In-season contract negotiations

Discussion in 'The Longest Yard' started by Ace847, Sep 29, 2012.

1. Ace847

Ace847 Walk On

Hey guys can anyone let me know if its ever possible throughout the year to propose a counter offer when a player rejects a contract? I have a few unsuccessful negotiations and now it just says unavailable but since they are on my team currently and think I should be able to continue to negotiate with them with counter offers especially because its early in the season.

2. CalebMackie

CalebMackie Easy like Sunday morning

The way CCM works (or at least what I have figured out from experience not 100% on this) is that if you get rejected for an offer the only way to offer him another contract is Free Agency time in the off season. Rejection doesn't mean they won't resign with you but more so that they are offended by an offer so much that they are going to make you pay higher than you should by testing free agency.

3. Kidofcrash23

Kidofcrash23 Walk On

shouldnt have low balled him :eek:

4. Ace847

Ace847 Walk On

Does this mean that everyone else will have a shot at them during the free agent draft before me?

5. CalebMackie

No the Free Agency is before the draft in the off season so everyone (including yourself) gets their fair shot at the player.

• Like Like x 1
  6. BirdDog1980

BirdDog1980 Walk On

I know in Offline CCMs, if your initial offer is at least in the ballpark, you'll have a chance to offer a second extension if they reject it. You'll get some message saying that it's "close, but not exactly what we're looking for, offer a better deal and I'll sign" or something along those lines. Usually if you kick in a smidge more on Bonus Money, that should be good enough.

But I have a question.. or an issue really, about my FA Draft pick, and the 2 yr deal thing.. My pick was FB Earnest Graham. I do not have any option to sign him to a 2nd year right now. If I go to the Re-Sign players list, he's not in there, and if I go to my Roster and try to do it in there, I only get the options to "Look at Players Stats, Release Player, or Add Player to Trade Block". He IS 32.. maybe he's going to retire?? I dunno. If all else fails, I'll sign him again in the offseason.

7. CalebMackie

You can't resign players in Madden like previous years, you sign them on their final year when they are "ready" to begin negotiating

8. AgenT Smith

AgenT Smith Walk On

Well if you sign a guy to a 1-year deal during the season (Pre or reg), they play that contract out. You can't negotiate. I think in the NFL, you rarely see a team sign a "guy off the street" to a multiyear contract anyway.

And yeah, that happened with me and Brian Urlacher. I kind of went lower than what he exactly wanted, so he kept basically asking for more. I just delegated it after my second offer because I was like, "I know where this is going..."

9. BlyGilmore

BlyGilmore It's All In The Hips!

there's no free agency draft. the game has built in free agency that's money and contract based.

• Like Like x 1
  10. Randiesel75

Randiesel75 Walk On

Anyone suffer rejected offers that make them nervous come this offseason?

11. RRAHx2

RRAHx2 Cleared for Takeoff

No not yet, but WR Emmanuel Sanders has been playing hardball with me for weeks.

12. Ace847

Ace847 Walk On

Yes, and I don't know why I'm telling you this because I don't want anyone else to snag em! I will not make a low ball offer again!

13. Ace847

Ace847 Walk On

And the thing about it was that it wasnt that much lower of an offer.....And he didn't even give me a second chance! It was a steep learning curve in the negotiation process for Coach Ski. Hopefully I can make it happen in the off-season.

14. recchem2000

recchem2000 UCLA > WSU

Some scrub DB wont take the 1.3 million per year im offering. He can hit the road!

15. CWT 3000

CWT 3000 Walk On

I think a lot of it has to do with the type of coach you selected in the begining. I selected motivator and I am having success with signing guys for low contracts prices.

• Like Like x 1