I'm gonna bow out gracefully...

Discussion in 'The Tradition' started by Kingerock, Dec 24, 2009.

1. Kingerock

Kingerock I'm kinda a big deal...

I'm gonna bow out gracefully...

I can't keep up and trying to makes the whole process a chore. I've got plenty of chores and I don't need another. I could go one with a list of excuses, but I just don't want to do this anymore. I hate to quit before the end of a season, but I'm on Autopilot as it is, so I figured now is as good as ever. Enjoy the league gentlemen.

2. Hellisan

Hellisan Schemin 'em up

You were only on auto until the next week, as Blaza showed up twice and you weren't there either time. You had the benefit of playing the cpu when Mike couldn't make it... Hope you change your mind.

3. Kingerock

Nah, he couldn't make the first time and I couldn't make the 2nd one. But that's not the issue.

4. Blaza

Blaza In Arsene Wenger I Trust

Hey King, I understand the frustration trust me the same thing happened to me in the Clemson game last year. In this case, it just wouldve helped out to post an update or heads up on the board.

The previous night we were both on and you said your lady wanted to hangout and that the next day would work better. We agreed on 6 the next day. The next afternoon you let me know that you needed to run and errand weren't able to make it home in time to play at 6--cool. In the scheduling thread we then agreed to roll around midnight. I left a get together early and raced home over 45 minutes to make it and hung around from 12a-2:30a and you never came or sent a MSG here or on xbl. I understand stuff happens, but when the boards are the only form of communication, there's no way to know what's up unless ya post you know? Anyways, yeah I know it sucks and it's easy for everyone else to say but you're a good coach/player and I hope you reconsider.

5. Hellisan

Hellisan Schemin 'em up

Ok I hear ya.

6. Colemanchu

Colemanchu GOAT SPLITTER

I say we just leave him on auto for the remainder of the season. Hopefully the new year will bring new found enthusiasm.

7. Mogriffjr

Mogriffjr Walk On

Featured Threads:
    don't we have enough guys on auto? meh...

8. Mogriffjr

Mogriffjr Walk On

Featured Threads:
    Don't want you to go kinger but honestly he wasn't active around the boards like that. Seems like he had other things going on and that's fine gotta take care of life things. Remember board participation was key and besides for scheduling and the rare post in recruiting, he wasn't around like that. Hope things change though.

9. Colemanchu

Colemanchu GOAT SPLITTER

Well either way if he's on auto then I'll just play the cpu later tonight.

10. jms493

jms493 Veteran Member

that sucks! Now I have to throw out my plan for revenge. I hope all is well Kinger. You will be missed BADLY!

11. Kingerock

It has very little to do with missing a game and more to do with this league is my 'other thing' compared to most of you guys where it's a huge priority. I would rather you have someone who can be very active and interested rather than a guy just hanging on to hang out with his friends.

Years ago when we were BMFL/AMFL etc... I used to be very active in the forums and such. But since we've started I've had 3 kids, been married, divorced, about to get remarried and my job has changed about 4 times (all with the same company). I'm just at a place where I know I can't be as attached to an online league as I once was.

12. jms493

jms493 Veteran Member

I hear ya kinger.....I am not there yet....so I am hanging on till that happens. I dont know how Ryno and Bruce and some of the others do it honestly. I think like Ryno said it.....no sleep!

Merry xmas and dont be a stranger. Anytime you want to come back I am sure you will be moved to the top of the waiting list.

13. bringbackjimmy

bringbackjimmy WTFWTTD

if kinger doesn't change his mind Who do i talk to about signing back up??

14. Mogriffjr

Mogriffjr Walk On

Featured Threads:
    Damn kinger. U making me feel mariage simply won't be for me lol.

BBJ!!

15. KnightNoles

KnightNoles Learn to Compete

FSU FSU FSU!!

16. jms493

jms493 Veteran Member

Wow talk about a perfect fit for knoles but you are in 3 other leagues.........debbie downer

17. KnightNoles

debbie downer.... I would be in all TF leagues if I could be!!!!

plus everyone has different guys in them.. count for somethin. lol

18. Mogriffjr

Mogriffjr Walk On

Featured Threads:
    Noles would have fun with those FS on the roster of FSU too....

19. Colemanchu

Colemanchu GOAT SPLITTER

I vote for BBJ. Bring back someone who helped make this the most active league last year. Personally though I would prefer someone that sucks at the game but likes it anyways. Maybe JMS can just switch teams? ;)

20. KnightNoles

I will remember this if we ever meet up in Southern Exposure

21. MurkYa21

MurkYa21 Walk On

I vote for Noles, why not put someone in there who has ties to the team?

Still should drop a league or two though ;)

22. Colemanchu

Colemanchu GOAT SPLITTER

Thats fine man you wont be he only guy around here who wants to beat me a lot more than I want to beat them.

23. Colemanchu

Colemanchu GOAT SPLITTER

Why don we just get Murk in here. This guy has been around everyday since he signed up and I here he a damn solid player too. Might be too sim for this league though.

24. Kingerock

LOL. Marriage is great and my divorce has nothing (i think) to do with my first one not working out. I've just been doing this with Ryno and the 'originals' for over 10 years.

25. Hellisan

Hellisan Schemin 'em up

I will be up front and say I have concerns about who joins this league. We talk tough in this league but I think we are all extremely beatable. We are all professionals that have jobs and are (for the most part) not in a dozen leagues and playing 5 competitive "versus" games a week. And even the best amongst us are not stick jockeys.

I frankly do not want somebody who is in half a dozen leagues and never loses a game in any of them. I like the idea that any one of us could conceivably win a title as it stands now.

So I just wanna get familiar with all the candidates, see where their priorities are, etc. For instance Kinger with the low blow this is a "Huge priority" for some of us. Fuck... lol. yeah fuckin right. I play two-three games a week of NCAA, huge priority lol.