member

Tradition 1

• Sim play - We follow the same rules as any of the traditions as far as sim play. We also have some special rules.
    QB Sneak is banned
    KR and PR speed has to 95 or slower

• Gameplay settings and sliders
    Heisman Settings. Sliders coming soon

• Playbook rules
    You must pick and Off and Def playbook at beginning of season and must stick with it. Choose wisely! All playbooks are allowed.

• Recruiting Restrictions
    There are no recruiting restrictions. It is a free for all.

• Teams used
    We use Big 12, Pac 10, and Big Ten Powerhouse teams

• Position Changes
    Position changes to TEs and FBs: Recruits must be over 225lbs and 90 speed or slower.
    • Advancing speed
    We are a advance as fast as we can league and are not afraid to sim games vs the CPU. We do not wait for you to do your recruiting either. We will be on your butt if you dont get your games in. Communication is a must.

• Off-Season process
    We do a 1 night off season and bang out all steps in a few hours. If you cant make it then make arrangements for someone to fill in for you.

• Board Participation
    You must be active on the boards. This is not a suggestion.......it is a rule. If you don't like posting on the boards and getting to know your fellow league members then this league is not for you.

I might have forgotten some rules and ideas but this is a general overview of how things run in the Tradition 1

7. OMlawdog

OMlawdog Going full Cheeze

Lars,

I hear ya brother. Im right there with you, and Im about to have my second kid to my playing time may go decrease.

I just thought this league deserved a more active member, and was just kind of letting everyone know why I was leaving, definitely no hard feelings on my end, I hope none on Rac's end.

When my second kid gets here, I may only be able to get on once every 3 days, I sure hope not, because I do enjoy this game.