Ingram rushes Saints to 5th straight victory over Gmen

Discussion in 'Game Summaries & Team News' started by PepperNY, Oct 14, 2012.

1. PepperNY

PepperNY Fear the Spear

[​IMG] [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    (AP) East Rutherford, NJ - The Saints would travel to Metlife to faceoff against the 6-6 Giants. This would be a meeting between 2 coaches that have nearly 10 years of history together that has formed a big friendship over the years. Throw that friendship right out the window this week as neither had anything to say until the game was finished. The Saints would win the toss and elect to kick and it paid dividends on the very 1st snap as Bradshaw coughed it up leading to a 1 yard TD run by Mark Ingram on 4th and Goal from the 1 where he just got across the goal line. The Giants looked like they would immediately tie the game as Bradshaw redeemed himself busting a run for 60 yards but the Giants drive would stall where they had to settle for a FG. The Saints would put together a few more drives and before the Giants even knew what hit them it was a 24-10 deficit at the half. The Giants fought hard to make it 27-17 to pull within 10 but on the ensuing Saints drive they would march right down the field and on a 3rd and 2 Drew Brees would tuck the ball and run for a TD putting the game out of reach for the Gmen as the Saints go on to win 34-17.​
    The Saints move to 8-5, winning their 5th game in a row and seem to have a new identity. Mark Ingram rushed for 130+ yards and 2 TD's giving the Saints their first 100 yard rusher of the season. The Saints will head back home to New Orleans to prepare for a division showdown with the Tampa Bay Bucs.​
    Highlights below, Yes I know the audio is a little out of sync so my bad​

Last edited: Oct 14, 2012
    • Like Like x 3
  2. Juan Valencia

Juan Valencia Walk On

GG. GL rest of the way!(y)

3. hoodiii

hoodiii Walk On

Nice loved the highlights

• Like Like x 1
  4. CHUNKNESS

CHUNKNESS Commissioner Quality Simulation Football

always like the highlights Rob. thx!

5. PepperNY

PepperNY Fear the Spear

thanks Doug. After my 3rd loss in the row I went back and looked at my game film as I record every game to see what I was doing wrong. Brings a whole new meaning to film study lol.

6. Michael Overman

Michael Overman Walk On

Great job...love watching these

7. ThaBayouChef

ThaBayouChef Walk On

Whatta ya know, Brees owns Eli just like in real life! Haha! :p :D

8. PepperNY

PepperNY Fear the Spear

I may be the Saints in this league but I am a diehard lifelong Giants fan. While I will agree with you as far as Brees having the Giants number I am sure Brees would rather have a defense and another superbowl ring to match Eli's :D

9. ThaBayouChef

ThaBayouChef Walk On

No doubt about that. He'll get another, believe DAT!