IMPORTANT! Current OMFL Owner Changes/Team Openings (Updated Daily)

Discussion in 'Thread Archive' started by Big D, Apr 24, 2010.

1. Big D

Big D Walk On

IMPORTANT! Current OMFL Owner Changes/Team Openings (Updated Daily)

This is the current list of changes we have heading into the offseason. This needs to be finalized ASAP. Claven may have other plans for the NFC, but as AFC President I will not allow any team changes after the OMFL Bowl is complete through the offseason. That time is too crazy to spend on this coaching carosel.

So AFC teams, you have been warned....you will be locked in very soon.

----------------------------------------------------------------------
    OWNER CHANGES

Cimmy: Goes from Rams to Bills **
    Bluebean: Goes from Bills to Rams **
    ** Please note this change was not conducted in the proper manner. Rather these two owners apparently just decided to swap teams. This isn't how it's supposed to be done, and we won't allow it in the future. We let this slip through the cracks this time and this time only. . .

Jeremy: Goes from Steelers to Redskins
    Bom86: Goes from Redskins to Browns
    Frisk: Goes from Browns to Vikings
    Dean: Leaving the Giants for ___________?????

-------------------------------------------

TEAMS WITH A NEW OWNER

Bills: Cimmy
    Rams: Bluebean
    Redskins: Jeremy
    Browns: Bom86
    Vikings: Emmdotfrisk

-------------------------------------------

TEAMS STILL OPEN

-Giants
    -Steelers

-------------------------------------------------------------------------

PLEASE POST IN THIS THREAD IF YOU ARE INTERESTED IN A CURRENT OPENING. MANAGING THIS ONE THREAD WILL BE MUCH EASIER THAN KEEPING TRACK OF A DOZEN.

2. mustang20241

mustang20241 Walk On

IF trude doesnt leave the fins for ox im blaming the titans and killing him in his sleep

3. Cimmy24

Cimmy24 Candy Ass Self

What is the correct manner Dunlap? I PM'd Nate and he gave us the ok.

4. Cimmy24

Cimmy24 Candy Ass Self

I saw in the rule book that we can switch/swap teams 3 times before we're locked in. Since, dunlap stated the AFC isn't locked in yet....I am putting my name in officially for the Giants....unless I am told otherwise.

5. TRudethaDude

TRudethaDude Walk On

im confused. the one and only team i would leave my current team for is the Titans(im a fan). did ox quit or is he?

6. Big D

Big D Walk On

Cimmy you need to read the ownership changing process here. http://docs.google.com/Doc?docid=0AdD6gsxHAhBjZHhtbTl4ZF8wZzR6Nm12Y3Q&hl=en

Remember when we all had to read those new rules and our chain of command process and sign off on it.....it was in there. :D

If there is a discrepancy in the rulebook we will fix it, but those rules on that link for ownership swaps are the most up to date and that is what we are going with. You can only change teams ONCE per season. This keeps us from turning into a full time coaching carousel, which would make it impossible to keep this league running smoothly.

So you have already used your one swap for the upcoming season in going from the Rams to Bills. Sorry bud.

Also, if you had approved your change with Nate I apologize....he just never informed the rest of us. But remember to read those rules, as you were supposed to inform the league presidents first of a request to change teams. But again I apologize if Nate had OK'd this.

7. Bluebean

Bluebean Kansas City Chiefs

Dunlap, the swap was approved with the Bills and Rams before we switched. So that's a lie.

8. mustang20241

mustang20241 Walk On

damnit, no ox wont leave because hes a frickin titans fan too

Atleast titans drafted my boy Rusty Smith.

If there is anything at all that can make you leave the fins, even after this season plz let me know.

9. Cimmy24

Cimmy24 Candy Ass Self

Well....in the OMFL Rule Book link...

http://docs.google.com/Doc?docid=0AdD6gsxHAhBjZHhtbTl4ZF8xaGg4amQ3OXQ&hl=en

I saw this rule...

5 - Open Teams
    We will post a thread for 24 hours with an open team for players to swap to. All interested parties will then post in that thread and the Rules Comity will decide the winner. All owners are allowed 3 team trades or swaps before we lock you into a team. If no one post then the team is handed to a newbie on the waiting list.

Not trying to be a dick towards Frisk because he is one of my lovers on here....but...did he not go from Washington (1) to Cleveland (2) to Minnesota (3)? That is also after he already played with and moved around free agents and what not within the team. I haven't touched Buffalo, nor have I made any trade deals. So, in my eyes it only seems fair. If we are going to go with the final decision based on the Board Member responsibilities, I see this should be finalized by either Nate for obvious reasons, Claven or Jeremy as members of the rule committee, or weblink as the conflict ombudsman, as I see a conflict between rules and what has been allowed towards other members.

(y)

10. Emmdotfrisk

Emmdotfrisk Working half days on my days off.

I am technically not Vikings owner til end of the year but if it is against the rules I don't have a problem being the browns, Rams, or whoever.

11. Big D

Big D Walk On

Cimmy,

You and I need to talk on AIM (sterlingcoug) ASAP.

Regardless, Frisk did only switched once per season. He went from Redskins to Browns during Season 2. He will now go from Browns to Vikings during Season 3. That is one switch per season as per our rules state.

Regarding the rulebook, as I mentioned about and I thought I was very clear and specific about, the most up to date rules about ownership swaps are in the 'Chain of Command' Link I posted. The rulebook is very old, and we are not able t edit it anymore as the board memeber who created th doc is no longer with us. We, as a board, approved all of the new rules set out for ownership less than a month ago. We asked all of the owners to read the rules and 'sign' them.

Sorry for the confusion, but it is 1 swap per season. The Bills/Rams swap happened after your season was completed thus it is a Season 3 swap. There are reasons in place why we have this rule. Please AIM me today and we can talk about it if you feel you are getting the short end of the stick here.....but this is our rule and we are going to follow it.

As far as board member responsibilities, again the rules in the 'Chain of Command' clearly spell out who is in charge of ownership swaps. It is not the rules committee but the League Presidents. Please take an in depth look at that document and then AIM me.

12. bigox1337

bigox1337 Walk On

NEGATIVE.... i aint leaving, you royally screwed over the colts... i would swapped if manning where there but you traded him for nothing and now you realize your now tied for 4th in the division, talent standpoint, and you want out. If you cant hang with the dirty south, then get the f out!

RUSTY SMITH? Ha, your boy gonna be running the practice squad for his career!

oh and trude, sorry buddy, unless some wild blind draft for teams happens in madden 2011, gonna take them over next madden too. I aint gonna coach a team in the OMFL unless i got some team gear and they only team gear i gots royal and sky blue.

13. natedawg212000

natedawg212000 New Orleans Saints

I can't read all of this right now, but thats the rules, but its a old rule about 3 times. I want guys to have their favorite team if possible. All ownership changes just need to be ok'ed by me.