IMPORTANT: Re-Format? Information Here...

Discussion in 'Thread Archive' started by Emmdotfrisk, Jan 19, 2010.

?

Should we Restructure Civil War?

1. Yes! I like the new format you suggested.

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  2. Yes, but I I would like 6 in SEC and 6 in Big 12 better

75.0%
  3. Yes, but I say we think of another idea.

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  4. No, I like it the way it is now.

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  5. Undecided, I don't know what to think or do.

25.0%
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Emmdotfrisk

Emmdotfrisk Working half days on my days off.

IMPORTANT: Re-Format? Information Here...

Alright guys, I have now heard from all of you. The majority of you favored a restructuring while a couple wanted to stay unique and have "Civil War" stay part of the theme. Well I talked with HackGolfer and have come up with a solution that could possibly please all of our patrons. So here is...

CIVIL WAR
    North vs. South

[​IMG]

This is the true Civil War. Above is the map of the United States during the Civil War. The Mason Dixon Line (Thanks Cimmy) divides the north and south. This will not only be a individual competition but a region competition. North vs South. 6 owners will choose teams in the North region (Highlighted Blue and Green) and 6 owners will choose from the South Region (Higlighted Gray).

Each Owner will play their non-conference games against members of their opposing region (North vs South). The winner of the yearly Civil War will win an additional scholarship, home field advantage for the following years matchups, and title as sole champion of the Civil War. Each Team will have 4 user games 8 CPU games. I expect the conference scheme to be along the lines of 2-2-2-2-2-2 or 3-3-3-3. This will give everyone the opportunity to compete for a Conference Championship as well as a National Championship. We will stick to the new 72 hour advance schedule.

NOTE: As far as team selection goes, those who want to keep their team are certainly entitled too. Those who want to switch we will be doing a draft. I will pick a # between 1-100 and ask everyone to PM me a number. The draft order will then be decided upon who picks closest to the #. I will be choosing my team last no matter what.

I would like everyone to cast their vote and give feedback, ideas, and/or opinions. After all, I am here to help make this an enjoyable OD for everyone.

Thanks Frisk.

2. T2

T2 Smarter than your average bear!

lol kansas... ksu is north ku is south lol

3. jca312

jca312 Walk On

I like it Frisk, sounds like a good idea

4. tuco418

tuco418 Older and wiser than you

sounds good

5. Coach Saban

Coach Saban Walk On

I call Alabama :)

6. thievaryx

thievaryx Walk On

Awesome! Count me in!

7. Emmdotfrisk

We are still waiting to hear from...

Bcduggan
    NDColts
    H22APWRD94

Once we have all the votes we will discuss it further.

8. bcduggan

bcduggan Walk On

I wasn't planning on voting I was willing to go with the majority.

9. Emmdotfrisk

NDColts has decided to drop CW. So H22 is the only one left. I will be announcing two new coaches soon...

10. H22APWRD94

H22APWRD94 RG3 Bandwagon

I love this the way it is now. Feels like real college football. BU without Griffin was exactly what it should have been, a challenge. I would have gone winless in BigXII play had I not gotten the CPU win against Cimmy, he and I both know that. That being said, having Griffin back next year will be a sweet treat, and I am disappointed I will not be able to play against a full schedule of users to make it through the Big XII.

Mike

11. Emmdotfrisk

Looks like all votes were cast. Cadepetty I would like to hear your opinion before we discuss this further. Maybe you have something to add that may change everyone elses opinion of switching things up.

12. H22APWRD94

H22APWRD94 RG3 Bandwagon

Making notes here.

Ft. Sumter - SC, Clemson
    Manassas - UVA, VT
    Antietam - Maryland
    Gettysburg - PSU, Pitt
    Others - Tennessee, Arkansas, Texas, North Carolina, Florida, Georgia, Kansas, Missouri, Indiana

Not a whole lot of the battle areas where in the north, mostly in the south. Sorry, trying to do a little association here. Trying to pick some schools and maybe develop a plan of attack for realignment

Mike

13. bcduggan

bcduggan Walk On

Well said

14. thievaryx

thievaryx Walk On

Frisk said quite a few users were complaining about advances, but when you have that many user games setup week in and week out its bound to happen.

The idea Frisk presented is fun, yet the uniqueness of CW will be lost to a certain extent. This is a bloodbath league where necessarily some users will have very poor seasons.

In sum, either we live with the slow advances and keep it like it is...or we realign. I am happy both ways and sticking with the league, so I'll leave that decision to the others.

15. Emmdotfrisk

H22 as far as battles go I thought of an idea, your going to like it...we will talk about it tonight

16. Emmdotfrisk

Thanks t, I appreciate your opinion. This is a huge step for this od. Some of you know I am a very organized and cautious person so a jump like this is a big deal. I want to be 100% certain this will better our league.

17. T2

T2 Smarter than your average bear!

stay the course frisk...

18. Emmdotfrisk

haha thanks T

19. tuco418

tuco418 Older and wiser than you

Here you go

[​IMG]

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.