Info Request: Recruiting Advisor

Discussion in 'NCAA Football' started by U824942, Jun 2, 2011.

1. U824942

U824942 Walk On

Apologies if this question has already been asked and answered. I searched prior posts and found some information from Helli (Thanks), but I wanted to clarify how to ID the recruits that use the advisor bonuses. I am currently in year 1, week 12 with Western Kentucky University (Hilltoppers) and we are awful (4-7). It wasn’t until about week 8 or so that I saw a recruit with an “X2” next to his head and I was getting double points and I thought the game had somehow thought I purchased the recruit advisor, then I check Tradition and found out otherwise.

I have a couple of questions on the Recruit Advisor (I didn’t purchase the RA nor intend to):
    1. Is there a way to identify a potential RA recruit before you place them on your board and begin spending time with them? I read there is a “pink diamond” next to a recruits head but you have to be in the “More Information” section of the recruit. Do you have to have the recruit on your board to see the “pink diamond” (and in the “More Information” section) or can you see the “pink diamond” while the recruit is still on the big board?

2. Is there a specific time the RA activates? I have been chasing an MLB now for a couple of weeks (5 or 6 weeks) and all the sudden in week 11 he gets the RA “X2” next to his head. Is the RA bonus random or does it only activates if a recruit has WKU in the top 3-5 of schools on his list? All the sudden in week 12, I have about 6-8 recruits that all the sudden have the RA “X2” and I did not see any indication prior to week 12 (pink diamonds or other indicators) that these recruits would have the RA “X2” bonus.

Any additional info would be appreciated. Thanks

2. JerzeyReign

JerzeyReign #BeatOhio

I haven't seen the 'Pink Diamond' this year and I'm 99.9% sure the '2X' thing is done at random. If their is a secret to it, its left in secrecy. But I will say that I have noticed that it presents itself more when the recruit wants to make a decision, which is not necessarily meaning he's going to sign. I've noticed it before he wants to visit as well as before he wants to commit. But then again I've also witnessed it in Week 2 with neither of my observations in effect.

A great explanation of how it works is on OS but it was posted so long ago it probably died. Its a very long thread but with great information. If you are a member of OS the thread was formed by a user named PocketScout. He has a couple 'Coaching Carousel' apps as well as a 'Recruiting List' that pretty much recruits for you and will spill the beans about ratings. I know thats not what you want but he explains the 'Recruiting Advisor' aspect of the game rather well.

Hope this points you close to the right direction.

Ray

3. onaradio34

onaradio34 Tryin not to show how little I know bout anything

1) the pink diamond is for recruits not on your board. If you add these recruits and show them a little love they will bump you into their top 10. The usefullness of it depends on when you add them and/or the recruiting difficulty you have set. On Heisman difficulty, you may get bumped to #5, for example, but still may be 500 points behind the leader. Very hard to make up that much ground. On lower difficulties, you have a shot. If catch the player and add them earlier in the season, even on heisman, the recruit may not be getting any attention from other schools yet and you can slowly make your way up his list. Honestly, I never fool with this feature.

2) I'm not the best to answer this. I believe you get 1 RA feature every week between instant commits, x2's, pink diamonds, and maybe a fourth. For example, week 1 you will get an instant commit, week 2 will be x2's, etc. I don't believe you can get 2 different features in one week, I may be wrong though. There is no way of telling what feature a recruit will get before he goes on your board except the pink diamond and the fact that you can't get an instant commit if your are not #1 on a prospect's list.

Hope that helps.

4. Wick36

Wick36 Welcome to the Jungle

The double points is not linked to the Recruit Adviser DLC. You will get that without it - even if the DLC speedsavers are turned off an in OD.

I have not purchased it, but afaik, RA tells you which guys are about to commit and gives you an indication of which recruits are going to get the x2 bonus before you talk to them.

