Indy Colts

Discussion in 'Thread Archive' started by coachgaddy, Dec 6, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. coachgaddy

coachgaddy Mega 49ers, OMFL Pats

Indy Colts

Colts are very good defensively against the pass. Heavy zone coverage out of the 3-4 seems to be this teams strength as they cover the flats and the middle of the field very well. They combine this with bump and run coverage at times to increase its effectiveness so you will need timely throws in tight coverage and patience when playing against this defense. The 3-4 defense seems to be the primary for all sets except 4 WR which means a lot LB or WR coverage. Routes along the sidelines are the holes in the zone and if you have time post routes across the middle will develop as well. Didn't see to many blitzes by this team maybe because I get rid of the ball fast so I cannot comment on those. The major weakness of the Colts defense is the run game as I found late in the game that you can complete a entire drive just running the ball and that will help you in two ways as you will also keep their offense off the field. Against a Stud running back I see this team giving up major yardage if the Owner sticks with it.

Offensively the Colts have a lot of speed of the field which makes it touch to match up with. Lots of drags and deep crossing routes seem to be this teams flavor but they will also work the flats if its there. Not many screens with Ginn if that is what your expecting from him but Ginn does gets a lot of yards after the catch so good tackling is a must. The running game is about as average as mine and will not get any respect if its not improved on. Blitzing is highly effective against this team as Manning is constantly running outside the pocket due to waiting for the deep crossing routes to develop. If you stay discipline in your coverage and mix a blitz in at times on top of Manning running around you will control the game. When Manning becomes more a pocket QB then the offense the team will be more harder to stop.

2. mustang20241

mustang20241 Walk On

Agreed but without Witherspoon I cannot defend the run to the left side. He was out for the week.

Cover 3 opens up those holes down the sidelines.

I usually keep manning in the pocket but your press seem to affect my receivers and you played good from the safety position.

3. coachgaddy

coachgaddy Mega 49ers, OMFL Pats

I was wondering where Witherspoon was at. I was also surprise to see Freeney on the outside I was expecting him at MLB. Also never let the pressure remove you from your comfort zone. Its better to take a sack for 2 yards then 10+ but my Patriots do come quick.

4. bigox1337

bigox1337 Walk On

so does bradys six ints

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.