IMPORTANT! PLEASE READ AND COMMENT

Discussion in 'Thread Archive' started by bigox1337, Jan 27, 2010.

1. bigox1337

bigox1337 Walk On

IMPORTANT! PLEASE READ AND COMMENT

OK, i just read this thread http://www.traditionfootball.com/forums/showthread.php?t=17060 which states this....

If you exceed your cap before the draft, any draft picks you have will be picked then go to free agency.

If you exceed your cap after the draft (signing your draft picks puts you over), those draft picks will stay free agents, since you can't afford them.

Considering that i think we are getting 6 draft picks so lets do some math.

Lets say all your picks are 70 overall(they will be higher and lower, this is just to make it easier)

6 x 6 cap hit (what a 70 is worth in cap) = 36

I dont think anyone is saving money for the draft with braylon edwards going for 45 etc etc and i think 36 cap points is on the extremely low end considering there are like 12 rookies over 80 overall.

This will lead to people drafting scrubs as high as the second round because they dont want to lose there picks as they will be over the CAP when it comes to signing people. Im afraid that i wont be able to afford my rookies even if i DONT SIGN ANYONE in this FA market.

What does everyone else think? and how much cap are yall saving for the draft.

2. TRudethaDude

TRudethaDude Walk On

i think that i made sure i counted my cap before and released players accordingly to the rules in place. i was only able to go after 2 guys in FA with a limited amount of cap space. i estimated my draft picks before free agency so that i would know how much i could bid in FA. i cant think that im the only one that thought about this stuff ahead of time. if the cap is raised then all the people who did things right the first time lose out. then i could have went for more FA's or bidded higher on a better FA then the ones i got, but i didnt because i made sure my cap was going to be ok. big ox i totally understand what you are saying, but i feel like its too late to revise things in the interest of fairness. i wouldnt have dropped joey porter 88ovr. to FA if the need to make cap space wasnt there. i would have love to just dropped some guy i didnt need. thats the beauty of FA and thats why guys are going for certain guys now with the parity created.

after the draft is over i my cap will be at the max 350, but i also saved myself a tad bit of room just in case of an injury or a trade where i would need some more space.

3. Winuvas

Winuvas OMFL Jets

I saved 30 points originally for draft, then after I traded my first and second round picks, I took my draft budget to 25. I had 75 points in cap space to spend.

If people did not budget for draft, then I'm sorry, but that is your fault. That is why we ask people to keep track of their own cap.

4. bigox1337

bigox1337 Walk On

Thanks for a respond rude dude, Im glad someone else is thinking about this too. Board members are already above 350+. An easy fix is just wait till week one to enforce the 350 rule but im not in a postition of power so i dunno

5. bigox1337

bigox1337 Walk On

Im not even close to the cap max, winny btw did you see that other post, i posted a couple questions there. I always thought the rules were you had till week 1 to get under the cap, and till week 2 to get to 53 players but i see thats not on the rules page anymore.
    Did it change recently and if so? why?

6. Winuvas

Winuvas OMFL Jets

The original rules were for the first year only, I believe. That is the way I interpret the rules, anyway.

So you have to be at 53 players and below 350 cap before you can even think about playing your week 1 games.

Hope that clarifies my position. :)

7. bigox1337

bigox1337 Walk On

Oh im not agueing at all, we on the same boat, i still 40ish cap room left. Did you see what i asked about the scrubs and if you wanted me to go ahead and count and drop or wait till later on?

8. Winuvas

Winuvas OMFL Jets

If you are able to, cut the scrubs. If not, I will be looking at the EA rosters to update the book, so make sure that you have posted the fact that those scrubs are signed on your team.

If you want to talk more about this issue (not saying I don't want you to express your opinion on here, I do), hit me up on AIM and we can talk more. :)

9. bigox1337

bigox1337 Walk On

i think we got it covered here, just im saying that id bet about 50 percent of people didnt save room for the draftees, i didnt even think about it myself until i saw your post. Its gonna muddle the draft and make it super hard on the board members if you are strict to the NOBODY OVER 350 EVER PERIOD. Give us a deadline to be UNDER 350 like the first game or something, and then talk to the owners who are in the high 300s and low 400s already and explain to them that they are going to have to cut players, not sign draftees, etc etc

10. Winuvas

Winuvas OMFL Jets

Oh, don't mistake that for lack of leniency. We want to give owners every opportunity to get under the cap. I just want people to know that crazy FA spending will come back to bite them in the butt.

