Ingram's Gator Chomp/Throat Slash

Discussion in 'The Cheap Seats' started by Papa Perry, Dec 7, 2009.

1. Papa Perry

Papa Perry Leeroy Jenkins!!!

Ingram's Gator Chomp/Throat Slash

Ok I am an Alabama fan and while it probably should not have been done should Gator fans really be upset about this? I mean it is our fault because had we kept Ingram in the game to run yet ANOTHER TD he would have not been able to do this. BUT we would have been critcized for running up the score. I seem to remember Meyer having a history of calling timeouts to extend the league by a fieldgoal at the end of a game when they are already up 21 points. Also I don't believe we have went 3 Stooges on any of our opponents as well, ala Brandon Spikes eye gouging. If it will make up for it we can show the same amount of class by getting Rolando McClain drunk and then put him in his car passed out at a green light in T-town. All I want is for you to voice your opinion about Ingram's emotional actions. He didn't flip no one off, he didn't get in anyone's face, and from what I could tell the boys were just celebrating. Leave them alone...

2. BDSDIGITAL

BDSDIGITAL One Time for your Mind

It's funny you mention that.

I live in SEC country and watch alot of SEC football, and I was hoping that Nick Saban would have punched another one in, went for two and made it a clean 40 points...Urban has it coming. He's chumped many teams in the same fashion.

3. Papa Perry

The sad thing is I called Tennessee fans the most classless fans in the nation but apparently I forgot how Florida fans are when they get beat in every aspect of the game. Only category they beat Bama in was Most Penalty Yards

4. KnightNoles

KnightNoles Learn to Compete

Ohh, I cannot wait.... Loved seein him try and throw the headset but didnt and have the little crybaby face

5. dakota7

dakota7 Former Blue Chip Recruit

I missed the throat slash........I guess I wish guys wouldn't do that period. I think doing the gator chomp is awesome. That's what makes rivalries good.......kicking your opponent when they're down.

6. GoGators

GoGators GT: KSherm

We had more passing yards too!!! haha.

I tipped my hat to Bama, they kicked our butts up and down the field. Rumor has it that their still trying to find where our defense got lost in Valdosta on the way to Atlanta.

I did find the Ingram thing slightly offensive, I didn't see the throat slash, but I'm not going to complain about it. Every time somebody beats us they put the gator chomp back in our face, see Auburn kicker running off Florida field in `07.

I don't really think Ingram meant anything by it. I think he was just celebrating and having fun.

7. Diddy81

Diddy81 Walk On

Yeah I don't give a damn about players taunting the Gators. Even Alabama couldn't believe they could wn that game that easy and the boys celebrated. I laughed actually. Not an Ingram hater but he may get the Heisman on a down year. Is bama as good with out him . . . probably. Trich and Upchurch together could have done what he did. Now no McCoy, or Tebow both of those teams are around 9-10 wins maybe they shouldn't get it either. No CJ Spiller, clemson is under or at 500. Spiller, Gerhart or Suh should win it in my eyes.

8. Papa Perry

My vote is Gerhart

9. Diddy81

Diddy81 Walk On

Can't wait for what? for FSU to be relevant again, let me guess next year's the year, lol

10. Hova

Hova Live Action. YiYiYi!

This stuff is getting ridiculous, you should be able to do anything you want besides obvious taunting or delaying the game. There taking the passion out of the game, same with the NFL

11. Masler

Masler Moderator

Ochocinco says who gives a shit every time he celebrates. Whats 20K to him, he makes millions a season.

12. KnightNoles

KnightNoles Learn to Compete

Did I say anything about FSU?

If you know anything you know football is cyclical

Tebow gone, practacally the defense is gone. we will see how good of a recruiter Urban is to see if he has restocked for the post Tebow era. If not Urban has it coming to him and I cant wait for more images of him wanting to slam the headset but ohh no I cant....

13. GoGators

For someone whose on here lately posting about how great of a recruiter Jimbo is in one week, you sure don't follow it much huh?

Here's the past years recruiting breakdown per rivals:

2005: FSU #2 UF #15 (Tebow's class, kind of funny how that worked out huh? Plus we had 4 kids transfer out of this class)
    2006: UF #2 FSU #3
    2007: UF #1 FSU #21
    2008: UF #3 FSU #9
    2009: FSU #7 UF #16 (you think you got the edge here but it's only because we only had 16 scholarships available)
    2010: TBD

So, if you're excited about FSU, it's cool, you should be. But remeber, it's the 06 and 07 classes that will be next years story.

