**Immediate Pending Business Thread**

Discussion in 'Thread Archive' started by CoachWest, Nov 15, 2010.

1. CoachWest

CoachWest Walk On

Hey Guys, just to keep us on Track for the offseason, I wanted to put a thread summary together so that nothing falls through. Here are somethings in no particular order.

1) Incentive Program - We need to get this to vote so that we can alert folks by Wednesday

2) Offseason Sample - It may behoove us to post a sample offseason thread showing how to announce Progression, Top 20, and Mandatory Cuts. Also I am not sure about this but I believe we decided to make it a cut down to 48 players, therefore they need to be alerted on what that would look like also (If someone woudl like me to clarify what I am talkign about hit me in board chat)

3) Draft Voting - We need to announce days and options, whether it is a 2 day like Saturday rounds 1-2 and Sunday 3-5 or a all on Sunday the 21st.

4) Pre Trade Approval - Announce and begin accepting proposals

For now these are the only things I think that need to be voted on and implemented before Wed but considering this is Monday it doesnt leave a lot of time. Where are we at with these and are we ready to call a vote on them ?

2. Winuvas

Winuvas OMFL Jets

I will post what I feel is an acceptable progression/regression thread in the forums. And I'll sticky it for the offseason.

3. natedawg212000

natedawg212000 New Orleans Saints

guys, i will not allow any trades until we advance unto the offseaosn. too many variables. not gonna happen.

4. CoachWest

CoachWest Walk On

Great 2 down 2 to go :)

5. BRUCE80

BRUCE80 Let the dirt just shower over you..

Read and agreed. I think we need to keep the trades posting and things under raps until season 1 ends.

6. Winuvas

Winuvas OMFL Jets

Agree 100% here with Nate. I have a great example as to why: I have a trade in place that is pending a possible REGRESSION by MLB Bart Scott. If he doesn't like his new overall, the trade I have in place with an owner will not happen. If we had to post before progression/regression, then lots of people potentially get screwed. Not a good idea.

7. BadaBing319

BadaBing319 OMFL Broncos / PMFL Eagles

Yep, agree as well. Hopefully all the owners understand that progression could change a lot about potential trades. Nothing is final until both owners get a chance to see the new numbers...

8. CoachWest

CoachWest Walk On

Where didi the idea come fomr again lol, I thought a bunch of folks supported it that was why I mentioned it, and when I tried to shoot it down yesterday there seemed to be a lot of folks who wanted it lol, regardless, Other two issues Incetive Program and Scheduleing the Draft. Bing and I will tighen up the incentive program and offer it as a formal proposal, who can post the options of a 2 day draft or on Sunday, and at what times, I think no earlier than 5 pm east because of our west coasters and church Any other thoughts?

9. saintsdave75

saintsdave75 Walk On

If it's ok, I'm going to make a post in the forum asking for opinions on draft times. So what we are looking at is this:

a-saturday afternoon/early evening,
    b-saturday afternoon/early evening and sunday,
    c-sunday,
    d-sunday and monday,
    e-monday,
    f-monday and tuesday,
    g-tuesday

and we have to decide where to have the draft: aim or forum

I'll wait until sometime tomorrow to post it after everyone can voice opinions here first

10. Winuvas

Winuvas OMFL Jets

I think we should start a thread poll. FYI, though, Saturday I will be out of power on campus all day, so if we do it Saturday I have no choice but not to participate. lol

11. DJDunn6

DJDunn6 Walk On

yeah i can not do saturday at all myself it is my sons 5th birthday and party

12. natedawg212000

i cant do this saturday either nor can i ever do mondays

13. natedawg212000

it needs to be like always and be on aim

14. CoachWest

CoachWest Walk On

When you guys say Saturday, do you mean after 8 pm?

15. Winuvas

Winuvas OMFL Jets

Depends on power situation for me.

16. CoachWest

CoachWest Walk On

I think a late Saturday may be feasible, like 8pm cst so that we can regroup and reduce the mistakes as far repicking people. For example 2 hours ish on Saturday for the first 2 rounds, and then reduce the time you have to pick a pick so that we have 2 hours on Sunday same time. The reason we will be able to reduce is if everyone has the option to look over who is picked and replan those last rounds should go by pretty quickly.

17. Winuvas

Winuvas OMFL Jets

In theory, Coach, you are right. However, if memory serves me correctly, the last 2 rounds went SLOWER even with a faster limit on time per pick due to people picking players that were already drafted and not keeping up with the Google Doc. I think Frisk (who was updating it) was a few picks behind, but still....it did take longer it seemed. We did 5 rounds and it took about an hour a round with a 5 minute break in between each round.

18. CoachWest

CoachWest Walk On

Exactly :), which is why having the break may help the mispicks. Redoing a draft board mid way through should help that issue I would think. I am pretty sure people didint have the time to look at the google doc, they only had time to look at there projected boards

19. natedawg212000

ya, i think we really should try a multiple day draft for once. it would allow more owners overall to be there and allow us to have few mistakes. How about a saturday night and sunday night deal? all after 8 pm central?

20. Winuvas

Winuvas OMFL Jets

I'm game IF I can get power on. I don't have any draft picks but I would like to help with draft stuff. Not sure about the power issue we have. Campus is shutting down power for 7-9 hours on Saturday to fix transformers and stuff.

21. CoachWest

CoachWest Walk On

Hey Win, worst case you can use your phone, and/or Phone Combo, or just hit a Panera Bread :)

22. Winuvas

Winuvas OMFL Jets

Obviously you've never been where I live. The nearest Wi-fi is about 30 minutes away from me. lol

Also, I can't update Google Docs from my phone.