In preparation for the 2012 rookie draft... (IMPORTANT)

Discussion in 'Thread Archive' started by CHUNKNESS, Jan 30, 2011.

1. CHUNKNESS

CHUNKNESS Commissioner Quality Simulation Football

Thanks to EVERYONE for getting your resignigns in so promptly! Eddie and I cannot stress enough how important it is for all of us to stick to the deadlines, so mad props to each of you! We intend to keep things moving along into the draft this season. As posted earlier, the draft is slated to commence on Monday, 1/31/11. Regardless of where we are at in the draft, Eddie and I have agreed that we can no longer wait an hour (or sometimes even longer) for individuals to make their draft selections with this season's draft. With that said, here is a checklist of what we need from everyone:

1) YIM
    2) TEXT #
    3) CELL # (IF DIFFERENT FROM TEXT #)
    4) PREFERENCE LIST

You may send the info to us via PM in the forum. Please do NOT send it via YIM as we do not always receive those messages. Not to mention it is easier for us to keep track of your info in the forum particularly when preference lists are involved.

We will be holding the draft in the forum as we have in the past. You may elect to post your selection in the forum or send it to Eddie or me via YIM if we are online and in contact with you. If you are not available when it is your turn to make a draft selection, we will contact you in the order of the checklist provided above. If we are unsuccessful at reaching you via those channels of communication and if we do not have a list of rookies in order of preference from you, we WILL select the next best player available for your pick. If you want us to select for you by taking the best player in position(s) of need, then let us know ahead of time what positions you are seeking and we will be more than happy to oblige. Anything to make the draft run smoothly and efficiently.

BE PREPARED WHEN IT IS YOUR TURN TO SELECT! Please. I cannot tell you how many times Eddie and I have been told "give me a minute" by owners who are "on the clock" during the draft only to wait 15 or even 30 minutes for their selection. If we had a dollar for every time we received that response, or one similar to it, we'd probably have some serious bank to show. So, if you are able, please attempt to be online and available to make your selection during the draft period. If you cannot, let us know and provide us with your intentions as best possible.

Any questions, post them here or shoot us a message. Your anticipated cooperation is appreciated. Start preparing and good luck!

2. dmass

dmass Walk On

The draft is scheduled to start on a Monday at what time? If this is going to be during the work day then I think it may be a little unrealistic to expect everyone to be available to participate. And if we are just going to draft off preference sheets then whats the sense of having a draft...only for those that have the convenience of being off Monday or available to be in front of the computer most of the day? It may not be a problem for me to be online even though I will be at work but I may be in the minority. it has been specified how long we will NOT wait for owners to pick but have we specificed how long each owner has to pick? In the past this has varied from pick to pick so I think a guideline needs to be determined on how long each person has so there is no gray area.

3. AveryB

AveryB Walk On

I have to agree with Dmass. I will be at work and have my phone with me but it will take more than a few minutes to firgure out who been pick and who do you want to pick next.

4. ferocious

ferocious Bring it

I have to agree also with these guys, Ill probably will not have a problem with this. But considering that some owners will out on the field or somewhere not close to the pc. It will take them a little longer to make their pick once contacted. And also its hard to do a list in the beguinning because just because u need a position it doesnt mean you will take that position when a better rated player is something you will actually would like. And actually I think that 15-30 min is actually going pretty quick, considering some other leagues takes hours for one pick.

5. klaximilian

klaximilian Walk On

I'll be at work, but I'll have my phone connected to YIM, and have the draft spreadsheet ready to rock and roll. I'll clear my schedule for this one....clearly this is more important than work.[​IMG]

6. Bradkaz96

Bradkaz96 Sim-Nation LSU Tigers

This!

I also have my phone connected to YIM, only issue is if i am driving somehere and cant reply

7. Hulk_hagen_55

Hulk_hagen_55 Hulkamaniac

we should definatly start the draft at 12:01 tonight guys!! start getting your picks ready

8. hoodiii

hoodiii Walk On

i agree

9. CHUNKNESS

CHUNKNESS Commissioner Quality Simulation Football

I had posted previously that the draft was scheduled to commence on Monday. However, with the free agent period ending earlier than expected, we were able to open up the forum draft tonight. Ironic that we stalled at your pick, Daryl. ;) If you guys want the selection parameters to be more specific, we're all ears... There are going to be flaws to any system. Those are always easy to point out. Please elaborate and let us know what you would suggest and perhaps we can implement those realistic ideas to make the draft that much more functional.

10. dmass

dmass Walk On

It figures that it would stall at the one owner complaining about the need for specific guidelines, huh. Sorry for the delay, I was sleeping in preparation for the workday (I hate Mondays).

Anyways, I would say during the work day that the draft moves as people are able to make picks. After the work that if we said a live draft will take place and owners would get 5 mins to make picks (rounds 1-2) and 3 mins (3-7) no exceptions then I believe the draft process would be more specific and should run smoothly.

11. thafuture3886

thafuture3886 Power Rankings Analyst

I like that

12. LtJustice

LtJustice QSF Commissioner

While I get what Daryl is trying to say, not everyone has the same "workday". And then we have people in different timezones as well. I don't think there is a perfect way to do it that would make everyone happy. I say whatever works for the main two guys that make this possible is just fine with me.

13. thaexistence

thaexistence Walk On

I don't have a pick until round four but I am ready to pick now ;)