Import Your Team Into An Excel Worksheet

Discussion in 'Thread Archive' started by LtJustice, Oct 18, 2010.

1. LtJustice

LtJustice QSF Commissioner

I have created a file that will allow you to have your entire roster in an Excel spreadsheet. This can be useful for keeping track of progression/regression, comparing players for trades or the draft, or whatever.

The process has been made as simple as can be by automated macros within the workbook. You will have to go to the EA franchise site and view each individual player on your team. I have provided an instruction sheet in the file and doing my whole team (all 55 players) took less than 10 minutes.

I did post this last year, but with the new home and so many new members, I thought I would share it again.

I also took the draft class from Google Docs and created an Excel File, complete with a single merged tab to go along with all of the individual tabs. On the "All" tab there is a "Taken" column (the first column). You can use this to follow along with the draft (or just mark out players you don't want), if you put an X in the taken column, it strikes out that player.

These files are in Excel 2007 or 2010 format. If that poses a problem for anyone, let me know. I'm sure I can convert over to the older format.

File Links:

Import Team: http://www.4shared.com/file/rvsnxi7b/Team_Roster.html

2011 Draft Class: http://www.4shared.com/file/34VQBs2G/2011_Draft_Class.html

2. CHUNKNESS

CHUNKNESS Commissioner Quality Simulation Football

Great work as usual, Jim, Thanks! I recommend everyone use these tools in preparation for and during the draft...

3. thafuture3886

thafuture3886 Power Rankings Analyst

Jim's the man :thumbsup:

4. Phenom

Phenom Walk On

Works perfectly. Real easy to import your players. Very nice Jim.

5. BadaBing319

BadaBing319 OMFL Broncos / PMFL Eagles

Hey Jim, for some reason the link to the file isn't working for me. Is it still active?

6. CHUNKNESS

the site is down right now for some reason or another; probably just maintenance

7. BadaBing319

Got it working - thanks! Jim, one thing - it doesn't seem to be importing the overall rating. Is this how it's supposed to work or am I missing something? I've got no problem going in and entering those after if needed...

Thanks again for this - great tool.

8. LtJustice

It most certainly should import overalls, that should appear in the second column (B). If they are not appearing, then I fear the data you are getting may not be accurate. What appears in B, anything? Are you using Internet Expolorer when you do the copying? If not, try that.

9. BadaBing319

Column B was blank, but the other numbers all filled into the correct column. It took me a couple minutes to manually type in the overall ratings, so it wasn't a huge deal. I was using Google Chrome, which could have been the problem.

10. LtJustice

Oh, ok. Yeah using Chrome was probably the difference. Different browsers can copy slightly differently into Excel and it was created using IE, I believe I've used Firefox with it as well. Glad it worked (for the most part) for you!

11. BadaBing319

Man, this is such a great tool. Just used it to create a live depth chart which I uploaded to Google Docs so I can access it at any time. Especially helpful during the off-season - thanks again!

12. LtJustice

Thanks, glad you like it!

13. LtJustice

Just a heads up on something I just discovered. I found that when you import the players it lists the same number for PBS & PBF. I thought there was a problem with the file, but then when I looked at EA's franchise website, I found the problem to be there. Yeah, the website doesn't list the correct PBF, it is just a copy of the PBS. You can see for yourself by comparing the attributes from the website to the attributes you see through the PS3. Thanks again EA!

14. CHUNKNESS