Injuries?

Discussion in 'The Longest Yard' started by Ace847, Oct 14, 2012.

1. Ace847

Ace847 Walk On

I'm not complaining but I noticed that Antonio Gates was in the game in the fourth quarter against the Browns when he was injured before the bye week for 8 weeks! Gates still had 6 weeks to go to be back but after the game I noticed that he was no longer on the injury report. This must be a glitch and possibly occurred after my bye week for some reason. Has this happened to anyone else or am I the only lucky one in the league? It looks like CWT 3000's bounty program wasn't as successful as he once thought! Gates is back and ready to start next week against the Chiefs. It looks like both our teams are healthy for our rematch JFace907. I'm not looking forward to Charles next week!

Last edited: Oct 14, 2012
  2. Randiesel75

Randiesel75 Walk On

I know there were early issues with injuries, but this was fixed with the last patch. I just checked the latest path details - due out this coming Tuesday - and nothing was mentioned in the area of injuries.

I'm hoping this was an isolated incident. Be interesting to see how your medical report looks once the week is advanced.

3. CWT 3000

CWT 3000 Walk On

I lost Bunkley for a long while that game as well and he is no longer injured! Woo-hoo.

4. Randiesel75

Randiesel75 Walk On

How long was he projected to be out?

5. CWT 3000

CWT 3000 Walk On

7 or 8 weeks. I think after last week all teams had no injuries. Only injuries I saw for any teams were ones that had played their game this week.

6. JSimms

JSimms TLY Season 1 Champs!

It sounds like the update came with a reset of all injuries..noticed that in the rest of my leagues as well.

7. Randiesel75

Randiesel75 Walk On

Thanks for the update.

Let's keep an eye on this. If others still see odd behavior as relates to injuries, or anything for the matter, please let me know.

8. CHUNKNESS

CHUNKNESS Commissioner Quality Simulation Football

We've had to keep track of injuries manually in 12th Man and enforce a mandatory bench period for any players injured. The injuries seem to reset anytime an owner toggles their team auto pilot on and off or when the commissioner performs an administrative action within the online CCM.

9. JSimms

JSimms TLY Season 1 Champs!

I like this approach. I was actually enjoying getting some of my rookies some playing time in place of injured stars. Perhaps we need to start an injury thread that needs to be updated weekly?

10. Randiesel75

Randiesel75 Walk On

Yep, trying to find details on if and when this will be patched. If nothing, we will start tracking this through a Google Spreadsheet as soon as we hit season #2.

11. Kidofcrash23

Kidofcrash23 Walk On

If AP is causing injuries to wipe away, probably should have to manage manually then

I think the easiest way to do it is have every owner that have injuries, needs to update their team management thread with injuries every week so that one person should not be responsible for all the injuries. Then each respective conference president should just confirm.

What this does is put the responsibility on each of the owners and also highlight whether in owner is keeping their stuff up to date or not.

Format could be

name
    injury
    length
    week injured
    week eligible for return

12. Randiesel75

Randiesel75 Walk On

Yep, will have this updated in a Google Spreadsheet tracker whereby visibility can be linked into a thread. This would be similar to how are rules and roster thread is (which I managed as owners come and go).

13. Ace847

Ace847 Walk On

After loosing Floyd this week and realizing there are some issues with injuries I hope that no one takes advantage of the glitch if your player gets dinged up. It sucks loosing a guy but it would suck even more if someone else lost one of their players and purposefully reset their team injuries.

Also, what are we going to do about all the other teams who have had their players injuries reset? I don't think anyone has any injured players right now because they were also reset after the recent update...

14. Randiesel75

Randiesel75 Walk On

See above post, we will start tracking this once season-2 hits. I am in the midst of creating a spreadsheet tracker whereby all teams will be ask to self-service their injuries.

15. Ace847

Ace847 Walk On

Cool, but what about this season? Are we just going to go with no injuries or what? Are there any other teams with injured players reset? Gates was injured earlier in the season and had a few games left on the bench but ended up in my game against the Browns without me knowing why because of a reset after the recent update. This had nothing to do with autopilot but still got erased. Should we be putting our players from before on the bench? I cant remember exactly when Gates was supposed to be back but it should be soon.

16. Randiesel75

Randiesel75 Walk On

I was never on AP, but I had injury resets after the patch on the online CCM.

17. Brandon S.

Brandon S. Freshmen Phenoms Commissioner

I heard somewhere that injuries reset league wide when settings are adjusted or when a coach enters the league or retires. Not entirely positive though.

18. Ace847

Ace847 Walk On

So what about my recent injury and other team's recent injuries? Is there going to be procedures on this or are we just going to regulate this next season? I don't want to be without my top WR if other teams are going to just have their injuries reset. I don't mind managing injured players but I think it needs to be addressed so all teams declare injuries and not reset them. I know this is going to happen next season but just checking on what I should do now.

19. Ace847

Ace847 Walk On

This is crazy...

20. Ace847

Ace847 Walk On

I'm okay with just not worrying about injuries this season due to all the guys who have been released from injury throughout this year already. Its not an even playing field and is impossible to go back over all the injuries thus far. But I will do whatever the league managers decide. Just let me know guys, thanks.

21. Randiesel75

Randiesel75 Walk On

Exactly, for season-2 we will capture at the onset.

22. Ace847

Ace847 Walk On

Okay cool. Floyd is back from a miraculous recovery and will be suiting up for the huge game next week against the Bengals!

23. Randiesel75

Randiesel75 Walk On

Coaches,

Here's a little something I am working on to manage our injuries for season-2 . The thought is to stick a thread up in the Team Management page and publish the injury tracker through Google Drive.

All I ask is that the owners update the thread with team injuries and I will manage the spreadsheet tracker.

Last edited: Oct 28, 2012
  24. Ace847

Ace847 Walk On

Everyone has said that injuries are reset after toggling autopilot on and then off but that didn't work for me... I only did this because I got the OK to do so (see above) but why isn't it working? Maybe I will be the only team with an injury.... Any suggestion CHUNKNESS? We aren't recording injuries until season 2 so helping me out on this isn't cheating. No other team has an injury except for me... Thanks for your help whoever responds to this!

25. Ace847

Ace847 Walk On

Should I leave my team on auto for the advance or will that sim my practice and other things? Or will the advance of the week by the commish just erase the injury it if I leave it how it is now?