injured reserve rules?

Discussion in 'Thread Archive' started by saintsdave75, Jun 6, 2011.

1. saintsdave75

saintsdave75 Walk On

Oct 8, 2009
    Since this is the last season of madden 11, should we make any specific cap hit rules for players who have season ending injuries? It's week 2, and there are already 3 that I know off. the question is, can we just cut the player, take the regular cap it and that's it? I checked the IR rules and it doesn't specify if this is allowed or not. Just wanted to see what others think
  2. Jeremy

Jeremy The ONLY 2 time OMFL CHampion!!!!

Oct 8, 2009
    I think the NFL offers injury settlements to players but I would think it may be a little more than just cap hits. What about double cap hits?
    Teams pay the normal cap hit but also pay the same amount to the player for injury settlement?
    Players with no cap hit, we can add a stipulation of a minimum settlement offer of like $500k or something for those players.
  3. Coach KO

Coach KO Walk On

Sep 14, 2010
    Double cap hit for an injury settlement works for me with a minimum of $200k. Regardless of
  4. Winuvas

Winuvas OMFL Jets

Oct 8, 2009
    If the player was signed this past season as a free agent, they must put them on IR per IR rules as we do not allow cuts of free agents.

As far as season ending injuries of non-FA signees, I see no issue with just cutting the player outright if the team so chooses. I don't see why we have to add all this fru-fru and make capbook work that much more difficult.

Personally, I don't give a shit if they cut FA signees from this past year IF they are season ending injuries. Just give teams normal cap hits and move on. WHy fuss about it as it's the last season?

But then again I don't give a rat's ass about much involving Madden right now so take my opinion for what it's worth.