Important, please read and respond

Discussion in 'Heisman Hopefuls' started by bravejaf, Aug 19, 2013.

1. bravejaf

bravejaf Walk On

_MG_
    xGRIDIRONxGURUx
    BigJim11
    gnittio
    cadepetty247
    G_T_G
    ElectrifiedZombies
    CTfromDC
    boil16

I know the last 10 days or so have not been kind to this dynasty. This is mostly due to problems within the online dynasty structure. We also lost some key members and as of today I have received no responses on filling the vacancies. The slow advance for week 14 is 100% my fault. I had some family stuff to take care of out of town.

I need to know if you think it is worth salvaging the dynasty or should we call it quits. I'd love to keep this thing going but I think some changes are needed to keep this thing going. I know my interest in the dynasty has taken a nose dive after the first few CPU games. It has little to do with the difficulty and more to do with the game mechanics. We may need to look at some of the Heisman slider sets.

If we do decide to continue, should we retire the existing dynasty and start fresh with new teams? The only idea I had was everyone picking a team and forming a super conference to allow for more user vs user games. I love playing as my favorite school, but honestly I am sick of using spread offense team. If we continue with the existing file I will hopefully land this one QB recruit that can start as true freshman.

2. CTfromDC

CTfromDC Where my money?

Truthfully, I like my team, and starting over for me after the investment of time and recruiting put in kinda sucks. Don't want to be selfish though, as I know some ppl cant advance their coaches. I feel like with the new games dropping week after week in the next three months, my interest will die completely if things don't change. If we are calling it quits, would like to know sooner than later though, I want to keep the game but could easily trade it to pay for madden or something and just sim some draft classes for my madden franchise. Two madden leagues I'm scheduled in are live and the NFL has me all fired up. I'd be for a big conference of all users if it were full, but like you said, it's tuff getting more people in, probably due to the same concerns you have. I want a league were we can enjoy the game, form rivalries and such, just speaking out loud. Will go with the majority of the league though.

3. boil16

boil16 Walk On

I'd start over but I'd need to pick a diff team, wouldn't wanna do the same season over again.

4. cadepetty247

cadepetty247 Walk On

I hate to be this way but it would be hard for me to continue if we started over. The super conference doesnt interest me at all.

5. xGRIDIRONxGURUx

xGRIDIRONxGURUx GO DUCKS. WIN THE DAY.

I vote for restart but dude you have to allow custom playbooks... I dropped one other od and joined up into one that has already started and again have had zero issues with users... but cant use spread pkaybook stock without getting insta-drop

6. G_T_G

G_T_G BEAR DOWN

Same here. Not into that idea very much.

7. bravejaf

bravejaf Walk On

I just want to be clear; a restart is not imminent. I am trying to gather opinions and come up with a way to save the dynasty.

8. xGRIDIRONxGURUx

if we can get custom playbooks I don't care what we do ever :)

9. bravejaf

bravejaf Walk On

We can revisit custom playbooks, but if I allow custom playbooks you will be required to post every formation in the playbook. You are not allowed to use a spread style playbook with multiple fleXbox One formations. If you have a spread playbook you may only use a very limited number of non-shotgun packages.

10. xGRIDIRONxGURUx

it would contain 1 I formation... 1 FleXbox One... 3 Pistol... rest Shotgun

you can view the playbook formation listing here: http://www.simsports.net/viewPlaybook.php?pbid=110&gid=2

and you can click on the formations to see what plays i use from each formation... nothing to hide

11. ElectrifiedZombies

ElectrifiedZombies Walk On

I am sorry for not being around these past week and half I have been trying to get on this website and my cpu has been funny and kept giving me errors every time I did and then there was a bunch of stuff in going on I had to deal with which also kept me too busy from really being a good contributor......

but now it is taken care of and everything is good to go......

with that being said I say do a restart then just pick new teams

12. cadepetty247

cadepetty247 Walk On

NO

13. bravejaf

bravejaf Walk On

For now I want to try running offseason to see if that fixes the issues. I am hoping the new coaches will start accruing skill points once we pass coach carousel. I may create a test dynasty file and run some experiments this weekend.

I may need someone to temporarily hold commish file for this dynasty, since I can only be commish for one online dynasty. I may also need some volunteers to create coaches and help with some tests.