Incoming freshman

Discussion in 'Thread Archive' started by DC, Mar 1, 2011.

1. DC

DC Shake n Bake

So I know it's a little early, we don't have all our commits yet. But the majority of us can tell which recruits we are going to get by now.

So my question is: what incoming frosh do you see make a significant impact on your team next season.

2. DC

DC Shake n Bake

I can start

The number one QB I'm the nation just commited to Stanford. Jonathen mathews will be starting for the trees next season. Wheeler the senior qb may see some form sub for big passing formations if Mathews is a little shaky there. And we may be running a little spread option next season to accommodate Mathews skill set.

On top of that we have several incoming OL fresan and jucos who will HAVE to start. Regardless of ratings. Trial by fire my friends.

3. onaradio34

onaradio34 Tryin not to show how little I know bout anything

Michigan will probably have 3 Freshmen starting on the O-line next season. :5stars: T Wade will get the RT job. There will definatley be one opening at the G position that will be won by either :5stars: G Cronin or :4stars: G Walker. We are #1 on :3stars: JUCO Jr Hakim Ashley that we would really like to redshirt but may not be able to. Largely depends on whether LG Eric McGee (87 OVR) turns pro after this, his junior, year. If he does, those two G positions will be filled by the 3 mentioned above. Right now, my backups at G are both freshman rated 64 OVR.

4. controllerabuser

controllerabuser Purple People Eaters

The JUCO QB we picked up could get a starting job next year if Taylor Graham doesn't leave or stays and doesn't get his shit together. Perhaps one of the linebackers we recruited could see major playing time as well. The :5stars: TE also could get major playing time if he comes in close to Justin Rushing's overall rating or abilities.

BK, the #1 QB you got, what is throwing accuracy, throwing power and awareness look like?

5. DC

DC Shake n Bake

#1 QB JONATHAN MATTHEWS. Offered by Alabama. Dangerous arm with B power and B- accuracy and a nightmare with his feet. 4.48 speed, B accel and A- agility coupled with B- break tackle and A elusiveness. The kind of kid that you build a system around instead of building him around the system.

I think awareness is a c+

6. BobJr

BobJr To each their own

Featured Threads:
    As for PSU, the speed rusher DE Thomas Vincent (4*) will be getting an extreme amount of playing time, hopfully opposite James Key to make our dline strong. Another DE will be getting some time as a freshman too, Cory Foster. Fosters Block shedding and pursuit will make him a candidate for DT by the time he's a senior. On special teams we will have a strong legged K in Markus Armstrong, and we are hunting a Punter at the moment.

7. controllerabuser

That is pretty good ratings.

8. H22APWRD94

H22APWRD94 RG3 Bandwagon

WR, CA. WR. LOL

Check him at position changes. Pretty sure 85-86 as a true freshman.

9. controllerabuser

I know that but im deathly in need of tight ends. I will only have 1 and he'll be a senior.

10. nrg_qbz-_-

nrg_qbz-_- Walk On

LOL. My prized signing of the season is a kicker. He's accurate...I think.

Seriously wtf...it's not like I didn't go after people, because I did. A recruiting haul of THREE guys? Oh geez

11. H22APWRD94

H22APWRD94 RG3 Bandwagon

I am sorry CA. I understand.

My favorite guy that will contribute right away, and may make all of the big 10's lives a living hell.....My new FB.

12. controllerabuser

Nice, ratings?

13. H22APWRD94

H22APWRD94 RG3 Bandwagon

Chad Herring, a 2* G from Belle Fourche, SD. Chad is 6'1" 284 lbs, with C- speed, B- accel, C- strength, C+ agility, and C+ awareness. Pass block and run block both are C's, and he is better overall skill wise at run blocking. He will be making the position change before his freshman season to the FB position.

Mike

14. nrg_qbz-_-

nrg_qbz-_- Walk On

I bet my kicker can kick better than your FB, mike

15. H22APWRD94

H22APWRD94 RG3 Bandwagon

I guarantee he can. And better than my kicker...LOL. Mine is a walk on. And he is horrible. I tried to get one this season, but no luck. My punter is good, but a senior next year. So, I need a few special teams guys.

Mike

16. onaradio34

onaradio34 Tryin not to show how little I know bout anything

The more I look at this move and think about it, the more sure I am that I'm gonna steal this maneuver.

17. BobJr

BobJr To each their own

Featured Threads:
    +100000000000000000000..great thinking on that

18. controllerabuser

That's a fat ass mothafucker... You better hide your food because that fat ass doesn't need to get any fatter.

19. controllerabuser

I just looked at my recruits and I must say, damnnnnn... I raked them in this year. Starting at the quarterback position, the 6'5 guy juco Jr could redshirt and be a monster. At running back, we brought in 2 :5stars: runningbacks to compliment Rod Smith. Don't know if they'll see the field next year or they could get redshirts. I like this juco sophomore at corner who is named Geoff.... He has excellent ratings and could start. Then we have 4 outside linebackers and 1 middle linebacker. Depending on how the depth chart turns out and who left there could be some starts there as well. As any deep, good program we'd like them to get some experience and redshirt but we'll have to see.

That is all.

20. BobJr

BobJr To each their own

Featured Threads:
    I hate you...lol

21. H22APWRD94

H22APWRD94 RG3 Bandwagon

My FB at Baylor started at that size for 2010. He ended up just over 300 lbs.

22. Diddy81

Diddy81 Walk On

Preston Douglas is part of the fab four that we are looking to bring in, 2 more to go. He will be beast I think i signed two or 3 guys over 6'3 at WR. Trying to model the ol ball coach with those big targets.

23. BobJr

BobJr To each their own

Featured Threads:
    daaaaamn...diddy rolling with the tall ass guys..hope they got good release skills