Im pissed and on the verge of breaking here....

Discussion in 'The Tradition' started by jms493, Aug 30, 2009.

1. jms493

jms493 Veteran Member

Im pissed and on the verge of breaking here....

I am finally playing some defense......my game plan is working I am beating GA Tech and driving 21-14 late in the 2nd quarter(he had to punt...I swear)......and disconnect........

I am almost to the point were I will try once to play and if we get a disconnect......I want a sim. I was having so much fun finally competing vs MoGriff and this is like punching me in the gut.

I hate EAs Servers with the fire of a 1000 suns!!!!!

FML!!!!(n)

2. Mogriffjr

Mogriffjr Walk On

Featured Threads:
    i honestly think it's an issue on my side now. if anyone can find that diagram that maynard showed with the router, i'll configure it right now.

3. jms493

jms493 Veteran Member

4. jms493

jms493 Veteran Member

5. Drifterbub

Drifterbub Help me hide a body?

Featured Threads:
    Make sure your router is issuing you a static IP.

6. Mogriffjr

Mogriffjr Walk On

Featured Threads:
    mines is on DCHP...i've never changed it from that to static IP.

7. Colemanchu

Colemanchu GOAT SPLITTER

So did they get this oone in?

8. jfosh

jfosh Super

Drifter if you set your IP that your using for your xbox to the DMZ. Is that the same as opening the ports? If not whats different.

9. Drifterbub

Featured Threads:
    I'm not a big port guy. It's typically a security issue. Opening ports basically allows more routes for information to pass through your equipment. It's safer to do on say a router than it is your PC, though. I'm not familiar with the acronym 'DMZ'. Care to help me out?

A static IP allows your xbox to always have its own private address. Typically, if your network settings on your box are set to automatic, your modem will assign your xbox an ip based on availability (and occasionally goof up and hand out duplicates). I've noticed a significant increase in connection stability by permanently setting my box to a single ip. Plus, I was able to give that ip priority with my new router, which basically will pull the necessary bandwidth away from other devices to use for my LIVE connection.

10. 1ke

1ke D.I.L.L.I.G.A.F.

Is there a link for setting that up for the 360. I just bough a new router, and will need to do that.

11. Colemanchu

Colemanchu GOAT SPLITTER

Me and Ramirez just got booted with a few minutes left in the 3rd. I was up three and had just busted a huge run to inside his 20. I'm thinking best case Im up 10 going into 4th, worst case I'm down 1. Then boom ea kicks us in the balls. We're going to try again but it's seems more like a chore now than a game.

12. jfosh

jfosh Super

"Demilitarized Zone (DMZ) allows one IP Address (computer) to be exposed to the Internet."

I had problems with my Linksys router and my NAT settings for XBOX live (which caused problems like the one Murk is having, optimal is open, if one has strict and the other moderate you will run into problems). So with that router I would identify my IP for the X-Box then set that IP in the Router firmware to the DMZ. No problems once that setting was in place.

Basically as I understand, It allows all traffic to flow freely to that IP address no restrictions....no need for opening or forwarding ports.

For those with newer routers, they should all be UNPNP. The XBOX should be telling the router what ports it needs open. Microsoft has a list of recommended routers.

Drifter your router frimware has QOS, it must be a nice one. Does it track your bandwith activity? Does it assign the static IP by MAC address?

I flashed my Linksys router with Tomato firmware and life has been much better. It tracks bandwith activity and has the QOS settings you spoke of. Even allows you to boost the wireless signal.

13. Drifterbub

Featured Threads:
    It tracks bandwidth to an extent. Mainly can see what level I'm at based off of my normal signal. I also installed a Motorola signal booster in my attic where my line comes in and it did wonders.

As far as assignment by MAC address goes, you know, it probably does. I didn't think about it until you said it. When I first got the router I flashed the firmware then connected the xbox to it. With the firmware loaded, I could see all the connected devices information, so I identified it as the xbox and assigned priority to it.

14. NYJuggalo45

NYJuggalo45 Walk On

probably a resounding NO, but gotta ask it.

It seems like TT1 has more disconnects than any other league in here. I'm looking around the forums, and while there are discos, they are not at the volume we're having. It seems like almost every game drops now, and always at different places, sometimes really early, sometime in the 2nd half.

could it be our file? could it just be so corrupt and screwed up that it's even causing discos?

15. Drifterbub

Featured Threads:
    Very good question to ask at this point. We were having discos at the same rate you guys were, but whatever the bug was seems to have gone away from the most part. I know we had two UvU games last week that had a couple discos, but nothing on the same scale as you guys.

Hack has some contact information with one of the technical guys at EA. He has been looking into the dynasty lock-up issue that a couple of our PS leagues have suffered. I'll have him get you that contact info, fosh.

16. VaSteelah

VaSteelah Swollen Member

Bruce and I had 2 disco's last night. ( I wish there was a 3rd,lol) but on our 3rd try we rebooted our x boxes, and it played smooth as silk.

17. Maynard

Maynard Banned

static ip is one way to go. but opening ports is the simple way to go. You guys are posting this that and the other thing about networking and all its gonna do is confuse people. Meanwhile i didnt see anyone tell people how to set up a static ip.....its not so easy to do and even more difficult to explain.

good luck :)

18. BlyGilmore

BlyGilmore It's All In The Hips!

honestly i don't think it has anything to do with user end settings. if it was a port issue or a static IP issue i don't think you'd be playing a quarter with no sign of issues and then disconnecting.

19. Drifterbub

Featured Threads:
    ?? A static ip takes all of ten seconds to do.

1. Connect to Xbox Live
    2. Go into network settings and write everything down
    3. Switch from Auto to Manual
    4. Type information back in
    6. Profit

You're probably confusing it with having a static ip addy from your ISP. Which really has nothing to do with you and more to do with how the ISP broadcasts their signal.

I tend to agree. I noticed after I went to a static ip that I had drastically reduced the amount of lag. Now that I can assign priority, I have zero lag or connection issues with LIVE. However, it seems that the discos that are occuring most frequently are for server-side or file syncronization reasons.

20. jms493

jms493 Veteran Member

I agree too b/c I played 3-4 games of Madden Online this weekend and 2 NCAA random Ranked games without issue.

This random disconnect only happens in the Online Dynasty!!(n)(n)(n)

21. JrRawlins

JrRawlins People hate me cause they aint me...

welcome to my world JMS..... I was up on Sanders (the #2 team in the nation) twice, the first time into the 3rd quarter up 7 with the ball.... the second time, deep in the 4th 31-24 and i had the ball driving to put the game out of reach.... random disconnect each time..... the thrid time we play those A+ Hokies show up and my B- Cavaliers pop their heads up....

22. JrRawlins

what is step five?

23. jms493

jms493 Veteran Member

Dude that would drive me over the edge and make this no fun.

So basically you needed to beat the guy 3 times in a row to get 1 win.........(n)

24. NYJuggalo45

NYJuggalo45 Walk On

cross your fingers that it works

25. JrRawlins

pretty much, funny thing is, it was the first time Sanders has beat me in two years.....