IMPORTANT! New and Final League Setup!

Discussion in 'Thread Archive' started by vatechhokie01, Jun 25, 2011.

1. vatechhokie01

vatechhokie01 Anglican Priest and Beer-snob

After much discussion with the founding members and co-commissioners and the corresponding unanimous approval found therein, we are switching up the leagues. Here is the new and final league setup for NCAA 12 with some additional changes and notes as well:

-The Coaching Carousel League is going to be our main league. In essence, the Abbey has now become The Cathedral and the Cathedral has become the Abbey (keeping The Cathedral as the main league).
    -This is due to a number of factors. Mainly, we believe this exciting new feature to be the future of the game while also offering an unavoidable amount of mystery, excitement, motivation to play long and often... and all while still including our favorite schools in the form of our Dream Jobs.
    -We will still be running our 2nd league with our favorite big-time schools.
    -This now said, I will allow and would even encourage you to take a few days and think long and hard about what team you would like to be in the New Cathedral. It is true that we currently have a wonderful conference breakdown among the smaller conferences, but this 1 or 2 star team selection is even more important now than before. This is going to be your team, your coaching start, and the team that you will have to rebuild to move forward. Select wisely. But it must be a non-BCS 1 or 2 star school.
    -The change obviously requires a few things, the biggest right now of which is to redo your recruiting table to reflect your new team

You MUST go read the new league page. It has been updated to reflect the major switch but in addition it has new and updated content/rules/expectations throughout! Some of the notables:
    -We are only requiring post-game summaries/articles on the forums (no dynasty wire) and only for games vs. ranked opponents and against other users (the home team user is responsible for the article)
    -We are requiring each person (most have) to sign up and commit to at least ONE Special Content (power rankings, game of the week, league history, heisman watch, etc) job duty and in so doing commit to creating, updating, and developing its depth. Our goal is to simplify but deepen the content experience!
    Note: Each Special content will receive its own stickied thread (couple might be grouped based on obvious relation maybe)
    -We are requiring a tag/upload of only and all scoring TD videos (understanding there is a max of 5). This is just a simple upload to the EA servers or accountability reasons and so we can see how you are scoring the majority of your TDs
    -Playbooks and Custom Playbooks: As a coach, you will need to think long and hard about the playbook you would like to choose for you. You will not be changing it and it will be going with you to other schools. As for custom playbooks, we are in discussions. Ideally, I would like to come up with an allowance (i.e. 5 deletions/additions each year or something) in which over your coaching career your playbook can develop
    -Advance times will be 48hrs for main CC league and Sunday/Wednesday for 2nd league

Again, it is your responsibility to go to the league setup/description thread(s) to read all the new changes/setup.

Enjoy!
    Heath

• Like Like x 1
  2. Goose

Goose Walk On

Can we add wrinkles is our personell call for it. For example, I'll probably use a pro style Offense, if down the road a couple of seasons I recruit and develop a kick ass option QB will I be able to add some spread option stuff? i.e. Jim Tressel for Troy Smith and Terrelle Pryor.

3. vatechhokie01

Yea we will def need to provide something to allow for legit development. Maybe 1 formation set add per yr or something. Keep tuned. What I can say is it won't be allowed midseason ever and we will supply the rules for the allowed changes as soon as we learn more.

4. vatechhokie01

Jim tressel...lmao.

5. vatechhokie01

I personally think this will be the most fun if we go "all in" with vicariously being 1st-yr rookie coaches at the bottom. To this end, I want to offer a challenge: Think about picking a school that had a losing record, is no better than a C overall, and is lower than #60.

Jump in and be a young rookie coach who has a real shot at climbing the ladder. After all, coaches that won last year aren't getting fired and winning programs aren't hiring 1st-time virgin coaches usually. Take a job for a team that would possibly be looking for a new young coach and a new path in college football history.

(Note: This is not mandatory. Winning with a poor quality school on All-American will prove challenging to some. But this challenge will be part of the fun. It will also possibly offer us a longer and more developed climb to a top tier school. Just do it!)

To help you guys, last year's records and NCAA 12 ratings/rankings (as well as added trash-talking) for our current team selections are:

UNLV
    2010 Record: 2-11 (2-6)
    NCAA 12 Rating: D+
    Pre-season Ranking - #88

San Diego State (Mormon might need a good team. No surprise there.)
    2010 Record: 9-4 (5-3)
    NCAA 12 Rating: B-
    Pre-season Ranking: #65

Hawaii (Cuz everyone is shocked that Mullen picked a good team. I mean, how is Hawaii a 2-star?)
    2010 Record: 10-4 (7-1)
    NCAA 12 Rating: C+
    Pre-season Ranking: #39

Fresno State (Gramps... way to stretch yourself with an established program.)
    2010 Record: 8-5 (5-3)
    NCAA 12 Rating: B
    Pre-season Ranking - #68

Lousiana-Lafayette
    2010 Record: 3-9 (3-5)
    NCAA 12 Rating: C-
    Pre-season Ranking: #109

