impressions...

Discussion in 'The Tradition' started by jms493, Jul 13, 2011.

1. jms493

jms493 Veteran Member

So I practiced for about 90 mins and played 1 6-minute quarter game.

The game really looks re-skinned for 2012. Very similiar to 2011.

• They fucked with the play call screen again...but i like this one better. It will take a while to get used to it.
    • The game is lifeless still. Crowd is like a bunch of crayons in the stands. There is just no life besides the players on the field. I miss Corso still....i will be turning off the commentating soon.
    • Why does my controller rumble after I call a play on offense?
    • I like the game play. It is smoother and just feels better and more organic.
    • Using the left stick to gain xtra yards after tackled seems to be toned down.
    • I like that mid 80s throwing accuracy is not elite anymore. The QB actually makes bad throws and good throws.
    • I like that when a WR gets hit hard .5 secs after catching a ball he will drop it 50% of the time (i guess CIT rating will mean more this year)
    • Speed could be more of a factor this year......
    • NO warping to ball on offense....the defense kind of can warp around.
    • Running is still easy....
    • Screens seems to be less effective.
    • The CPU is still is dumb as rocks on offense. 3rd and 8....I think I will run with a slow white QB....wtf?
    • Main thing is the game play feels good. I look forward to some fun games vs HotRod and Mogriffjr you mutherfuggers. I feel like these are the only guys I play recently.
    Anyway when do we start?

2. NYJuggalo45

NYJuggalo45 Walk On

I never even took the plastic off the game. Got home from work, it was still like 95 degrees with 100% humidity so I hoped directly in the pool. Got out and forgot last night was the MLB All Star Game (the only 1 I actually like) so said fuck it, watched that then passed out.

Will fire it up tonite and post my impressions, but you're review is WAY different than the TSO one. When I read that this morning, I was like Holy Fuck this game is gonna be amazing. After reading yours its more like Ok...well T1 should make the game good.

3. jms493

jms493 Veteran Member

Well we have played soo many gawd damned games of NCAA that it isnt that much different. I am only interested in the OD and playing guys from here. I wish the stadium atmosphere was better.....cause otherwise it is NCAA 2011.1

Game play is the biggest improvement and that is great as what we all really care about....but at the same time it is very similar to playing last years game.

4. NYJuggalo45

NYJuggalo45 Walk On

How can it be a big improvement and similar to last year? Either suction blocking, warp speed catches, etc are out or they are in. unless those are gone, but new irritating things are there

5. jms493

jms493 Veteran Member

just play it and you will see......it might feel really different to you since you haven't played NCAA in like 6 months....but I played like 2 weeks ago....i jumped right in just like it was NCAA 2011....but adjusted to tweaks they made.

I beat Penn State 28-14 with Ole Miss and held them to 14 yds of rushing and around 200 yards through the air. I missed to easy FGs too because I was rushing. Don't expect the CPU to be doing anything different this year IMO.

6. The Parrothead

The Parrothead Walk On

I'm with jms for the most part. That rumbling of my controller after I call a play is ridiculous. Are my players running into me to hurry and get to their spot on the line? GTFO of my way, chumps. I'm freaking QB1. haha

I do like how guys don't have stick-em on their hands when they catch the ball and get crushed simultaneously.

I've also noticed that I'm still the king of giving up the big play, as well as sprinting right past the play with my defender. It's quite hilarious.

• Like Like x 1
  7. NYJuggalo45

NYJuggalo45 Walk On

there any way to turn off vibrations?

8. jms493

jms493 Veteran Member

yes but I want the vibrations during the game....dont want to turn them off completely.

9. Blaza

Blaza In Arsene Wenger I Trust

Absolutely loving the game. Movement and animations feel so much better and realistic. I really get the feeling of 'touch' when passing the ball. It feels good to fit balls in between defenders, but at the same time when the defense is in zone, it really seems like the defenders are watching the QB's eyes and reacting to the WR routes.

Having a blast so far.

10. The Parrothead

The Parrothead Walk On

That is most definitely NOT what she said.

11. Mogriffjr

Mogriffjr Walk On

Featured Threads:
    I didn't notice the vibrations myself.

---Special teams will be a factor...you can return kicks! I haven't heard much about punts though but they look returnable as well.

---Passing is more about timing than ever. With the improved zones, you have to get the right timing to complete the pass. You can still beat the zones but more than ever, the defenders will get to those balls that are in their coverage. For example the defender will move around if it's close enough. At the same time the other user I played threw a seed right in between my defense and completed it.

---Guys with good stick skills will be good, this game you can move around a bit better than last years. I'll give more when i have time.

12. Blaza

You gotta stop playing with your controller on your balls bra...

13. BlyGilmore

BlyGilmore It's All In The Hips!

keep in mind JMS is a pessimistic bastard ...

14. Mogriffjr

Mogriffjr Walk On

Featured Threads:
    Btw I like how the game plays out of the box so far. I like the drops, passing and things so far but ima need some more time with it to be sure.

15. Hellisan

Hellisan Schemin 'em up

I still can't get my head around how you ignored the new game on release day then called ME m.i.a. in an email... lmfao... the gall of you people.

16. HotRod

HotRod You ain't bout dat life!

Featured Threads:
    Anybody feel better about defending 3rd and 20? LOL

• Like Like x 1
  17. Hellisan

Hellisan Schemin 'em up

I've banned the use of "ima" in this forum, didn't you get the memo?

• Like Like x 1
  18. The Parrothead

The Parrothead Walk On

ima sure he got it. He just needs to find some time to read it.

19. NYJuggalo45

NYJuggalo45 Walk On

ima stick with my original thought that youa werea M.I.A. simply cause ima sure you got the notification on youra phone that you had emails.

see what i did there

20. Hellisan

Hellisan Schemin 'em up

Good work.

LOL you know more than anybody that I ignore that thing about 3 out of 4 days.... The only emails I never, ever ignore are my work email... lol Them things get their own ringtone :)

21. HotRod

HotRod You ain't bout dat life!

Featured Threads:
    Does this game have fumbles? I've played 5 games and not one fumble occurred.

22. Mogriffjr

Mogriffjr Walk On

Featured Threads:
    yeah I had a fumble in my last game...RB was a impact type too...

23. DJ Rhude

DJ Rhude CAMAR'E

lol, yes definitely......in last year's game 3rd and 20 was more like 3rd and 1 lol

24. DJ Rhude

DJ Rhude CAMAR'E

This game is great btw.....having fun with it like I did with NCAA 2004

I love how the pass defense has improved, you're going to have to be on the money with your passes to beat a zone......DB's seem like prophets on man defense tho...SOB's run the routes better than my receivers at times

25. Blaza

Dante and Hellisan are always on the money.

Money plays that is...