Importing NCAA Rosters for Draft Conversation

Discussion in 'Quality Simulation Football' started by LLCoolGrey, Aug 27, 2013.

1. LLCoolGrey

LLCoolGrey Walk On

I had a chance over the last couple of days to check out the ncaa draft class import feature. Several flaws. There are no gems available. It's more of a top to bottom style draft, bonus is we know the players in the draft which is amazing.

I'm a die hard Michigan fan so seeing Gardener, Lewan and Gallon all draftable was sick.

The other bad thing - well at least drafting against the cpu. There are tons of highly rated QBs, and like 7 QBs went in the first round lol I know it would be much different since we're all human controlled.

What is the leagues thoughts on how draft classes will be approached? I also heard they changed the premade draft stories and classes this year so there would be a random for late gems. Any truth to this?

• Like Like x 1
  2. redlishus

redlishus PMFL Staff - El Guesser

This will all be addressed once Jim and Michael have had a chance to play around with CFM. You will be amazed by their thoroughness. All in due time, LL.

• Like Like x 5
  3. thafuture3886

thafuture3886 Power Rankings Analyst

I personally would like to use the current rookies that are in the game. I enjoy following the storylines and taking those out and importing ncaa draft rosters takes a big part of the CF out. Not to mention, by year 3 or 4 we're gonna be drafting guys we don't know anyway so i say stick with the CF generated rookies and storylines.

However, if the decision is to import of course I'll be fine with it.

• Like Like x 8
  4. LLCoolGrey

LLCoolGrey Walk On

Yea just giving my feedback so far - interested to hear what you guys think of it.

• Like Like x 1
  5. Warhawk AKA dreadman

Warhawk AKA dreadman Walk On

especially since we play a season.. then sim a season.... I think our best bet would be the CF generated rookies and storylines..... but whatever is cool with me.....if we werent simming seasons, then maybe importing would be the best option

• Like Like x 4
  6. PepperNY

PepperNY Fear the Spear

I say lets stay with madden generated rookies. Don't want importing something to our franchise to cause issues and force us to restart like last year

• Like Like x 6
  7. LLCoolGrey

LLCoolGrey Walk On

crap i forgot we simmed every other season - what was the reasoning behind that again?

8. LtJustice

LtJustice QSF Commissioner

I am just going to quote Doug here, he explained it very well:

• Like Like x 1
  9. LLCoolGrey

LLCoolGrey Walk On

Makes sense LtJustice my only question would be is the season simmed straight through, or are we allowed to practice and play owner during the season as its simmed.

10. LtJustice

LtJustice QSF Commissioner

The owner mode adds a new wrinkle to it that we haven't had to deal with in the past. We will have to do some testing to determine if simming straight through, which would be preferable, is detrimental to owner mode at all.

11. Miki1369

Miki1369 Walk On

what about doing the 1st couple of years with the import from NCAA feature, and after that since we wont know the name of the players coming out, just use the CF generated rookies...

I don't know if that could be done though...

• Like Like x 1
  12. klaximilian

klaximilian Walk On

As much as I'd like Jadeveon Clowney to be on the Jets next year, I'd much rather prefer the CC runs smoothly and doesn't get tripped up by some unexpected glitch.

• Like Like x 4
  13. Michael Overman

Michael Overman Walk On

Interesting...this had not occurred to me

I like brainstorming

14. CHUNKNESS

CHUNKNESS Commissioner Quality Simulation Football

Agreed. A test would need to be done to make sure it doesn't "break" the CFM. My other concern is that it would take away from the storylines. Not sure if those would return with the re-implementation of the game generated classes. Also, my concern would be that there possibly could be a redundancy of position players if we were to import and then change back to game generated classes.

• Like Like x 2
  15. ThaBayouChef

ThaBayouChef Walk On

I think most of us are in favor of using the CFM mode of draftees and skipping the NCAA transfer anyways. At least that's what it sounds like. May not even need to have a discussion about it!

• Like Like x 1
  16. CHUNKNESS

Don't assume. My guess is only 1/4 of the league has made its opinion known.

• Like Like x 3
  17. guitarDADDY1208

guitarDADDY1208 Walk On

Think of it this way after the 4th season we'd have randomly generated players from NCAA too so we may as well just use Madden's draft class

• Like Like x 2
  18. CHUNKNESS

My position is that Jim and Michael should keep it easy for the league as a whole. Sure, it would be an awesome feature for us to be able to take advantage of. However, by importing draft classes, it will create a tremendous amount of work for the staff (and members) - not to mention, a potential for glitches and sync issues with the CFM in the future. By using the game generated classes, we know what we are going to get with the product. We were fine using them before and we'd be fine using them again. Let other leagues be the guinea pigs.

• Like Like x 6
  19. Easy Dez It

Easy Dez It Walk On

I have no opinion on this what ever the league sees as best fit is fine with me.

20. thafuture3886

thafuture3886 Power Rankings Analyst

somebody get ^^^^ this guy a :trophy:

Edit: That was meant for Doug lol

21. CaptMoe

CaptMoe Walk On

To avoid importing the NCAA class... :)

Jim, does playing in Owner mode allow you to control the players? On the initial setup screen it only shows player control under Coach mode...

22. LLCoolGrey

LLCoolGrey Walk On

CaptMoe Do you mean control the players as in play the games?

23. guitarDADDY1208

guitarDADDY1208 Walk On

Yes it's just like coach mode you just have extra owners stuff to do

24. LLCoolGrey

LLCoolGrey Walk On

You do everything you do as a coach plus set prices and make money and answer media questions

• Like Like x 1
  25. CSteud

CSteud Walk On

I say we just go with the CF generated rosters. It would be nice to draft an actual player to the team but its not worth the potential headache that importing rosters could cause. Also, the storylines were a great addition last cycle and it would be a shame to lose those.

• Like Like x 3