****IMPORTANT**** READ!

Discussion in 'Thread Archive' started by bigox1337, Mar 1, 2010.

1. bigox1337

bigox1337 Walk On

****IMPORTANT**** READ!

Major bug in the PS3 operating system as many of you know, leap year has been programmed in the OS and not into the system clock so the dates are wrong and you get error overload.

SONY HAS ADVISED IF WE ARE AFFECTED BY THIS BUG, DO NOT TURN ON THE PLAYSTATION 3 FOR THE NEXT 24 HOURS DUE TO THE POSSIBLE OF SYSTEM CRASHING ERRORS.

To know if you are affected by this bug like me, check your serial number and if it ends with the "affected codes" do not turn it on!

CECHA01 - affected
    CECHE01 - affected
    CECHG01 - affected
    CECHH01 - affected
    CECHK01 - affected
    CECHL01 - not affected
    CECHP01 - not affected

sony has dianosed the bug and will update/upload a patch/fix in the next 24 hours to will fix the problem. On the other hand, this may be the death of the PS3 as a Vast majority of "fat" owners might get their PS3 recalled.

2. bigox1337

bigox1337 Walk On

oh yeah, to the best of my knowledge, this is only affected the "fat" ps3's. The newer slim version is not affected.

3. tankwillis

tankwillis Walk On

uhhhh - i can't log onto PS3 network all day. is that related to this. have not had chance to check serial number yet.

4. bigox1337

bigox1337 Walk On

From mtv.com of all sites, funny they seemed to have the most updated explanation. Gonna dig around some more but heres the cut/paste.

As I reported earlier today, PS3s around the globe are having serious problems, and it seems Sony has figured out the issue and will issue a fix in the next 24 hours. Here are some of the symptoms to determine if you're stricken with the bug, which apparently is due to some internal clock issues:

The date of the PS3 system may be re-set to Jan 1, 2000.

When the user tries to sign in to the PlayStation Network, the following
    message appears on the screen; "An error has occurred. You have been
    signed out of PlayStation Network (8001050F)".

When the user tries to launch a game, the following error message appears
    on the screen and the trophy data may disappear; "Failed to install
    trophies. Please exit your game."

When the user tries to set the time and date of the system via the
    Internet, the following message appears on the screen; "The current date
    and time could not be obtained. (8001050F)"

Users are not able to play back certain rental video downloaded from the
    PlayStation Store before the expiration date.

Important to note that PS3 Slims are immune to the bug, so no need to fret if that's your set-up. For everyone else with a PS3 Fat, Sony is recommending that users not turn the system on until the issue is fixed, as it may cause more problems to arise. They've stated that a fix is coming in the next 24 hours.

5. bigox1337

bigox1337 Walk On

more than likely yes, it sucks

6. bigox1337

bigox1337 Walk On

WTF is this... Playstation360

I bought a PS3 to get away from stupid errors and RRODs of my first THREE xbox360s

[​IMG]

7. tankwillis

tankwillis Walk On

My only other question is WTF are you doing on MTV.com.

8. bigox1337

bigox1337 Walk On

lol, i just googled "ps3 issues" and it had been posted/updated only a couple of hours ago and the rest where from yesterday or this morning so i went there first...

First time ive ever went to mtv.com...... but i have to say one of my favorite channels on digital cable is the mtv channels. Rob and big, MTVjams, nitro circus, got some really funny shows on there.

One show i watched the other week was like "best of.... pranks" and some dude took his roommates phone, wrapped it in saran wrap and then froze it in a block of ice... when his alarm on his phone went off then next morning.... classic!

9. bigmandy54

bigmandy54 mac54

this shit sucks

10. tankwillis

tankwillis Walk On

Do you ever post anything that is not a complaint.

Go police the game results thread.

11. bigox1337

bigox1337 Walk On

indeed, talked to walmart, they gave me some BS PC answer and also said "any sony recall supersedes any third party warranty i may have purchased." so we will basically have to ship it to sony or buy a new PS3 if its as bad as we are praying it isnt.

i thought microsoft was just the odd man out trying to push the under-developed and tested system to beat sony to the shelves, but sony is slowing creeping up as a close second for biggest douche bag company in the world.

I once heard that sony used a "third party surge connector" as a reason to void warranty
    stating that the system itself has a surge protector in the power brick and using another surge protector causes enough power fluctuation to essentially destroy to OS. Thats the biggest load of crap ive EVER heard. EVERYONE KNOWS TO PROTECT ANY ELECTRONIC, YOU NEED TO PLUG IT INTO A SURGE PROTECTOR! thats not even how a surge protector works... its basically a circuit breaker inside a power strip, too much electricity will pop the breaker and it will cut the power...

Re-fucking-deliculos

12. TRudethaDude

TRudethaDude Walk On

lets all calm down here. SONY AND PS3 to me are very reliable. this is a worldwide issue so it will be fixed pronto. actually as i post this the problem is already fixed. on with the offseason and lets just stop freaking out jerry maguire style.