Incentives for Proper Scheduling, Recaps, Etc

Discussion in 'Thread Archive' started by BadaBing319, Nov 6, 2010.

1. BadaBing319

BadaBing319 OMFL Broncos / PMFL Eagles

Hey, been kicking around this idea for a while and thought I'd get it down here for us to discuss...

We keep track of penalties and infractions for each owner, which is obviously needed. However, sometimes only focusing on the shortcomings of the owners can sometimes lead to a negative feel from the leadership towards its members. While I do think that we need to be strict and enforce all the rules, what if we had some sort of incentive based program which rewarded owners for following all scheduling & recap rules and playing their games on time.

I don't have a perfect system in mind, however this thought came to my mind:

Owner Incentive Plan
    Scheduling post within 48 hours = 1 point
    Recap written (win or lose) = 1 point (not required for losing teams, but an incentive to get them to post something)
    Game played on time = 2 points **

** - If the owner needs a sub or has to use the emergency day, 0 points for that week.

Rewards for guys who score 95% or above could be one of the following:

- Compensatory draft pick (end of round 2?)
    - Keep one additional free agent from hitting the free agent market
    - $5M bump in cap space

Thoughts? This could also work the other way - if we see guys are missing recaps and consistently late, we have ammo to warn and/or find replacements.

2. Winuvas

Winuvas OMFL Jets

I think the best option, if we went this route, would be a compensatory draft pick. The free agent/cap space extra stuff would be difficult to track, in my opinion, and more of a pain for cap guys than it would be worth.

And I think we could do it for season 2, then not do it anymore since the behavior would be set. Another problem you may/may not have is owners coming in late to the season having an unfair advantage. Maybe start everyone with a set amount of points? Like we did with the betting? Start with, say, 10 points. Anytime you don't do one of the things, you get a warning and lose X points (2-4 points). Anytime you do it, you gain 1. You run out of points, you can't win the pick.

3. natedawg212000

natedawg212000 New Orleans Saints

The problem is it gives guys unfair advantages for stuff that they should do any way. If they aren't doing those things then we should boot. Lets do what we are doing for the other stuff lets and see what the league thinks first.

4. CoachWest

CoachWest Walk On

I had an idea like this too, except I didint want to do picks, instead I was thinking of using cap incentives

Like for example:

Loyalty Player= Any player that is older than 30 yrs old and that has been demoted on yoru depth chart will get a reduced modifier-Cost 10 points-Limit one per team

We can develope multiple of these, like one that releases a player less than 80 with no cap hit, or a free position change

I think it can be very simular to the Madden Card system and we could add things that should be common behavior and exceptional and give points accordingly

5. Miklos_Nyiszli

Miklos_Nyiszli Walk On

i would much rather see it as a free cut or add more salary cap if ur in the 95%

6. CoachWest

CoachWest Walk On

Well if a guy switches teams salarys woudl be confusing, also the free cut is one of many options, I think it should be like a game :)

7. Winuvas

Winuvas OMFL Jets

I love the idea on paper.

However, I am gonna play devil's advocate: How will we keep track of stuff like this?

Sounds like it will be more headache than it is worth.

However......

If you are set on offering an incentive plan, make it something not hard to track - picks.

Certain amount of points "buys" compensatory draft picks. Offered at the end of each round. Can only buy 1 of each round extra (one extra 1st, 2nd, 3rd round, etc) and purchased in normal draft order (using this year's draft as example, if Coach West and I "bought" first round picks, he would go before me as he picked before me in normal draft). All compensatory picks are paid accordingly to lowest tier at that level (meaning 1st round picks extra would pay whatever the 32nd pick in draft is paid).

Make them expensive with diminishing values at lower draft points. These picks could NOT be traded.

This would be fair, encourage participation, and keep it realistic.

8. Jeremy

Jeremy The ONLY 2 time OMFL CHampion!!!!

The incentive for doing those things is that they get the benefit of being able to play in the GREATEST MADDEN LEAGUE EVER.

IMO, we have enought stuff to track and adding incentives will just confuse things even more.

9. CoachWest

CoachWest Walk On

If tracking is the issue, i'll take it. Unforttunately I dont feel the game has lived up to the hype this year and to keep the guys around we need to add some unique elements, I will set up a system and propose it to you guys. Is that cool?

10. Winuvas

Winuvas OMFL Jets

Write up something and we'll kick it around.