1. If you haven't seen already, TSO is now powered by Discord! This means that we will eventually be disbanding the embedded chat on the main forum page. Head to this page to learn more on how to integrate your TSO account with discord! https://traditionsportsonline.com/wiki/discord-integration/

I'm Vlogging Away

Discussion in 'The Cheap Seats' started by Drifterbub, Jan 23, 2017.

1. Drifterbub

Drifterbub Help me hide a body?

Featured Threads:
    Some of you may be aware, but I've been working a side project that is my youtube channel. I decided to do so because the wife and I have wholefully under-documented our lives. In the past, we rarely take pictures unless someone else snaps them for us. We've been to some cool places that we literally don't have a single image or clip of. Lugging around my camera gear and shooting will force me to create something that will allow us to look back and remember what it was like to be there, doing the things we did and seeing the things we saw.

Secondary to that, I've always had video editing in my back pocket as a lower tier skill and vlogging has forced me to not become a better editor, but also a better content creator (from pre to post). You can already see this evolution (I believe) between the first few videos I posted to youtube a few months ago, to my latest video. Still improving and still not where I want to be, but getting there.

With that being said, here is the latest video. I welcome criticism!

• Like Like x 3
  2. Keller

Keller The enemy of my enemy is my friend.

What kinda gear you using for all these shots? What do you use for editing?

You should include, whether it be in the description or in the video itself, the specific places you go and the types of things you do. For example I was curious where you went for breakfast. Any other restaurants you went to that were worth mentioning? Any good beers to look for? Maybe in the vlog talk a little about that stuff or what you liked or didn't etc.

3. Drifterbub

Featured Threads:
    Good feedback and also something I'm working on. I'm a little awkward about vlogging in public (meaning holding a camera up and talking to myself like a wierdo). In general a lot of that stems from me not planning ahead of time. I have a ton of unusable footage because I didn't open or close the scenes and it's impossible to put it into context.

I shot most of the scenes on a Sony rx100 mark iv. A few shots on my Canon Rebel t3i. Edited in Adobe Premier Pro, after effects and photoshop.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G920A using Tapatalk

4. Drifterbub

Featured Threads:
    New Vlog!

• Like Like x 1
  5. QuietStorm

QuietStorm TMFL Commish -- **ISYMFS** --

Chocolate money shot... 5lbs worth.. Classic! :cool:
    Good work, wish I had the editing know how to do something similar.

6. Drifterbub

Featured Threads:
    Thanks BR.

There is only one way to learn how to edit... just gotta do it! I had some video editing experience, but nothing serious.

• Like Like x 1