Injury Glitch

Discussion in 'Locker Room' started by Kapono, Jul 25, 2011.

1. Kapono

Kapono Walk On

Just wondering if anybody is doing anything about this. Of course it's impossible to make someone sit out a guy who should be injured because you wouldn't be able to see someone else's injury. In my dynasty RMG, Utah QB Jordan Wynn's out 12 weeks and my backup is a 69 compared to 89. I'm thinking about just benching Wynn the rest of the year to be fair, but does anybody or any league usually have people bench supposedly injured players who are healthy the next week. I'd rather not sit him unless other people are doing the same.

2. Randiesel75

Randiesel75 Walk On

Why are you concerned with what others are doing when each OD operates under its own set of rules? Perhaps best to post in your OD forum pages to get clarity on how your league is handling this. Consequently, your QB concerns will be answered.

3. Kapono

Kapono Walk On

Well, I've already done that. This isn't something that's defined by anybody's rules really because we never had to deal with it until NCAA12.

4. Shaun Mason

Shaun Mason Somebody you used to know.

Featured Threads:
    We aren't going to institute site wide rules for a bug that will be patched.

5. Iron Mickey

Iron Mickey I'd take her out for some casadias

This ^^^

6. Kasper

Kasper The Ghost Himself

I think he is just wondering what other leagues are doing..

7. jello1717

jello1717 "Those who stay will be champions." -- Bo

In our OD, this issue has already been discussed and decided upon. As Randiesel75 said, it depends on what your particular OD is doing about it. In our dynasty, we decided this would be way too much of a pain in the ass to keep track of (especially since a 4 wk injury could mean 4 wks or 8 wks) so we're just playing everyone until the bug is fixed.

8. Steamer43

Steamer43 Cleveland Steamer

9. Hova

Hova Live Action. YiYiYi!

Injuries dont work? lmao NICE

10. Archie Griffin

Archie Griffin Walk On

This is what we're doing also. When you look at it, if you bench a starter who is supposedly injured, unless that guy is a senior, he's likely to transfer at the end of the year, whereas an injured player is far less likely to move on. So, if you bench a guy in an effort to be fair, you're really hurting your team much more that you probably should.

No good fix. We are playing our guys until the patch comes out.

• Like Like x 1
  11. Bamaboiking

Bamaboiking Walk On

they dont have to patch injuries it can fixed via tuners

12. NYJuggalo45

NYJuggalo45 Walk On

how can you tune it so it works? guys are getting injured...the injuries are just not carrying over to the next/subsequent games. there is a way to correct this?

13. Bamaboiking

Bamaboiking Walk On

ahhh i misread i thought it was too many injuries i know they can tune frequency and other aspects.

14. Drifterbub

Drifterbub Help me hide a body?

Featured Threads:
    Yeah, this will have to be patched. Hopefully it's a server-side thing.

15. NYJuggalo45

NYJuggalo45 Walk On

do we know if EA is aware? Seriously though...how does this get missed in testing. Did they even test dynasty mode? Injuries happen almost every game...did they play one week then go "Ok testing done" and not advance to next week?

• Like Like x 1
  16. jnewcomer5

jnewcomer5 Walk On

This glitch is mind boggling to me too.... Ever hear of Beta Testing???? Oh wait OD is in Beta mode now... *sigh*

17. jkhaalis991

jkhaalis991 Back in The Deuce...been gone too long.

Have to agree with Juggs. This is a major bug & the game has been out for 2 weeks, I would think EA would address it(If they already have, good)& let us know they are aware & it would be fixed in the next patch. I love NCAA, EA you dropped the ball on this to let this bug get through.

18. BlyGilmore

BlyGilmore It's All In The Hips!

lol folks should know by now EA doesn't test this kind of stuff. they have some computer that runs tests and rubberstamps shit for them. if you look at the dynasty over the years its every apparent nobody sits down and sims out a few years just to see what happens.

19. jello1717

jello1717 "Those who stay will be champions." -- Bo

For this bug, simming wouldn't even catch it since simmed injuries are fine. Someone would actually have to play the game, have someone get injured for multiple weeks, and then notice that the injury didn't stick. I know that some people didn't even notice the injuries weren't sticking until they read about the bug on here or OS.

20. Erik the Red

Erik the Red Walk On

I have noticed that the player who is said to be out for 7 weeks with a ruptured testicle, who due to some feat of what can only be Magic is healthy to play has a tendency to get hurt again and again and again. happened to me with my QB and every game he was healthy he got hurt after like one or two hits. of course the game would say he was out for another 3 weeks only to return in the fourth quarter without me puting him in??? I do care about my players (hahahaha) but the game won't let me take care of them :(