Initial thoughts, observations, concerns on the game

Discussion in 'The Pride' started by UcanHateMeNow, Jul 9, 2013.

1. UcanHateMeNow

UcanHateMeNow 3rd Coast born that means we're Texas raised

• Like Like x 1
  2. UcanHateMeNow

Played 3 quarters of a game earlier and this are my very preliminary observations

• CPU O line is too strong. My D Line was getting no pressure what so ever. Going to have to knock this slider down
    • My O line was crap. I wasn't getting sacked every other pass attempt but I had far less time to scan the field as the CPU did
    • Passing seems at it was in last years game. Any INT I've thrown so far was due to me trying to jam a tight window
    • INT's, CPU picked off anything within their reach yet for me perfect break on the ball and my guy drops it
    • K State's RB was hard as hell to bring down. I will have to look at other backs and other games before I determine we need to adjust this but based on other comments we may have to
    • I was able to get decent running lanes and yardage. Was averaging about 3.2 yards a carry in the game I played

• Like Like x 1
  3. mikeL9286

mikeL9286 Walk On

This is from playing only 1 game online so far...

> Players seem pretty sluggish. Duke Johnson is one of the more explosive players in the game and he felt slow. This might just be me being used to the 2013 speed though.
    > I agree that my team's players dropped a ton of easy interceptions.

4. thegman2.0

thegman2.0 Walk On

what team was you playing ?cuz like texas am and ohio state and bama hell like o lines man and big o guys on it like nfl teams got'

oh i was playing vs bama during early release and yeldon gain 5.6 a carry vs me and it was v level cuz i was just playing the game again to see how it was feeling plus thats the default setting and i was using mizzou , so alabama offensive line is good in the game , some lines sucks and some are good or average u can in the game like real life , i got no idea how good your native texas longhorns offensive line going to be or defensive either

Last edited: Jul 10, 2013
  5. UcanHateMeNow

I was playing Texas vs Kansas State

• Like Like x 1
  6. thegman2.0

thegman2.0 Walk On

good gosh man i didnt know ksu hb was going be a beast and i guess ksu off line isnt bad in real life under sinder again as must got some big hogs for his off line for his hb and qb , as last year i saw his qb and hb ran thru most of big 12 , just happy we dont have a ksu and ku in here , or would drive me nuts man lol and i need to read what you said and put some glasses on or go get some lol

i like to see rest of my peers comments too and dont matter if was freshmen or v or jv or hesiman level , share that game play

Last edited: Jul 10, 2013
  7. RedAL925

RedAL925 TSL Commissioner

With the caveat that I'm not a good passer, it seems like my CBs are always trailing their WR, and my WRs are always blanketed by their CBs

8. UcanHateMeNow

I started a season where I'm tinkering with the sliders a bit. Only 1 game in but I'm pretty sure it is a work in progress.

9. mikeL9286

mikeL9286 Walk On

I don't know if it's as broken in 2014 as it was in 2013, but we should consider banning double move routes. I'd say it's the most broken thing in NCAA that you can run the same route over and over and break the defender's ankles every time.

10. LTL7360

LTL7360 Play hard for the name on your chest: Texas A&M

By double move, are you including sluggos, angles, or what?

11. cyhiphopp

cyhiphopp Walk On

It seems like the defense actually adjusts a bit if you get repetitive. I've had CBs jump a route or two when I've tried similar patterns in the same drive. Might not be as bad this year.

12. cyhiphopp

cyhiphopp Walk On

These are the sliders we are testing in Chompions Dynasty. They are pretty tough, but it forces but you see the occasional errant pass by CPU and User which is realistic and the CPU is less likely to go "Robo-QB" on you. It makes games where your team is at a significant talent disadvantage very tough and realistic. You have to play a hell of a game to upset Bama with a lesser team.

Gameplay: Heisman/Heisman
    Speed: Normal
    Threshold: 20

Penalties are all default except...
    Offsides: 55
    False Start: 55
    Holding: 55

Human/CPU
    QBA: 5/5
    PB: 50/50
    CTCH: 45/40
    RBA: 45/55
    RBLK: 35/35
    PC: 50/25
    INT: 50/50
    RUSHD: 55/55
    TACKLE: 50/50
    FGP: 40/40
    FGA: 40/40
    PP: 50/50
    PA: 50/50
    KP: 50/50

Might be a decent starting point or something else to try.

