Impressions

Discussion in 'Thread Archive' started by MurkYa21, Jul 13, 2010.

1. MurkYa21

MurkYa21 Walk On

Impressions

I'll get all the OD things figured out in the next few days, so be patient..

What are everyone's thought on the new game?

-will report back once I get it

2. MurkYa21

MurkYa21 Walk On

None? I still don't have the game haha :(

3. Mogriffjr

Mogriffjr Walk On

Featured Threads:
    Here's a few

- There's almost no way to cover the 2-3-4 routes with your MLB/S anymore...the momentum and locomotion makes it almost impossible. Unless you have guys with insane agility (around 92+) it's not gonna work.

- Defenders are more apt to knock the ball down/out of the hands of the WR's if it's close...saw quite a few drops by the WR's.

- Agility will be huge in this game. Take WR Sanu from Rutgers...I was able to slither and move much better than anyone else I've tried and he just has 94. Anyone else, it takes them quite a bit for them to change direction etc. Power backs and the like it's tough for them to move laterally while a quicker guy, it's easier.

- The camera moves kinda in the distance or stays far away while going down the sidelines, may make for tougher angles to tackle down that way it seems.

- the quick drop throws (1-2 steps) will make for overthrows/ and the like...that maybe knocked out of the game it seems.

- KR, it seems like the coverage gets downfield too quickly but I wanna see more of it.

that's all i have for now!

4. HotRod

HotRod You ain't bout dat life!

Featured Threads:
    Well from playing a couple games last night here's my impressions.

First of all the game is BEAUTIFUL. New animations. Physics feel great, feels way more fluid than '10.

Coverage on defense has improved a lot. That was pleasant to see.

Blocking as a whole is great. This has already been discussed at nauseum but I really feel like I can see the plays develop much better on run plays.

Still getting my feel for passing. The one route that feels useless is the deep outside curl. That shit just doesn't work/takes way too long to develop.

That's all I have for now, only got to play for a little bit as it was late and I had to be at work. Best believe I will be playing once I get home today.

5. MurkYa21

MurkYa21 Walk On

Thanks guys..I should be getting it soon..

Are you talking about the comeback Hotrod? That pisses me off because my schools runs the hell out of them and its a great route (unless I jump it ;) )

6. HotRod

HotRod You ain't bout dat life!

Featured Threads:
    Yeah, that's what I meant. As a guy who loves passing it irks me it doesn't work.

7. Jman

Jman It's a Flying Circus!

Great route. Hardest route to teach a young reciever too, get one that it clicks with though and watch the hell out.

8. mcyork

mcyork Walk On

Like the game a whole lot. things that I have noticed so far in 4 games 2 Dynasty 2 ranked (dynasty AU vs Arkansas ST and UM vs 1AA , AA 7 min qtrs)(ranked UM vs South Carolina and AU vs LSU) 4-0 in this stretch.

offense AA default settings 7 min QTRS

Turnovers.
    Fumbles 9 in 4 games by me 6 by computer and online users seems high
    INT's 2 so far both to online users by me 4 by online none by cpu
    Passing seems easier when you have man coverage. There seems to be huge holes in the 4-3 zone LB don't react well to slot recievers. CPU runs a lot of 4-3.
    Running is fantastic. I love the way the computer shows you the blocking assignments before the ball is snapped huge advantage for the offense. You can bring a man in motion, wait for him to set and the CPU adjusts the blocking accordingly. Have had huge running games so far over 100 yards in ranked games over 200 in dynasty mode. Oline does not give you a ton of time for routes that take time to develop such as comebacks and double moves. 1AA team had 6 sacks on me with my LT and RT both rated in the high 80's and their DE rated in the high 60's. I agree with Hotrod the animations are sweet. The RB stretches for extra yards falls and turns his body. The WR's reach back for catches and after catching the ball have to turn their bodys around it seems like you feel them regaining their balance. I have to stop pulling the RT button its a habit. On kickoffs you really have no momentum once you take in the kick it takes a while for your speed to get up to top levels I think this is really neat. The RB's get really tired real quick. So do running QB's Cameron Newton had two runs in a row in my ranked game both for no more than 5 yards and he was yellow for the rest of the drive yet Jacory Harris got sacked twice in a row and he never left green?
    Defense
    I didn't register that many tackles in both my dynasty games. In 7 min qtrs last year I would have 1-2 guys with 8 or 9 tackles 5 with 4-5 and a bunch with 2-3 in 4 games so far I have one guy with 6 tackles. This is my favorite stat in football thats why I pay attention to it. I like the addition of assisted tackles but they would not add up correctly in the game stats screen. The defensive line was dominant in all the games I played. I used the DE and DT and had 5-6 user sacks. I would swim move the OL and run the QB into the ground. I used the DL 30% of the time most of the time I used the FS S and found that he does not cover as much ground as last year but when you bring him up for run defense he helps a ton. He is usually not accounted for in the offenses blocking scheme for the Oline TE and FB so he is usually 1-1 with the RB make the right move and you have a tackle for a loss but as I found out if he PA passes you have 1 on 1 coverage with no one over the top and this is a huge advantage for the WR.

Over all I think this game kicks last years ass. I think sliders are going to be the biggest hurdle for us this year. There are sooooo many this should be our main priority in the coming week. Might get a game or two in tonight we'll see.

9. Jman

Jman It's a Flying Circus!

I personally think it blows 10 out of the water. I and the other assistant coaches played a few games on break and wow. I'm digging it.

And I LOVE the way recruiting is done now.

10. MaxATX34

MaxATX34 Texas Football

for what its worth Ive been able to hit the deep comebacks. (fun route to run/defend irl)

man coverage is much better this year.

running the ball seems very easy.

I effing love the juke stick now. that is so much fun

passing is different though. definitely not the same as 10.

I love the possibilities though. There should be some epic highlights from this year.

This may just be me, but it feels a bit 09-esque in that offense has the upperhand over the defense.

11. mcyork

mcyork Walk On

Also I think that the play clock is faster this year. I don't think I get in nearly as many plays as I did last year on 7 min qtrs.