Impressions of the Forza 3 Demo?

Discussion in 'Tradition Racing' started by Hellisan, Sep 27, 2009.

1. Hellisan

Hellisan Schemin 'em up

Impressions of the Forza 3 Demo?

Just curious what you guys think who have tried it. i'm not all that enthused, frankly. I know everything has a higher polygon count than before, but for some reason it looks kind of cheap nevertheless, and I hate how when the cars hit, they "spark" everywhere. That just looks stupid as fuck.

And I go straight in and put it on the hardest level and the cpu drivers are completely idiotic. It's like they don't even know the track. In forza I'm really only interested in racing other people anyway, but it doesn't look like they made any progress in terms of the AI drivers.

A little worried fellas, tell me I'm crazy... (y)

2. Colemanchu

Colemanchu GOAT SPLITTER

Its a demo, get mario kart for the super nintendo.

3. jms493

jms493 Veteran Member

i never put too much stock into demos. I thought the cars handled great....real nice attachment to the road. I could care less about Driver AI...its all about online racing/tuning/painting. I just ran hotlaps against ghosts...the other drivers just get in the way. Another thing is I think that track is so blah....not a good representation for a demo....Should have put a more visually appealing track....but its only a demo.

Personally I loved it....the cars look great and I cant wait to paint and customize my own cars.

this demo looks like an old build....probably the one that has been around a long time.

I have played demos and have the game turn out to be way different.

Not sure why you are worried helli.......it will be Forza 2 all juiced up. I am not expecting too much in change....I do love the menus, very clean.

4. Hellisan

Hellisan Schemin 'em up

Cute man.

Well i explained some of it in my first post, I'm sure you read that.

Other reasons I'm worried is like... Are they gonna show us the same stupid "front of the car driving to the starting line" shit every fucking time, then give us 1/4 of a second to calibrate our RPM's... Even in a drag race, for instance, where the launch is paramount?

A lot of the Forza 2 heads are bashing this thing.

The engines don't sound like the car is straining at all. With that being a MAJOR weakness of Forza 2 (look at any in-cockpit racing vid on youtube for an example of what it should sound like) I can't believe they didn't redo that. It sounds like ass.

One thing I will give you is that this is a horrible, horrible track. .

I mean... not every race car sounds the same but here's an example of one...

[youtube]eSJ-HzNWJGM[/youtube]

IS that even REMOTELY what the cars in this game sound like? I mean I know I loved Forza 2 and it was shit in that dept. so maybe this will be the same but please...

5. MorsDraconis

MorsDraconis Walk On

All I know is, I'm REALLY glad that they don't sound like that car. That's fuckin' ear piercing...

6. jms493

jms493 Veteran Member

yeah wtf is with that car.......thats insane. Yeah the sounds in forza is blah.

7. MaxATX34

MaxATX34 Texas Football

That was the transmission right?

8. Hellisan

Hellisan Schemin 'em up

Yeah depending on the transmission/engine setup the primary sound heard in the cockpit will be the transmission, the turbo spool, or both.

9. Colemanchu

Colemanchu GOAT SPLITTER

I guess my point was it's a demo. Most games dont go from great to garbage, and I dont care what you say Super Mario Kart was revolutionary.

10. Hellisan

Hellisan Schemin 'em up

I could tell that Dirt 1 wasn't my type of game from the demo which I confirmed later. Dirt 2 I loved the Demo that's what made me buy it, and I love it. Some things could be different but the general feel typically remains the same.

11. Colemanchu

Colemanchu GOAT SPLITTER

Yeah I hear you. After playing the demo of NCAA if I wasnt a member of this site I probably wouldnt have gotten it. I liked the Madden demo and the game is a drag. What can you do?

12. MaxATX34

MaxATX34 Texas Football

It has gotten a lot of hype, so it may be your expectations were set a little high. To me it looks like it will be a lot of fun to unlock all the cars and race against people online.

As far as the feel... lol call me ignorant but it feels like every "racing sim" that has ever came out since Gran Turismo.

13. jms493

jms493 Veteran Member

The Demo is boring but the game will be awesome! Cya at the end of October

14. BlyGilmore

BlyGilmore It's All In The Hips!

honestly, demos are pretty useless. IMO called them demos is almost a misnomer. demos used to be THE game you were buying in some smaller chunk.

demos nowadays seem to have almost no relationship to the game you are going to buy. they really are just a marketing tool to generate buzz around a game and get people talking about it ahead of the actual release.