(IMPORTANT!) Teams that didn't get to 53 players .. .

Discussion in 'Thread Archive' started by Big D, Feb 7, 2010.

1. Big D

Big D Walk On

(IMPORTANT!) Teams that didn't get to 53 players .. .

What are we going to do about teams that WEREN'T at 53 players and under the cap but still played their week 2 game?

I know I worked extra extra hard at this, as this was a very specific rule for or league.

I know I seem like I'm 'The Hammer' here in the board sometimes, requesting some stiff penalties. . .but seriously isn't this a pretty severe offense????

Here are the teams that currently have played their Week 2 Games without getting to the cap number.
    ----------------------------------------------------------------------

-Patriots (only at 51 players)
    -Browns (only at 52 players)
    -Cardinas (didn't sign the player until after their game I don't believe)
    -Seahawks (51 players)

----------------------------------------------------------------------

Here would by my (very fair!) suggestion for the penalty to these owners for this offense. They aren't allowed to play their week 3 game. They have their team set to CPU. No ifs, ands, or buts about it.

I will continue to update this list if most teams need to be added.

I think this is fair. It shows we are enforcing one of our big rules, it rewards those teams who worked to follow the rules and get to the right cap numbers, and it doesn't overly punish anybody.

I think we should do this to these teams. I DO NOT think we should let this go unpunised. (I am VERY disappointed in our returning owners Gaddy and Moogle especially. . .they've known the rules for 2 seasons now!)

Thoughts????

2. Big D

Big D Walk On

For the above, the penalty I suggested I mean they only get set to CPU for 1 week. Not forever or booted. Re-read it and thought that might sound confusing.

3. Winuvas

Winuvas OMFL Jets

Well, it honestly depends upon the clarification of the rule. I am honestly not very sure if you have to be at 53 players before week 2 ends, or if you have to be at 53 players before you play your week 2 game.

If it's before the week 2 game, I think what you suggest (a one game suspension, of sorts) is completely fair. The rules have been in place now since we started. It's in black and white. I even stated it in my "teams not at 53 players" thread in the team front office area.

If it's before week 2 ends, however, it's a totally different ball of wax. The penalty can still apply from above, but we'd have to keep monitoring it as we go.

I know some teams have expressed concern about getting to 53 players before the game, so apparently my message hit home. To others, though...

I interpret the rule as "before you play week 2 game, be at 53 players". Clarification would be needed though.

4. natedawg212000

natedawg212000 New Orleans Saints

we are going to hand out warnings and threaten them if they aren't at 53 by week 3 they get booted. No one, and i mean no one is here to play the cpu. It punishes two guys at once.

5. natedawg212000

those teams got warnings. Let me know who else needs them. I also gave out a warning to the chiefs. I got on these guys pretty hard.

6. natedawg212000

This is what I sent them

7. Winuvas

Winuvas OMFL Jets

Perfectly reasonable. Sounds like a fair but stern warning.

8. natedawg212000

I sent a warning to Texans about Birk. Let me know who, if any, I need to do this too other than those who I have sent one too.

9. Winuvas

Winuvas OMFL Jets

I haven't seen any other ones. To be fair though I haven't taken the time to look. I'll try to do so Monday as I am off.

10. natedawg212000

sweet! about being off that is... I've gotta get to bed because I've gotta prepare in the morning. I'll probably be off most of the day if not all of the day tomorrow.