5. U824942

U824942 Walk On

I screwed up my board a bit becuase the last NCAA I played was '09 - the pipeline states are much more important to the recruiting process and the overall process is different. I was surprised becuase I was in week 1 or 2 and I insta-signed a 3* TE but I have had no luck since then - not even the "X2" - unless i didn't notice - until around week 8 or so. I also didn't notice any pitches unlocked that should have been locked, but then again, I wasn't looking for any of this until after week 8. Thanks for the feedback - much appreciated

6. U824942

U824942 Walk On

Thanks - I'll check OS and see if I can search the posts for the RA. I'll just keep an eye out for anything that looks out of the ordinary. To be fair, I didn't start looking for pink diamonds until week 11, so there may not have been anything left to see. I guess i'll have to check the board in year 2 early on and see if I can catch any of these recruits - hopefully they will be in a pipeline state. Thanks again for the feedback

7. U824942

U824942 Walk On

Ok - Thanks. I like to do it the hard way but WKU is a big challenge. Any legit help I can get in recruiting, I'll take. I'm having trouble signing 3* and 2* G's/T's and I have A+/B+ Early Playing Time! I have the recruiting on AA - I thought Heisman was too much not having played with the new recruiting method and a bad team like WKU. Thanks for the feedback - much appreciated.

8. Wick36

Wick36 Welcome to the Jungle

I really wouldn't buy it, especially with like 6 weeks until the release of '12.

9. U824942

U824942 Walk On

I'm just starting '11 now - I haven't had time to play over the last 3 years b/c of my 2 kids, born 13 months apart (4 & 3 yrs old) are now going to bed (and staying there) at a reasonable hour and sleeping through the night. I fiigure I've lost about 2 years worth of NCAA time......

10. U824942

U824942 Walk On

So just to clarify, if i go into the "More Information" section on individual recruits while they are still on the big board, there should be a pink diamond next to the recruits head IF my school is going to get the RA "X2" / unlock pitch / insta commit bonus? Just checking....Thanks again

11. onaradio34

No, the pink diamond is a separate thing from x2, etc. That wil be your RA perk for that week. None of your other players nor that player if you add him will get a x2, unlock, etc for that week.

12. onaradio34

For me, the pink diamond is the last thing I want to see. Like I said earlier, it's no garauntee you will still land the player and it will take valuable time from other targeted prospects. Also, the guy might not even be someone you want. I know at WKU you can't really afford to be picky but it may be a HB when you already have 5 on your depth chart. To me, it's not worth the time it takes to look at each prospects "additional info".

13. U824942

U824942 Walk On

I agree - but being at WKU, almost anyone is better than what is on the roster right now. I wouldn't take a recruit that I don't need or someone that doesn't fit my scheme. I'm hoping to get lucky with a few (or just one!) recruits who are in my pipeline states and have the pink diamond. I'll take the RA bonuses as they come. I need all the help I can get.........

14. U824942

U824942 Walk On

Just a quick update -yr2 of my Western Kentucky Hilltoppers dynasty. I started to set up my yr 2 board and I ran through all of the recruits and I found 1 guy, an OT from Texas, 4* recruit. I put him @ #1 and he had me listed @ #9 on his list of schools. I spent 1 hr on week 1 and I jumped from #9 to about #4, but the 3 schools ahead of me offered him schollys and were around 200-450 points ahead of me. I had to drop him off of the board.

Recruiting in year #1 was a bitch! I only recruited 2 players (3* TE, 3* MLB) and I had 2 walk ons (75OVR DT, 72 OVR WR). I tried to recruit OL since WKU is sooooo bad up front; I have an A+ in Early Playing Time (for both OT/OG) and recruited close to Kentucky, to max out the Proximity to Home rating. With 4 weeks to go, I couldn't even get 1* players interested - that had no schollys or interest from other schools!! What gives with the Offensive Linemen? Even in Yr 2, week 2, I have 1 OG and 1 OT interested even though I stacked my board from pipeline states with 3* and 2* OL (I have A+ in Early Playing Time AGAIN for both) and can't seem to get anyone interested (Recruiting is on AA - should I turn it down??). I've played NCAA on and off for 15 years, so I think I know what I am doing, but this seems to be a particularly hard sell - I'm going to end up with all walk ons at this rate............Any suggestions? I thought the 'pink diamond" would help (not so much)