Impressions of your team so far?

Discussion in 'The Dirty Dozen' started by IrishBearcat, Aug 18, 2011.

1. IrishBearcat

IrishBearcat tFC OD Commissioner

We've been ballin with our teams for a few weeks, what do you think of your roster and the identity of your team?

I like my running backs, I see some potential with my roster (at least within the conference lmao) of getting some production offensively. There are a lot of things that need to be done to shore up the roster, specifically both lines.

My quarterback is giving me a headache most games. He's really inaccurate, but from what I gather most of us have really really bad qbs.

I'm hoping to turn EMU into a pro-style offense that can run AND pass. With my qb, we're pounding the shit out of the football and are happy if we don't turn it over and are able to punt.

How about your team?

2. Bl0ndeRedHead

Bl0ndeRedHead Official TSO Pothead

My QB sucks, my receivers can't catch shit.

3. Full Moon Fever

Full Moon Fever Champion of Standards

We suck overall and we are very slow but there are a few bright spots. I like their names. Rhodes is a good name for my halfback. He's only 88 speed but he's serviceable and the lack of speed seems to give me more time to see where holes are opening up. Wideout Rucker isnt real fast and doesn't have great hands but he's 6'5 and has come through when I needed him to so far. My quarterback has been playing pretty well actually. He's slow but he seems pretty accurate. My tight end has been very valuable to me. I don't have the offensive team speed to get into shootouts, but in this year's version you don't have to. I've been able to play mostly turnover free ball and can't complain too much. My defense is slow but has made some plays when it counted. With offensive points harder to come by I'm having to pay a lot more attention to the D this year. I'm pretty happy with them but wish we were a little faster as there have been times when a short gain turned into a 50 harder because a fast hb was able to outrun my entire team. My team feels very blue collar this year.

4. JQwon13

JQwon13 Walk On

Fuck my team

5. johngalt11

johngalt11 Walk On

My defense is playing good, not sure if it is because I have had 3 cpu games or because they are good. I don't really like my offense at all. My RB has been ok at times but Blonde shot him down. WR's suck... QB is not good either. My punter is ok...

6. Full Moon Fever

He's channeling his inner Kevin Jefferson.

• Like Like x 2
  7. DirtycashDylan

DirtycashDylan I came here to scheme and chew bubblegum...

QB and RB are studs even though I feel dirty saying their names-Spencer Kieth and Quiz Terry respectively-since they feel so Qwon-ey.

but I can't run the ball for shit so Quiz is kinda wasted. However, Kieth is the real deal and can even escape pressure.

My WRs are serviceable and large and, girl, you know I'm a size queen.

my Dline is nasty and the strength of my team. I have an 80 ovr SO DE and the other DE, Stalker (what a name), IIRC is in the top 5 in the nation in sacks currently.

LBers are serviceable and set up well for the future

CBs are above average, Ss suck.

8. Full Moon Fever

I played a scrimmage against DCD with our teams and he just took me to the woodshed. DCD's gonna be this year's Nik.

9. hammerhead1010

hammerhead1010 Walk On

I really like my team actually. Nobody really jumps out at you, but everybody is serviceable. Only problem is if I don't get some players in here though the little talent on the team will be gone in two years. SR QB Christian has played well, 81/75 THP/THA with 72 speed to escape some pressure. HB Kenny Turner is a good spread style back who is fun to use in this offense. The WR corps is nothing special but there is a 90 SPD true FR in my number 3 spot who might be the #1 for the next few years after this class graduates. Defensively we are an upperclassmen heavy squad with the FS Coleman, OLB Adolopho, and DE Savage being the bring spots. Savage had 3 sacks last game against Qwon.

Only problem is there are a lot of seniors and juniors on this squad. Have to start finding replacements and build for the future, and FAST!

10. CoachRedd

CoachRedd I come through in something real foolish

My impression is that its hard to turn a spread team into an option team.

11. Full Moon Fever

Not that hard in video game world. Just recruit what you need.

12. DirtycashDylan

DirtycashDylan I came here to scheme and chew bubblegum...

I appreciate that but don't forget you blew me out in the Harvard Yale game.

Sometimes, it clicks for me this year and other times, nothing seems to go right. I just had to scratch and claw to come back and beat Galt by 1 at home.

13. Full Moon Fever

Hopefully you're hot streak is over ;)

14. Full Moon Fever

I know what you mean about it clicking or not. In my offline dynasty, I thought I had finally gotten it down and had won three games in a row, and then Colorado State just punks me 41-7 in the Armed Forces Bowl.

Side note: Coaching Carousel is pretty frickin sweet.

15. Steamer43

Steamer43 Cleveland Steamer

My running back is a beast. I have 3 reliable WR and they each play their role well. My defense has been frustrating at times but has their bright spots. I'm making a change at QB this week. The 2 qbs are pretty closely rated but I noticed in practice mode that the 6'0'' senior was an impact player. Turned out he wasn't actually an impact player but it was a glitch, but he played decent enough so kept him in there. But I'm going to move over to my junior who is 6'3'' who gives me a slight accuracy boost- Plus I feel dirty playing a 6 foot nothing QB in the pro offense.