Last edited: Jul 11, 2013
  13. UcanHateMeNow

Similar to the ones I've been trying out thanks to iBleedOrange247 but some differences

Penalties - ALL at 100 except for following :
    Facemask - 60
    OPI - 55
    DPI - 55
    KR/PR Int. - 80
    Clipping - 55
    Int. Grnd - 55
    RTP - 54
    RTK - 54

User / CPU

QBA - 10(felt like 5 on normal sucked) / 5 (felt like CPU was too accurate)
    Pass Block - 50 / 45
    WR Cat - 40 / 35
    RBA - 45 / 60
    Run Block - 0 / 55
    Pass Cvrg - 65 / 70
    Int - 45 / 30
    Rush D - 55(changed from 60) / 100
    Tackle - 45 / 45
    FGP - 40 / 40
    FGA - 25 / 40
    Punt Power - 40 / 60
    Punt Acc. - 25 / 75
    Kickoff - 35 / 40

Have played a few games with it and I like these so far. I've beaten the teams I'm expected to beat and had to work to pull off an upset if I'm able to.

14. UcanHateMeNow

Additionally our sliders will be consistent to the point that you may lose against the CPU. If this is something you cannot handle then you need to check your ego at the door or you will be replaced.

• Like Like x 2
  15. mikeL9286

mikeL9286 Walk On

I haven't noticed sluggos being broken. Mainly the ones where the receiver is running his route vertically, fakes going one way, and then quickly changes direction. Most of the time someones running this against me, the receiver will almost be half way across the field before the DB even changes direction.

But if what cyhiphopp says is true, then it might be fine. I guess that's why we have the 2 week grace period before the dynasty starts up.

16. HoundsOfHowl

HoundsOfHowl Feed Me More....Football

I got my ass kicked last night as I should've against arkansas. Ill see how I play tonight and this weekend, my next 4 games IRL I should split 2-2. So that's what I'm expecting to see

• Like Like x 1
  17. krtgolfing

krtgolfing Moderator

Except I can not beat a Duke team when I am Clemson or FSU.. It's terrible...

18. Selvy9

Selvy9 Walk On

The only thought I had through my first few games isn't so much gameplay, but the coaches. I think we should either all create our own coach to start or use the default. It looks like default coaches already have some of those booster things when you start, created coaches start from scratch so if a handful of guys want to create one while others just start with the default, it might start things off on the wrong foot. I'd love for all of us to create our own and start from scratch, obviously different programs have different strengths but if we all start from the ground floor, it might make things a little more even starting out.

19. cyhiphopp

cyhiphopp Walk On

Makes sense. I need have a feeling that tOSU will be even tougher with a bunch of coaching bonuses!

20. cyhiphopp

cyhiphopp Walk On

We can either create new coaches or commish can edit existing coaches down to level 1

• Like Like x 2
  21. mikeL9286

mikeL9286 Walk On

I forgot that 2014 has coach bonuses. However it happens, we should all be on an even playing field.

• Like Like x 1
  22. Archie Griffin

Archie Griffin Walk On

This is a nice feature. I'd be for any coach balancing you guys might want.

Also:

You guys notice that the no huddle only lets you change formations within the same personnel groupings? I like this quite a bit. Does the CPU do the same thing? I remember hating it when they used to spread it out, and then line up in a big set on the next play, with WRs at TE and FB and that kind of thing. Much better if we can't pull that nonsense anymore.

23. krtgolfing

krtgolfing Moderator

Any clue when we are starting UcanHateMeNow

Trying to figure out when I need to decide on my final team and finalize the gameday preseason thread... Also so you can finalize the schedule.. Also any clue which roster set we will be using...

• Like Like x 1
  24. UcanHateMeNow

I would like to start by next Friday July 26 so we will need to start pinning down schedules by midweek. I was trying to wait to see if majesty95 has his final roster out as he is pretty accurate in this regard. If he does not have it ready by then we will roll with another option. I'm looking at a couple already out just in case.

• Like Like x 1
  25. UcanHateMeNow

Playing devils advocate in the coaches bonuses. I'm all for us all being on a level playing field in this regard but keep in mind that means all of us will be at a disadvantage to CPU coaches who probably will stay at their current levels.