We will try every thing we can to work with the owners in place to make sure their caps are in order.

11. bigox1337

bigox1337 Walk On

All im saying is let me draft who i want, when i want, sign who i want for whatever i feel necessary, if im over the cap, that is my problem and my problem alone. THEN IF NOT UNDER 350 BY THE FIRST GAME, then and only then does the board step in.

I know why yall are saying this, one person is gonna muddle EVERYTHING up by signing and signing and signing and since your trying to make it fair as possible, giving ppl an opportunity to get a better core of players that was taken away by one rouge owner. If you threaten to cut players if they wont, the teams who didn't get a chance will get one after the the board or the owner makes the necessary cuts to be at 350 and 53.

The way it was originally worded( i know your updating it) it seems as soon as you hit 350, your offseason is over and if that includes the draft so be it. At least give us a chance to get back under the cap if we make a mistake by cutting OTHER players. Not the ones that put us over the cap.

12. bigox1337

bigox1337 Walk On

All im saying is let me draft who i want, when i want, sign who i want for whatever i feel necessary, if im over the cap, that is my problem and my problem alone. THEN IF NOT UNDER 350 BY THE FIRST GAME, then and only then does the board step in.

I know why yall are saying this, one person is gonna muddle EVERYTHING up by signing and signing and signing and since your trying to make it fair as possible, giving ppl an opportunity to get a better core of players that was taken away by one rouge owner. If you threaten to cut players if they wont, the teams who didn't get a chance will get one after the the board or the owner makes the necessary cuts to be at 350 and 53.

The way it was originally worded( i know your updating it) it seems as soon as you hit 350, your offseason is over and if that includes the draft so be it. At least give us a chance to get back under the cap if we make a mistake by cutting OTHER players. Not the ones that put us over the cap.

13. VishaL

VishaL OMFL Eagles / PMFL Seahawks

My biggest FA Bid was 5, LOL Good Luck to the owner of A.Ross & B.Edwards

14. bigox1337

bigox1337 Walk On

I bidded on ross, i think it was something bid like 17 or 18, and it was doubled in the span of 30 minutes

15. Winuvas

Winuvas OMFL Jets

I feel you on that one. But just be patient. I modified the post you referred to in this thread, fyi.

16. bigox1337

bigox1337 Walk On

ok thanks winny, ill take a look and if i still have some problems ill hit you up on AOL

17. bigox1337

bigox1337 Walk On

Please disregard, the posts wording has been changed and its fair as fair can get.

18. natedawg212000

natedawg212000 New Orleans Saints

ya its nuts, and if guys really screwed up then they will be booted. If they want to risk that, then go right ahead. I've got owners begging to get in here.

19. natedawg212000

natedawg212000 New Orleans Saints

also, you can can go 'over' but they can not play week 1 until they are at or under 350 and at or over 53

20. Winuvas

Winuvas OMFL Jets

Yeah I changed the wording of the post to reflect that. Just have to change it everywhere I posted. I'll have to correct it later as I'm up to my armpits in team management threads. lol

21. JerzeyReign

JerzeyReign #BeatOhio

Bam! Your like Doogie Howser smart, lol.

Those who went splurging in FA are just SOL IMO.

22. Winuvas

Winuvas OMFL Jets

Not smart so much as....meticulous. I'm the cap guy for a reason. ;) I crunch numbers at work and at play. Numbers are kinda my thing.

23. TRudethaDude

TRudethaDude Walk On

you old number cruncher you.(y)

24. obwhite

obwhite Who Dat Nation!

I thought about this ahead of time as well.. i didnt go crazy in FA.. i got a SS that i really needed for like 17 and going after a punter but after that, i'm laying low waiting for this draft....

25. Winuvas

Winuvas OMFL Jets

Good strategy. I needed some of these guys though so I had to go a bit over budget. But with trading a few draft picks I think I should be okay. If not there are a few players I can move to clear up space. Overall I am okay.