IMPORTANT!!! - Here We Go Again

Discussion in 'Thread Archive' started by vatechhokie01, Sep 6, 2011.

1. vatechhokie01

vatechhokie01 Anglican Priest and Beer-snob

Transfer Failed.

Update: This is exactly what happened last time. And there are TONS of reports of this happening most often at the transfers stage.

Thoughts/Notes:
    -I have converted my saved file into new dynasty, which means I'm the sole member and commissioner of dynasty and in the players leaving dynasty
    -I really don't know what else to do besides just use this new league (old still exists but can't get in at all) and invite everyone
    -Some of you are going to hate to hear this, but at this point, I think we should consider re-starting everything if patch actually fixes stuff
    -Word on street is that patch isn't going to necessarily fix existing dynasty stuff
    -I am so tired and over:
    screwing/deleting all of our contract history (I miss you UNLV)
    losing coach win/loss history, etc
    all our coaches randomly being graded B+ now
    bowl games (and others) being simmed randomly by EA
    quarter length not being changed
    computer signing 15 dudes for all of us in offseason recruiting
    player tendency glitch/bullcrap
    about a million other things

But I'm open to all thoughts. Just know that this is what it is. I guarantee there is no "fixes" to it.

P.S. In the meantime, please immediately accept your invite to the new league as exactly (ahem, bonner and mullen) the same position you just had. Thanks.

2. Goose

Goose Walk On

This blows. I was going to have a historic recruiting class at Akron. I was actually excited about the upcoming season.

3. ThePlague0208

ThePlague0208 Walk On

So what your saying is that I'm not going to get all those recruits that you worked so hard for at Wash St?

4. TRudethaDude

TRudethaDude Walk On

unreal. this really deters me from even playing this game. i dont even wanna use proper grammer not to be confused with grammar or punctuate my letters on this post. way to go ea you just made me dummer not to be confused with dumber and screw the period on this last sentence

lets just all take up eas way and go half ass on everything tiping included not to be confused with typing

• Like Like x 3
  5. vatechhokie01

^^^amazing post, lmao

• Like Like x 1
  6. Goose

Goose Walk On

New head coach at TOSU, Anthony Edwards Sr. Thank you, Thank you.

7. AndyVanSlyke

AndyVanSlyke Walk On

I am having a blast so I don't care what we do. Not gonna lie though, I have some legit talent in El Paso and would hate to lose it.

Plus Mullen, Bonner and Scott had me dying last night with the outcome of the carousel.

8. AndyVanSlyke

AndyVanSlyke Walk On

i can't be UTEP in the new dynasty. they aren't a 2 star program anymore.

9. LeatherHelmets

LeatherHelmets Walk On

I would rather wait for the patch, assuming before the week is out....see if that is the solution, before starting over again....personally being at a new school makes no difference to me...just thinking about those guys who are now into season 3 with same team....

10. LeatherHelmets

LeatherHelmets Walk On

Maybe Tuna needs a coordinator at WKU??

11. LeatherHelmets

LeatherHelmets Walk On

Or take a brief break from the Cathedral, get the Abbey rolling...bump up to 48 hrs. advance

• Like Like x 1
  12. ThePlague0208

ThePlague0208 Walk On

I'm with Weave. I'm having a blast playing. I'm ready to play

13. AndyVanSlyke

AndyVanSlyke Walk On

Could we start the Abbey tonight? I thought I read that as long as you aren't in the end of year, the patch will fix most major issues.

14. Goose

Goose Walk On

Akron has 2 stars now. Read it and weep.

15. LeatherHelmets

LeatherHelmets Walk On

New OD set up, as WKU...

16. Goose

Goose Walk On

you should be Purdue DC

17. LeatherHelmets

LeatherHelmets Walk On

P.S. In the meantime, please immediately accept your invite to the new league as exactly (ahem, bonner and mullen) the same position you just had. Thanks.

Thought this was pre cc?

18. vatechhokie01

no, i meant that you JUST had... purdue DC indeed.

19. AndyVanSlyke

AndyVanSlyke Walk On

did you switch it yet so that i can get in as UTEP. I have brought them up to 4 stars now.

20. LeatherHelmets

LeatherHelmets Walk On

Sorry, send another invite

21. krbonn76

krbonn76 Walk On

I am having a blast and could care less what we do. I would like to continue seeing that i will be an OC at what looks to be a high school in North Texas. With that being said it looks like another year of losing since i do play some mean defense (which instead i get to watch the computer try and play)

22. vatechhokie01

Alright guys, well I have to admit I'm about done with this pre-patch league. Now I can't even get into the new league file due to another file corruption/transfer error since someone joined. But I have friends in town and can't sit for hours trying to deal with this crap. My hard vote is:

-We take the time (mullen and I perhaps) to gather info, retire the Cathedral 1 league, and make a nice league history (total record, awards, conf champs, accomplishments, etc as an ode to our first run and then... (maybe hand out a couple awards... like Bingo Hall's... to 1st ,2nd and 3rd placed coaches)
    -Wait for the patch on all things: New Cathedral and the Abbey
    -I am so sick and tired of this and it ruins so much: like how is it fun that 2 seasons are literally irrevelant? Tbone, weave, mormon, etc have the same job approval and new contracts as bonner, myself, mullen at news schools etc... makes what we have done to this point and the carousel itself totally irrelevant
    -but to go beyond that, i refuse to just keep going through this shit. its going to happen again. in a few hours all our teams are going to magically sign 20 players that we didnt recruit, then IF we get to the preseason, some of us are going to have random games simmed and then bowl games simmed and then the file is going to crash at the end of the year and everything is going to be irrelevant once again..
    -its total horseshit. i have zero desire to keep playing isolated seasons with bad teams. and your damn right i have fell victim to this crap... no way I was supposed to be fired at UNLV with my 73% job approval. Now i switch jobs as coordinators every year but doesn't matter cuz there is nothing to build on (coach rating, coach history, reputation, etc) as every year we all start back at the beginning. Where is the room for me to invest or care? total crap. I also hate sitting around and watching others, as fun as is it, to have nothing more than isolated seasons of success or failure. who cares? if i wanted to play 1 season at a time I'd do it with VT... not f-ing Washington State cuz i was forced there by a broken system.

we had our run. Let's wait for the patch. I refuse to start the Abbey until things are fixed. I want actual players with their actual tendencies and have an actual opportunity to climb the ladder of the carousel I mean, well done guys. But I'm over this crap.

That's my 2 cents. Time for patience I say. EA sucks. Mullen has the other file, if you want to try and upload it and invite... cool with me of course. But I don't have the stamina for the bullshit right now. I'll wait until we have something that actually resembles a coaching carousel (or at least a normal league with teams we are amped about if that's all we can ultimately have).

I've said my peace and yes I'm venting.

P.S. You all know I love you all and this group too much to quit. I am in no way quitting. Never. And I'll do whatever. But darn right I'm ready and willing to wait for something less broken. So over it. Especially, laugh alll you want, as the commish who has to manage all this bullcrap. I'm over it.

• Like Like x 1
  23. LeatherHelmets

LeatherHelmets Walk On

Supported...lets wait for the patch, let the dust settle....

24. mmullen8

mmullen8 Walk On

yeah and I have to say I am excited to play as wku...but i dont want to get two more years in and lose all progress....again.

I think we have to start over or we risk having this all happen again. I love the CC, love that I am only a head coach because Gramps likes to try diffrent stuff....I love this league and where we are with it....just going to be totally pissed when we start over year 3 and again at year 4.

25. vatechhokie01

2 MORE years?!!!! its happend BOTH years! it happens EVERY years! 2 years would be wonderful!!!