North Texas
    2010 Record: 3-9 (3-5)
    NCAA 12 Rating: C-
    Pre-season Ranking: #113

Central Michigan
    2010 Record: 3-9 (2-6)
    NCAA 12 Rating: C
    Pre-season Ranking: #94

Northern Illinois (Bonner, you better stick with this. You suck at the game.)
    2010 Record: 11-3 (8-0)
    NCAA 12 Rating: C+
    Pre-season Ranking: #37

Temple (New teenie-bopper will probably need a headstart)
    2010 Record: 8-4 (5-3)
    Pre-season Ranking: #81

UTEP
    2010 Record: 6-7 (3-5)
    Pre-season Ranking: #102

6. mmullen8

mmullen8 Walk On

yeah I didnt realize Hawaii was so stacked...in the true spirit of the league, I will find a new team

7. LeatherHelmets

LeatherHelmets Walk On

Well, sure.....I have the chance to acheive a .500 record and the commish comes in and crushes that dream....because later on if I go 7-6, he'll be saying how I stacked the deck...also now that I am in a leadership position, commish 2.5 and rising I probably need to set a good example of losing!.....:confused:

So you probably have a new team picked out for me already!.....and I just updated my recuriting and game summary templates to Fresno State!

TUNA ITS YOUR PICK! Lets stay in the WAC if we can

8. vatechhokie01

Additional help/analysis: Here is every non-BCS 1/2 star-team with a losing record, a rating of C or below, and a pre-season ranking below #60...

Wyoming
    UNLV (Taken)
    Central Michigan (Taken)
    Tulane
    Idaho
    Mid Tenn State
    Arkansas State
    UTEP (Taken)
    Bowling Green
    Kent State
    Ball State
    Utah State
    UL Monroe
    Buffalo
    UL Lafayette (Taken)
    Rice
    Florida Atlantic
    Memphis
    North Texas (Taken)
    San Jose State
    UAB
    New Mexico
    New Mexico State
    Western Kentucky
    Eastern Michigan
    Akron

P.S. If you consider a move of team, discuss before declaring, keeping in mind conference breakdown and trying to help the league keep a fair and constant breakdown (ideally no-one in a conference by themselves!)

9. mmullen8

mmullen8 Walk On

I am really leaning towards Bowling Green

10. vatechhokie01

sweet uniforms and fun "used to be good but now suck" program. but don't be overloading the MAC! (although a couple of others in the (North Illinois, Temple) might be changing. I say either join Weave in the C-USA (Memphis is really intriguing to me and have cool uniforms) or come create the sweetes tri-rivalry ever with mormon and I in the MWC!

11. vatechhokie01

but seriously... you have to like the team!

12. LeatherHelmets

LeatherHelmets Walk On

Western Kentucky

13. vatechhokie01

Gramps. are you sure? you would be going from a decent team (while confessing a bit of trepidation over playing with a poor team) to maybe the poorest team in the game.

I will say a plus for Western KY is that they are in the Sun Belt which would be a great starting point. It would also give us 3 in the Sun Belt and with mullen moving, we would be rid of the WAC (probably the best non-BCS conference). 3 teams in the MAC and Sun Belt would be pretty darn fun.

Did you look at their schedule? Returning starters/players? etc. Could be fun!...

but they are gonna suck big time.

14. ThePlague0208

ThePlague0208 Walk On

Wow ranked #113 team for me! Talk about starting from the bottom. Btw.... I love this idea

15. LeatherHelmets

LeatherHelmets Walk On

Figured it would be in the true spirit of the coaching carsouel, better for conferences within the league.....the Hilltoppers will be climbing to the top!

16. mmullen8

mmullen8 Walk On

gramps, that team is horrible...i tried it before an it is really bad. but good for you sir, wish you the best

17. vatechhokie01

something tells me mormon didn't read this. not surprising as he posts about 2 times a month and when he does just tends to rattle off at the mouth.

as for teams, I'm still trying to figure out how in the world they have UNLV even as high as #88. 2-11 and a D+. Maybe they'd run the table in the Sun Belt? No idea. But I do know I'm about to go 1-11 with a schedule of: Wisconsin, WashSt, Hawaii, BoiseSt, SDSU and TCU. I literally might be the first fired.

18. krbonn76

krbonn76 Walk On

Are we still starting off as a OC or DC? Or are we going straight to head coach?

19. vatechhokie01

good question and i should have specified. definitely no coordinators. we will all be head coaches.

20. krbonn76

krbonn76 Walk On

You are welcome!

21. krbonn76

krbonn76 Walk On

I will be taking my talent or lack there of over to Rice to A) follow the rules B) give weave some (granted not much) competition

22. vatechhokie01

Love the Rice pick! Awesome unis and fun opportunity!

23. vatechhokie01

now... where the hell is Alex? (a theme maybe?). Alex, you are the only dbag that is still playing with a quasi-good team.