Impressions?

Discussion in 'The Dirty Dozen' started by hammerhead1010, Jul 12, 2011.

1. hammerhead1010

hammerhead1010 Walk On

To all you guys that picked it up @ midnight, thoughts? Compared to last year? To the demo? I'm stuck @ work sitting with a patient for 12 hrs (but luckily brought my atlas shrugged book John galt) and would like to hear about it.

2. CoachRedd

CoachRedd I come through in something real foolish

zone defense is tough. running the ball is alot easier than throwing the ball. for defense, i love zone 6. With the improved zone defense.. .its going to force alot of these air raid guys who chuck it around in our dynasty to balance out the offense a little. Oh, and the fleXbox One triple option works better than it ever has.

3. DirtycashDylan

DirtycashDylan I came here to scheme and chew bubblegum...

Dunno, haven't played it yet. That's how rad I am, pick up a game at midnight only to not play it til the following day.

4. Bl0ndeRedHead

Bl0ndeRedHead Official TSO Pothead

I picked it up around 1245 last night at Wal-Mart and was the first person to buy it (according to the cashier). I think the game runs a lot smoother and is much more fluid than the demo, the biggest thing to me so far is the tackling, it's mindblowing.

5. nikpin

nikpin Universitas Brunensis

I should have it at home waiting for me after work today.

6. Full Moon Fever

Full Moon Fever Champion of Standards

Every car that drives by I think is the UPS guy. FML.

7. nikpin

nikpin Universitas Brunensis

Listen for the Diesel!

8. Steamer43

Steamer43 Cleveland Steamer

The gameplay is much smoother. The passing game is also a lot harder and money plays are going to be short to come by IMO. Also I've downloaded and checked out most of the IVY schools I made and they came out pretty good. I'll touch them up some before we launch though.

9. Bl0ndeRedHead

Yeah I downloaded my Penn TB and was dreadfully disappointed. The helmet logo is twice as big in the game as online, and the text on the front of the jersey is microscopic in game, as opposed to the website.

10. Steamer43

haha ya not everything translates over correctly from the website. I know there's some things I'm going to have to touch up as well.

11. Full Moon Fever

I just about splooged myself. Playing a rain game and my qb took his drop and slipped when he tried to pull up. Put a hand down to balance and then got back up....I'm going to get a highlight of that. Freaking sweet if it doesn't happen all the time.

12. Full Moon Fever

• Like Like x 2
  13. DirtycashDylan

Just beat JKyle 16-10. Diggin the D.

14. jkyle5

jkyle5 Walk On

Yah..........its alright. If the Houston DB's could catch, the last 6 seconds would've been better.

15. hammerhead1010

hammerhead1010 Walk On

Dude... that was too cool!

16. Full Moon Fever

I love this game. I lost an unranked game last night 10-7 on a last second field goal. Great game. I've really enjoyed the handful of games I've played online. Playing with Tech I beat Miami, Arkansas, and Auburn, and lost by a fg to Ole Miss. Only two that weren't close were my raping of Auburn and a guy with BYU just took me to the woodshed 48-13. Love this game so far.

17. hammerhead1010

hammerhead1010 Walk On

Mine better be in when I get back.

18. DirtycashDylan

I hate it.

I just played an unranked game (won) and a ranked game (lost 35-26) and it pisses me off that I don't know how anything works; that balls bounce off of Ryan Broyles' helmet, that my opponent breaks tackles on the reg but I never do, that they're already running some kind of cheese of moving their LBers around before the snap and coming right up the middle untouched, that draws don't seem to be working all the sudden, that Landry Jones' deep ball hangs as if he played for Western Kentucky, etc.

19. Full Moon Fever

F ranked games. People in ranked games do anything to win. I had an extra point blocked and it was legit. Came opposite the side of the user. I've had some success with the draw but is not gong to be my bread and butter run play like it was last year. Screens aren't nearly as effective for me, but i probably just need to figure them out a little more with regards to timing.

20. Bl0ndeRedHead

Quit your bitchin

21. Steamer43

I like that it seems a lot more defensive. I'm able to get a good feel for most opponents offenses and shut them down in the second half. My offense isn't so great though; mostly the only ranked games I've lost were cheezers that put up enough points in the first half that I couldn't catch up after I figured out how to stop it. Seems like its going to be a lot more strategic overall than 11.

22. Bl0ndeRedHead

I personally love it. No more 72-67 games with Snoopy

23. Full Moon Fever

No crap. I've lost a game 10-7. I beat a guy with Florida State 18-10. I've had some 30-40 games too, but it's not like every game is a track meet and I don't get a sick feeling in my stomach when I score to go ahead with more than 25 seconds left.

24. Steamer43

Ya I won a game 10-7 in OT with Fresno State vs Virginia online. I've had a couple games I held the person to 10 or less. On the leaderboards it shows your average score, last time I checked mine was like 17-16 or something.

25. jkyle5

jkyle5 Walk On

Seems a lot more like real football. So far LOVE it. Haven't come up against to many cheezers. Don't think that will be as much of an issue with 12'.