Improving a School's Ranking

Discussion in 'NCAA Football' started by spliff616, Jul 26, 2010.

1. spliff616

spliff616 Walk On

Improving a School's Ranking

In regards to how your school ranks in certain categories for recruiting, I know some can be adjusted by play (i.e. - Championship Contender, Coach Prestige, etc). But are you able to improve some of the other ones, such as Campus Lifestyle or Athletic Facilities?

2. BlyGilmore

BlyGilmore It's All In The Hips!

not sure if anybody else tracked this last year, but here's what UNC did for me through three seasons ...

Recruiting Categories
    Category 2009 2010 2011
    Overall Prestige :4stars: :5stars: :5stars:
    Academic Prestige A+ A+ A+
    Campus Lifestyle A A A
    Coach Experience A A A
    Coach Prestige B+ B+ B+
    Conference Prestige A A A
    Championship Contender B B B+
    Athletic Facilities B+ A A
    Fan Base B B B+
    Pro Potential B B+ A
    Program Stability C+ A A
    Program Tradition B+ A A+
    Television Exposure B B+ B+

Athletic facilities did improve - which surprised me last year. I'm assuming its the same this year.

And I do believe everything can increase - and is likely some how tied to your star rating.

3. BDSDIGITAL

BDSDIGITAL One Time for your Mind

I could understand all of those except facilities. Pretty much everything else could be raised by simply winning alot I would think.

4. JFunk34

JFunk34 Friends may come and go, but enemies accumulate.

I have always noticed that academic prestige changes, usually negatively. I always wondered what made it change.

5. BDSDIGITAL

BDSDIGITAL One Time for your Mind

Yeah you're right. I don't know how you could change academic prestige and campus lifestyle ?? Interesting. I'd love to know the answer if anyone ever finds out for sure.

6. Korenth

Korenth Walk On

In years past, it was suggested that the awareness rating of your players afected the academic ranking of the school. Which is kind of sad since there are next to no recruits with decent awareness scores

7. JFunk34

JFunk34 Friends may come and go, but enemies accumulate.

Interesting. I am gonna have to look more into this.

8. lukeoverture

lukeoverture Walk On

I'm pretty sure Campus Lifestyle is improved by winning and becoming more prestigious, too. A winning program attracts more businesses, students, fun things, etc.

9. nikpin

nikpin Universitas Brunensis

I'm definitely going to have to track this. I've also always wondered why "Academic Prestige" seems to go down the better your team gets.

Someone stated the case for "Campus Lifestyle" improving and I'll add the same for facilities. As your team wins more your going to have more support come in for the program in the form of donations which in turn will allow facilities to be upgraded. Also as you win you are more likely to have players make it in the NFL and in turn give money back to the program to upgrade facilities.

10. Archie Griffin

Archie Griffin Walk On

Not sure, but I think taking jucos affects this negatively. Can't confirm that, but I think it's true.

11. DirtycashDylan

DirtycashDylan I came here to scheme and chew bubblegum...

and as you win more and gain a bigger fan base and your school starts to see more of a profit from the football program, your school's administration, unknowingly, won't be as focused on academics. Therefore, Academic Prestige drops.

Sure, why not?

12. RFLAGG080

RFLAGG080 Walk On

Has anybody had any luck raising this I really would like to see mine go up if at all possible.

13. King_CEPS_11

King_CEPS_11 Walk On

I have heard that the more players you have leave early for the draft the more your academic prestige drops. I don't know if it's true but I think it makes sense because the more players that leave early the fewer that graduate which looks bad on your school.

14. mcyork

mcyork Walk On

I have definatly seen my rating change depending on what school i compare it too. If I am an A academic prestige (AU) and I compare my academic to say Northwestern it drops to a B as they are i think an A+. Has anyone else seen this?

15. DreSmithJr

DreSmithJr It Be So EMPTY, WITHOUT ME...

hmm good question.... now i have to figure it out.. lol ... thanks alot

16. BlyGilmore

BlyGilmore It's All In The Hips!

I don't think grades change depending on competition. I mean your school is what it is. the only ones that move around recruit to recruit are proximity to home and early playing time.

I did have my pitches change as Stanford. They don't move until you advance to the preseason from the offseason (unlike your prestige which changes just before you advance to the offseason).

I had Athletic Facilities go from B to B+ and Pro Potential go from C+ to B.

Not really sure if what impact each category really matters. if you do your best to build a winning program all of this stuff is going work itself out.

17. MexiRican35

MexiRican35 ┬┐Te quieres naranjas?

TV exposure could be dependent on how many big games you play in yearly. If you play teams that are usually shown on national TV (i.e. USC, Notre Dame, Texas), your grade will then rise. Winning these games will then have your games be national televised, which raises the grade even more.

I think academic prestige drops because usually you have seniors starting. Seniors are usually the ones with the 90+ AWR. Once the year is over and the seniors graduate, your underclassmen, with lower AWR ratings, come in. Unless they got significant playing time the year before, their AWR wont be much higher, thus dropping your academic prestige rating.