I'm Out for '10

Discussion in 'The Deuce' started by HoosierHoo, Jun 23, 2009.

1. HoosierHoo

HoosierHoo Walk On

I'm Out for '10

Sorry guys. I fully intended on coming back for the next release. Unfortunately, after playing the demo several times, I just cannot find any enjoyment in the game at all. I don't know if it's just because I played 09 so much longer than normal because of this dynasty or what. But while I'm normally like a kid on Christmas Eve waiting for NCAA's release date, this year I couldn't care less.

I'm not one to normally be particularly critical about games, but I am just not at all impressed with EA's effort this year. It really stands in stark contrast to MLB The Show and even a game by another EA development team, Madden. I will actually probably buy Madden this year for the first time in years, and I won't be buying NCAA for the first time in probably a decade. (n)

Sorry. I really loved the league, but I don't like the game the league is based on...

I'll still be lurking on the boards, so feel free to open fire on me. :HoosierHoo:

2. Drifterbub

Drifterbub Help me hide a body?

Featured Threads:
    Dude, why don't you wait and play the real game before you quit on us. It's just a demo. There are a lot of features that are not there.

Remember last year for 09, we had to wait for the first patch before online leagues were even playable (all the glitches and server issues).

Sorry if that sounds mean, but there are a lot of people that are getting turned off by a rushed production demo. Relax guys, we are going to make it fun. '09 was far from perfect and we had a blast.

3. OMlawdog

OMlawdog Going full Cheeze

I hated the demo for 2009, and I really liked 2009.

To each his own, but I think it should get a chance.

4. jms493

jms493 Veteran Member

I played the demo once.......doesn't really matter b/c we will find a way to make it fun!!

5. bringbackjimmy

bringbackjimmy WTFWTTD

Let's be honest here Hoosier....we all know the real reason your backing out is because you see me in your division and realize that you have no chance at winning anything, but second. (y)

6. HoosierHoo

HoosierHoo Walk On

Oh BBJ, you sound just like a yippy little Yorky. Silly Dawg.

I definitely hear what you're saying about the demo Drifter, but it comes down to this. Unlike every other year, this is simply not gonna be a release day purchase for me this year. If I start seeing good reviews and good feedback from OS forums and here, then I might break down and get it. But that would be at a minimum two weeks or so after release. And I know you psychopaths are gonna want to get going well before then.

I posted this now so you guys would have plenty of time to find a replacement for me. Worst case scenario is I decide I can't live without my NCAA fix after all and I join up with one of the TF feeder leagues while I patiently bide my time to come back to the "big boys" of TT2.

7. Drifterbub

Drifterbub Help me hide a body?

Featured Threads:
    We will likely be waiting for a patch/roster release anyway. So we aren't necessarily going to be in a huge rush to start.