14. CaddilacRockBox

CaddilacRockBox 3 Star Recruit

Clemson was 8-5. Maybe it's Reggie Bush's pro career that is hurting Spiller, but he's the most outstanding player, next to maybe Suh. I've seen CJ in person and it takes a lot for someone to outrun every Hurricane on the field, we're known to be pretty fast. Ingram should and probably will get it, he had the best year on the best team. Gerhart is good, but Suh is a beast. I hope he likes Tampa.

15. Diddy81

Diddy81 Walk On

Good post what i was saying was that without Spiller Clemson would be under .500. I agree Ingram will prolly get it for those reasons but I feel like that production could have been matched by two guys on that team. Gerhart, Spiller, and Suh make their teams a lot better.

16. GoGators

Spiller is ridiculous. He dominates in every facet of the game and should hands down get the heisman. The fact that he's not even a clear cut favorite shows how crazy the heisman voting has became. Ingram is a very special player. He runs the ball the way few people ever have. But he's kind of just a power back. Nothing wrong with that, but he only dominates in the running game.

CJ Spiller does it all. He rushes, receives, special teams, hell he's even tossed a TD or two. The dudes flat out the best player in college statistically. They gave it to Tebow when he we were 9-3. Clemsons record shouldn't count against him. After all, he can't play defense too.

17. skipwondah33

skipwondah33 Walk On

But why should Ingram be penalized because he dominates the ball only running? Spiller's the best player on his team, Ingram on his. You couldn't go wrong with either one, but Ingram wins it in my opinion

18. Diddy81

Diddy81 Walk On

If Ingram went down, could Alabama do the same thing , yes I really think so. Not as good but good enough to win games and I think Clemson, Stanford, and Nebraska tank without those guys.

19. EaglesIrish5

EaglesIrish5 Walk On

If Myer is smart he takes the enormous amount of cash Notre Dame would give him and get out before he turns into Ron Zook.

20. Diddy81

Diddy81 Walk On

He's won two N.C. he'll never be Ron Zook.

21. hornfaninbama

hornfaninbama GT: BulgyTexas

I heard a stat about the Heisman trophy and Mark Ingram. If he wins he will have the lowest yardage total by any Heisman winning RB in modern history. IIRC the rest of it was that the record is currently held by Bo Jackson.

22. MaxATX34

MaxATX34 Texas Football

IMO. The Heisman has lost its luster. Ever since Peyton Manning lost it to a freakin' DB who returned a punt for a TD. That, and what has happened since, made me lose a lot of respect for the whole deal.

23. Diddy81

Diddy81 Walk On

Great stat. Ingram is a great back. I threw up in mouth a lil when Gary compared him to Emmitt (let's be serious).But I just think this is the year to give it to one of those other guys whose teams were not dominant like they did when Tebow won. They talk about giving it to McCoy for a career achievment but look at Spiller's stats he did a heck of a lot too.

24. GoGators

I thought so too, but if you actually look at Spiller's stats, excluding special teams, he's quite a ways behind Ingram, which really surprised me.

Lou Holtz was on Mike & Mike this morning and given he knows more than any of us about college football, his pick was Toby Gerhardt. The stats are there, he played on a team with a freshman QB so he was target #1 all season for defenses, yet he still was good enough to lead them to big wins over USC and Oregon. After looking at Spiller's stats, Gerhardt is my favorite.

25. Diddy81

Diddy81 Walk On

Ok I can roll with Gerhart. Ingram really only shutdown twice. Suh was dominant all season even with preseason hype and having his name thrown around as the number one pick 2010 draft, he lived up to expectations.

Suh or Gerhart for me though. Ingram's stats are not as impressive as Gerhart's and Gerharts's fits in with these past winners especially with 26 TD's.

Bush close to 2000 yards offense 1600+ rushing
    Dayne 1800+ yards
    Ricky 2300 Yards wow
    Eddie George over 1900 yards
    Salaam over 2k
    Barry Sanders 2850 including the bowl game
    Bo over 1700 yards
    Mike Rozier over 2100
    Herschel 1700+
    Marcus Allen 2300+
    George Rogers 1700+