In Season Re-signings

Discussion in 'TMFL' started by Ace847, Sep 17, 2015.

1. Ace847

Ace847 Walk On

Hello league,

I would refrain from trying to sign anyone until Kidofcrash23 and I can test an issue that was brought up in the game changers radio podcast this week... More to come but thought i'd get this out to you as a heads up.

Last edited: Sep 18, 2015
    • Like Like x 1
  2. Ace847

Ace847 Walk On

3. bawvu97

bawvu97 Let's Goooooo Mountaineers

Featured Threads:
    What's the alleged issue

4. Ace847

Ace847 Walk On

At work, so can't elaborate here. check group me for initial discussion and or listen to the podcast. More to come.

5. Kidofcrash23

Kidofcrash23 Walk On

Issue from my understanding based on Ace847 explanation which i assume is accurate.

If you try to re-sign your player during the season and they go into negotiation status (didn't accept your offer), it would count towards your salary/funds or both even though they did not accept the offer, not sure since it wasnt clarified. Then in the offseason if that said player did not accept any of your offers during the season and accepts your offer in the offseason re-sign, it also counts towards salary/funds or both, not sure yet. So it could be double counting, but we'll see if this is legitimate.

6. Kidofcrash23

Kidofcrash23 Walk On

So i tried this out and the way the cap works, i am not exactly sure what is going on.

So i went to my resigns right now and offered what they are demanding and they went to negotiating,

Whatever i offered did not impact:

• Funds stayed the same
    • total salary that is under my team and under salaries stayed the same
    • The cap space stayed the same
    So whatever i offered did not impact anything in the salaries page that is under my team or the total funds.

Now when you go to the resign screen, you will see next to the name the "cap room" and the "available funds", i assume the cap room means what you have to offer based on all the contracts ending at the end of the season headin ginto the off season.

So every offer i did, reduced the cap room amount by whatever i offered. The issue is, when i ended the negotiations, it actually doesnt put the $$ bac into the cap room total. The cap room stays the same if you end the negotiation and the status changes to not interested. So i would assume if you end negotiations, the cap room amount should reflect as if you did not offer any more money and add back, it doesnt.

So i decided to reoffer some that is still in negotiation with a lower amount and the cap room increased, so if you offer a lower amount, it puts $$ back into cap room. Ending negotiations does not so that is odd.

we'll see at the end of the season, y cap room on the resign page is at 69.6 so that should change back to the original amount of over $70 million, if it doesnt, then the proposed amount i believe may count towards your cap in the offseason maybe. The cap during the seaso and the funds does not change since the salary isn't added for the current year. Unless thie cap room total is something totally different.

• Informative Informative x 2
  7. Ace847

Ace847 Walk On

did you do this in a test cfm to make sure nothing in tmfl gets messed up?

8. Kidofcrash23

Kidofcrash23 Walk On

i did it in TMFL, i dind toffer big contracts so i didnt care.

ill make one this weekend and test

• Like Like x 1
  9. Kidofcrash23

Kidofcrash23 Walk On

just did a quick test on a test league...while the cap room part on the resign is a little odd as it doesnt change unless you offer, but if you end negotiation, the $$ doesnt go back. It doesnt seem to actually impact the real salary cap in the end though.

When entering into the resign stage, a pop up says i had a cap space o 71.78, but when i actually go into the resign screen, the cap room amount is $75.4, i am not sure what is the discrepancy there. My offers during the season doesnt match up to the discrepancy.

So when i got the salary page under my teams, my cap space at the start of the offseason season was 85.1, so if i add the $75.4 + the rookie reserve of 9.72, that equates to my total cap space under my teams. So it looks like the cap room on the resign screen part ends up matching up ito salary under my team.

Prior to the end of the season, i offered to play $2.2 in total, my cap room after the proposal was 80.3 before the offseason started and by offseason, the cap room was $85.1 after adding back rookie reserve. So i had more cap space than i had at the end before the offseason started.

So what does this all mean? i actually have no clue, since i am confused as probably those reading this, but to me i do not think there is a in season offer glitch that double counts. I did a quick test so i may have missed something, but in my eyes, it seems ok for now.

10. Ace847

Ace847 Walk On

Hope it's all good... Just relaying what I heard on the game changers podcast (first 15 minutes). The guy who called in might have been totally mistaken or maybe this was only affecting his league? Just sounded pretty concerning so glad we're testing.

11. Ace847

Ace847 Walk On

I remember him saying after the first couple sign, no one else will sign no matter what you offer... Maybe the salary cap offer issues doesn't happen until after those couple signings??

12. Black Republican

Black Republican TMFL Commish -- **ISYMFS** --

Damn whistle blowers ....

• Agree Agree x 1
  13. Kidofcrash23

Kidofcrash23 Walk On

i never can get through those type of podcast or youtube interviews about madden, they are so cringey...I didnt know a caller called this in i thought it was brought up by a game changer.

I can see why there may be the confusion since the numbers do not change in some parts of the UI, but i dont think there is an issue from my short testing.

As far as the resign rejections, i'll have to see.

14. Ace847

Ace847 Walk On

I'm testing now Kidofcrash23 and I signed Weddle to start and entered negotiations with two others and it keeps saying negotiating... I up it the next week and still negotiating... I then offered 4,5,6 times what they were asking and it still says negotiating but I noticed my cap room on top right hand corner of screen was going down... I think we have an issue here... Possible Solution: don't sign until resigning stage except maybes the first one or two you are able to sign... If they go to negotiating... Don't offer subsequent contracts... Subtracts from cap and according to the guy who called in, you can't get the cap space back even if commish gives out owner cash... Also, when you resign in the offseason period it will hit your cap again...

Black Republican Big Suge Knight

15. Ace847

Ace847 Walk On

So here's what i found: after you keep negotiating the cap does lower until all the way down to zero... I tried it and everyone says negotiating regardless of rediculously high contracts you offer (which reveals that it's at least partially "broke"). If you then get frustrated and end negotiations the money stays subtracted from your cap listed on top right hand corner and the player shows as "not .interested" (they stay like this indefinitely so never end negotiations with your guys or off to free agency they go...).

Good news is that when you advance to offseason resigning stage your cap comes back so no losing cap money like the guy on the podcast said! But the guys who you ended negotiations with are still not interested.

For those still interested, it's here where you can sign your guys at a more normal price and they will accept... Only problem is, you better pay right or they might decline and that's your only shot... So don't be cheap boys (our rules kinda prohibit that anyways)..

I liken this final resigning stage to being similar to last years resigning... Trying to resign during the year just doesn't work except for one or two guys... Hope this helps.

Last edited: Sep 18, 2015
  16. Kidofcrash23

Kidofcrash23 Walk On

did resign test as well.

During the in season resign stage, it is likely you will only get to resign one or two as the others will reject no matter what. i tried to resign murray and offered him 145 million over 5 years when his desired contract was 5 year at 5 million total, he didn't accept. Offered him a little more than what he desired in offseason and he accepted. great logic EA.