Influx of New Guys

Discussion in 'Thread Archive' started by Keller, Sep 2, 2010.

1. Keller

Keller The enemy of my enemy is my friend.

Influx of New Guys

We have some new guys taking over teams so I expect people to help them when they make a mistake, not chastise them for it. We lost a seemingly good member today because the way it was handled and I'm not exactly happy about my hard work recruiting people being nullified.

Plain and simple, new guys are new. They don't know all the rules quite yet. Help them out if they make a mistake. We're all supposed to be having fun here and its not fun getting reamed because you're new and you weren't sure about a certain procedure or what have you.

Some of the new guys...
    kdpnutter - Patriots
    Bomber High - Bengals
    Harchunk (if i can convince him to come back) - Bears
    Capparelli - Falcons

And I'm sure there will be more. I will keep updating this thread if new guys decide to join.

Also, DO NOT PLAY THESE TEAMS IN WEEK 3 AS CPU'S. Give the new guys a couple days to join up. I will be sending out there invites before the advance tonight.

2. jsw930

jsw930 Walk On

yo once again my bad, i didnt mean to go crazy, i just didnt know he was new and if he wasnt new, he deserved what i said. I tried pmin him too, i hope he comes back

3. TEClemson53

TEClemson53 Walk On

KDP , cool guy

4. Keller

JSW, don't sweat it man. I would think if he was really committed to playing here he wouldn't let a small oversight like that get in the way of it. As much as I want him here and other new members to make this league great, things like that happen and you have to be able to look past them.

Hopefully he comes back and if he does we will welcome him back like we would welcome anyone else. I don't see it happening but we can hope.

I just made this thread so that everyone knows whats up, not to put you down.

5. sibellius

sibellius Too legit to quit

Since we are taking in some new guys, should there be a waiting period for those of us who are scheduled to play the CPU (to allow someone to potentially fill the slot) or are we okay to just go ahead and play?

6. Keller

Unless you hear from me or read on the forum that someones coming and soon, you are free to play the CPU at your leisure. Reason being is, say we have a new guy that wants to play but he takes like a full week to finish up his spreadsheet, what do we do then?

The guys we have now are coming and coming soon so for Week 3, people should hold off for a day or so against their teams. So whoever is playing the Patriots, Falcons and Bengals should be patient.

New guys, if you're reading this, I will be sending out your invites within the next hour, read the "joining the SMFL" thread for the password and more details.