Injured Reserve (IR)

Discussion in 'The Longest Yard' started by AgenT Smith, Sep 26, 2012.

1. AgenT Smith

AgenT Smith Walk On

[​IMG]

You guys realize it is there for a reason, right? Looking through the injuries, I noticed a lot of guys have season-ending injuries (to my understanding, basically anything that looks like 18 weeks or more at this point).

Also to my understanding, using injured reserve frees up a roster spot. So yeah, some of you guys probably need that extra player for depth reasons.

2. BlyGilmore

BlyGilmore It's All In The Hips!

yup - putting a player on injured reserve allows you to keep them on your team, but free up a roster spot. the down side is it means they're done for the season.

3. BirdDog1980

BirdDog1980 Walk On

Yup, I put a guy on IR (Sammie Stroughter) and he was only injured for 5 games lol. He was a 67 rated WR and the lowest on my depth chart, I IR'd him and picked up a 76 WR in Free Agency. BAM! Strategery.

Stroughter's probably gonna get cut in the offseason anyways. His contract is up at the end of the year and I really have no use for him. Whats funny, is that now he's all healed up, the game says he had an "unknown type of injury" lol.

Last edited: Sep 27, 2012
  4. Ace847

Ace847 Walk On

And don't make a dumb mistake by accidentally putting the wrong guy on IR! I would have cut Larry English after that mistake but I would have taken a nasty cap penalty of over a million so I just kept him on IR.

5. dakota7

dakota7 Former Blue Chip Recruit

The salary of any player on IR still counts towards the cap, right?