Info/Settings for 12

Discussion in 'Thread Archive' started by Bulldog, Jul 10, 2011.

1. Bulldog

Bulldog Coach Richt is my Dawg!

Please go read the dynasty description on the main page and post here letting me know that you have read or re-read the dynasty description.

Settings:
    • Difficulty: All-American
    • Recruiting Difficulty: All-American
    • Quarter Length: 7 minutes
    • Speed Threshold: Undecided
    • Gameplay Speed: Undecided
    General:

• All members will have anywhere from 3-5 User games per year.
    • Each Week will be advanced every 48 Hours roughly around 11pm Eastern.
    • League members must post their general availability within the scheduling forum.
    • All league members must post their games Box-Scores within the Game Summaries sub-forum after every game.
    • All league members must post required content each week.
    • All league members must participate daily in the league forums.
    General Gameplay:

• Controlling players: You must control the ball carrier at all times.
    • Sportsmanship: Please refrain from trash talk, and if you must please use your better judgment. No matter what the score is, or if you are in disagreement of how the other person is playing, do not quit.
    • Play-calling: Each player should utilize their entire playbook, and refrain from abusing "Money" plays.
    • Running up of scores and stat "Whoring": This is something that is highly frowned upon and will lead to corrective action if you are found to be doing so. If you are ahead by more than 21pts after the first half, you mush mass sub in your second string for the remainder of the game unless it is a close game. There is a scoring cap of 70.
    • Disconnects and Restarts: At no point should a game be restarted, but in the event that it does happen, the player is required to post the reason within the General League Discussion tread and send a PM to me. Any member found to have an invalid reason for a restart will have their game results thrown out and the game simulated. In the result of a disconnection from a user game, if it occurs within the first 3 quarters the game must be restarted. If it occurs within the 4th quarter, then the remainder of the game is to be simulated. In the event of a disconnection, both users are required to post the reason within the General Discussion tread and to send me a PM. Repeat offenders will not be tolerated and will be subjected to a Ban from the league. Intentionally quitting a User or CPU game will get you immediately banned from the league, and possibly from the site, so don't do it.
    • Game Planning: Game Planning feature will be allowed. Players may only use these when they need to. Players should not have strip ball, pass defense or big hits set to aggressive all game long. In regards to the run/pass commit feature, Only pass commit is allowed in obvious passing situations.
    • Off-Season: At the end of every season, we will designate 1 night where everyone is to be on to complete all of the off-season tasks. If for some reason you cannot attend, you may designate another site member to step in your place during this time. It is extremely encouraged that everyone have a mic during this time, so that there is proper communication and when it comes to advancement and position changes.
    3 strike policy:
    • This league is implementing a 3 Strike Policy on rule violations. 3 league rule violations and your league status will be revoked.
    • Banned players can submit an appeal to me by means of PM, If I deem that it is worthy, the appeal will go before the league for a vote of reinstatement.
    • Any and all league violations should be reported to me by means of PM. Please include a detailed description of the offense and any video highlights or pictures as evidence.
    • Corrective actions will be appropriate to the offense. They can include forfeiture of scholarships, Auto-pilot of User games, and loss of weekly recruitment privileges.
    Recruiting Rules:

• Recruiting will be set to Heisman.
    • Once you have signed the allowed number of recruits, you must revoke all other scholarship offers to other recruits and remove them from your board.
    • There is a roster limit of 70 players. If you happen to go over this, then you will need to trim your roster down during the off-season.
    • A = number of seniors on your team that will graduate
      B = Two additional scholarship to provide a cushion.
      C = 70 - current amount of players currently on roster

A + B + C = total number of available scholarships.

Note: Committed players count against your scholarship limit.
      Roster and Depth Chart rules:
    Players Leaving:
    A player will not be allowed to attempt to sway a player from the pro draft if he:

• is > 97 OVR
    • is a JR that has won the Heisman
    • is a JR and has won a major award (Thorpe, Maxwell, Biletnikoff, etc) and is > 90 OVR
    Kickers and punters can be swayed from pro draft regardless of OVR and class.

