In the effort of advancing quickly

Discussion in 'Thread Archive' started by coachgaddy, Jun 20, 2010.

1. coachgaddy

coachgaddy Mega 49ers, OMFL Pats

In the effort of advancing quickly

I proposed a new rule you cannot be a below .500 team and expect the league to wait for you on the last day. So far it has been consistently the bottom teams playing on the last day. Its obvious they are in no hurry so why should we wait.

I say if you are above .500 and in contention then we would wait. As of right now all three of these games should have been simmed last night.

2. saintsdave75

saintsdave75 Walk On

that is an excellent idea there

3. pbates86

pbates86 Walk On

Sunday night is typically a night that a lot of games end up getting played. I'd atleast wait till then.

4. natedawg212000

natedawg212000 New Orleans Saints

we are talking about a new rule now that would basically say that if your game is the last game, you do NOT have the full time to wait. the moment you become the last game you have 12 hours to get it in.

5. Jethro

Jethro Walk On

So what week would this rule start? If you are 0-2 is your game meaningless?

6. mustang20241

mustang20241 Walk On

Gaddy is meaningless, i wish an 0-16 season upon him

7. Big D

Big D Walk On

I'm with Jethro here. Just because 6 teams are below .500 doesn't mean they don't deserve the same respect and treatment that everybody else gets. I'm not opposed to a rule about getting the last game in, but record should be left out of it. I'm sorry but I'm not going to punish saintsdave, claven, weblink, and some other guys who have been here since day 1 and been great active owners just because they don't win as often as the rest of us. That's a good way to lose those types of owners really quickly.....

8. coachgaddy

In the end you going to have to sim all three of theses games anyway. I'm just pointing out the urgency in some that may not be in others right now. Your not going to lose owners cause they all know this have to move due to the new release coming and besides SD, Weblink and some others don't have issues playing their games so its highly unlikely they will ever be the last game.

9. Jeremy

Jeremy The ONLY 2 time OMFL CHampion!!!!

I like the idea of a 12 hour rule after 2nd to last game is played.

I do not like taking record into account.

10. Bluebean

Bluebean Kansas City Chiefs

How about everyone make plans to schedule your game within 4 days after the advance of the week. The 5th day should just be for emergency or some other extreme circumstances that will happen to us all at some point. Everyone can make an effort to have their game scheduled to be played by Thursday Night at the latest this week although Friday Night would be the true deadline. We can jump on people if they continually put their game off until the 5th day.

11. coachgaddy

Even better a 4 day advance with a 5 day for emergency. Then when the new release comes out we go back to 5 days.

12. Jeremy

We have to be careful here guys. Some people joined here for the fact that we were on a 5-5 1/2 days advance schedule. We cant just up and change what this league was built for.We have already gone to a 5 day advance and what happens when guys dont get games in fast enough for the 4 day advance. Go to 3?

Their has to be stopping point where we accept what we are and what we were built on.

A 5 day advance league.

13. Bluebean

Bluebean Kansas City Chiefs

Good point, 5 days, lol. That's good.

14. saintsdave75

saintsdave75 Walk On

This is the part that caught my attention in gaddy's 1st post. I'm not accusing anyone of it, but I really hope that the reason some of these games are not getting played quickly is because there season is already over for them and they just don't care. Maybe, it's because it's the complete opposite of my mindset. I don't care what my record is, I'm always looking to play asap, I just love to play that much, win or lose, the fun for me is just playing the game.

This is probably the first game that I've owned since I was a youngster (when I used to stay up all hours of the night with the Zelda's, Mario's and all those epic games back in the day) that I can really say that I've got my money's worth.

(y)

15. Big D

Big D Walk On

Like I said previously I'm not opposed to us tweaking the advance rule during the end. But as Jeremy said, I'm against record playing any part of it.

16. chrisdstan

chrisdstan Walk On

I like the 12 hour rule because sometimes things happen and just because you have a different record it shouldn't be the cause for a sim. Trust me you would not agree if you have a nice record get touched or your making the playoffs when you guys can only meet for or until the last day for advance.

17. bigox1337

bigox1337 Walk On

Its seems to me that only a couple teams hold us up every week. Instead of punishing teams who get most their games in a timely manner and then have a bad scheduling week, lets just put the teams on a scheduling probation where if they dont make any attempt to contact or post on the scheduling forums in the 2 day period... that way, after a couple times of missed games and owners know whats going on and instead of a possible sim loss to the team that actually wanted to play, let the no show team be subbed for... possible in that 12 hour period from the second to last game of the week like a couple of guys thought would be a good idea for the last game, if no action by the party that showed up for the game to find a sub, then just sim it.

First league hold up- warning
    Second and third league hold up- probation with possible subbed games if lack of scheduling efforts continue.
    Final league hold up- possible expulsion...

I know alot of owners right now are just going through the motions later in the season and later in this madden... Things will def pick up when 11 drops, but for the sake of the teams in it and the hope for another complete season... SPEED IT UP GUYS

18. natedawg212000

natedawg212000 New Orleans Saints

guys, this has nothing to do with record. I was pissed for waiting on that last game last week. This rule will simply state the moment a game becomes the 'last game', you then have 12 hours to play. If not it's a sim. We won't wait on one game, no matter who it is.

19. bigox1337

bigox1337 Walk On

This certainly doesnt bother the AFC south as 3 of 4 teams have completed this weeks games with only two played at the moment. The dirty south got bigger problems than that.

20. CHUNKNESS

CHUNKNESS Commissioner Quality Simulation Football

I know I'm new to the league, but as an experienced league participant my only concern with implementing a straight 12 hour rule is that it is possibly too partial. Just my opinion, but it should take into account the possibility that the owners of the game which remains unplayed to continue with any kickoff time that they may have already scheduled if it falls beyond the 12 hours... Particularly if one of the owners had posted that they are on vacation or out of town and will be able to play their game on the final day of the Madden week before the advance and their opponent confirmed the game time for that day. I apologize if this may have already been addressed, but I did not see it if it was so I thought I'd give my thoughts regarding the issue. Otherwise, in theory, I think it's a good idea to implement something such as this.

21. Jeremy

Yea Chunk, good post. If the game has a set time for that last day, I say give them the whole alloted time. This should be for games still in limbo.

22. bigox1337

bigox1337 Walk On

agree, good post chunky keep it up... hella like your name btw