Injured Reserve (IR)

Discussion in 'The Longest Yard' started by AgenT Smith, Sep 26, 2012.

1. AgenT Smith

AgenT Smith Walk On

Jun 7, 2012

You guys realize it is there for a reason, right? Looking through the injuries, I noticed a lot of guys have season-ending injuries (to my understanding, basically anything that looks like 18 weeks or more at this point).

Also to my understanding, using injured reserve frees up a roster spot. So yeah, some of you guys probably need that extra player for depth reasons.
  2. BlyGilmore

BlyGilmore It's All In The Hips!

Apr 9, 2009
    yup - putting a player on injured reserve allows you to keep them on your team, but free up a roster spot. the down side is it means they're done for the season.
  3. BirdDog1980

BirdDog1980 Walk On

Mar 27, 2012
    Yup, I put a guy on IR (Sammie Stroughter) and he was only injured for 5 games lol. He was a 67 rated WR and the lowest on my depth chart, I IR'd him and picked up a 76 WR in Free Agency. BAM! Strategery.

Stroughter's probably gonna get cut in the offseason anyways. His contract is up at the end of the year and I really have no use for him. Whats funny, is that now he's all healed up, the game says he had an "unknown type of injury" lol.
    Last edited: Sep 27, 2012
  4. Ace847

Ace847 Walk On

Jun 15, 2012
    And don't make a dumb mistake by accidentally putting the wrong guy on IR! I would have cut Larry English after that mistake but I would have taken a nasty cap penalty of over a million so I just kept him on IR.
  5. dakota7

dakota7 Former Blue Chip Recruit

Sep 23, 2009
    The salary of any player on IR still counts towards the cap, right?