2. Bulldog

3. Kasper

Kasper The Ghost Himself

signed and agreed

4. Mike E

Mike E Earth Rocker

Sweet. Nice to see we can't sway some players this year

Read and signed.

5. Bucs

Bucs GT: ThruTheSmoke47

read

6. Danthraxxx

Danthraxxx Walk On

7. ctvolfan

ctvolfan Vol for Life!!

Read and signed

8. Kapono

Kapono Walk On

signed

9. I Peench

I Peench Caught in the hustle

On my phone in transition with the move still but signed. computers done so I might be quiet on hete for a few days

10. I Peench

After messing around quite a bit with recruiting, I'm concerned Heisman will just be too tough for the non-powerhouses. AA recruiting is a bit more difficult this year, and if we're concerned about being too good, we can limit the # of 5* and always change the ratings of cpu kickers/fullbacks/etc. Part of the reason it was so easy last year is because the cpu left so many 4* guys wihtout an offer...that doesnt happen as much this year. Simmed through some seasons as UNC, Utah, and Texas. UNC and Utah were EXCEPTIONALLY difficult to recruit with, even the 3* guys. I played it very conservatively, too. 13-15 guys on my board, and all I was in the top 3 or 5 of. Texas was easier but thats because I got 5 instant commits. Even as Texas, I could gain NO ground on LSU and Mizzou on one guy who WAS IN my pipeline, I dedicated 60 mins to, and who I had two x2s on. Just left shaking my head. I'm all up for a challenge, but this seems more frustrating than anything. I'd rather it be harder than easier, but I don't think we need Heisman for that to happen. I'd rather heisman sliders than heisman recruiting, if difficulty is what we're shooting for.

Let me know what you guys think. Kapono Bulldog Danthraxxx ctvolfan bucsfan047 joeptc Kasper JFace907 jandy H0TT NIKKELs

11. Bucs

Bucs GT: ThruTheSmoke47

i say try out AA recruiting then and see how it goes.

12. Kasper

Kasper The Ghost Himself

heisman, my 2 cents

13. Bulldog

I doubt you have tested both Heisman and AA enough to come to a conclusion.

14. Kasper

Kasper The Ghost Himself

I meant recruting, and just saying I'd just assume have it harder.

15. Danthraxxx

Danthraxxx Walk On

I don't know how much tinkering would be too much ..... but what if we did limit the 5stars or what not in season 1 on AA, then if it is too hard for non 6 star teams to compete we alter the set up? Just a thought, what Peench mentioned here does concern me a tad

16. Bulldog

Yeah i know what you meant i just wanted to be a smartass lol

17. Bulldog

Limit will be 5 5stars

18. Danthraxxx

Danthraxxx Walk On

If that was already mentioned Bulldog my bad, I have read more stuff in the threads on this site in last week than I ever read in college :p

19. Kasper

Kasper The Ghost Himself

funny

20. Bulldog

No but it is something we the board had discussed on skype.

21. Bulldog

;)

22. I Peench

Just thought if mention I'm not the best recruiter...but im decent. If someone else wants to go for it. Just my suggestion. I cant see anyone.getying a dexdnt vlass of more than 15 guys this way

23. Kasper

Kasper The Ghost Himself

good

24. ctvolfan

ctvolfan Vol for Life!!

I saw in another OD were the limited the 5 stars to a certain number but if you won you conference title or national title you got a bump of one more for the following season. I think that would be something to look at as it gives on field performance a little boost on the recruiting trail.

So Bulldog said we have a limit of 5 5star recruits, well maybe if you win your conference title you get a chance to have 6 the following season or that season for the matter.

Idk just that it might be something to look at.

25. Bulldog

I like it good idea.