Injury settings

Discussion in 'Rookie Symposium' started by BrewBomber, Sep 16, 2013.

1. BrewBomber

BrewBomber Walk On

Is changing the slider on this up for debate? Either that or fatigue, or both? Auto Subs do not work right, and it's taking the fun out of this game. The Packers lost Aaron Rodgers for 6 weeks, Clay Matthews for 7 weeks, Jermichael Finley for 8 weeks, Brad Jones for 7 weeks and James Jones for 7 weeks. All starters. Not to mention all of the injuries in game. This is ridicules.

2. LeGeNd RiPs

LeGeNd RiPs Is it football season yet?

The injuries are kinda ridiculous.

• Like Like x 1
  3. oneshot24

oneshot24 Walk On

Yea i think the Injuries or Fatigue sliders should be adjusted slightly.

4. whatspeakyou

whatspeakyou Walk On

I've told a lot of people this, but I am a nazi about my players and their fatigue. if they're yellow, they're not on the field. I also have had 1 freak injury this year with a concussion. Maybe the sliders do need to be adjusted, but I also would probably be accurate to assume that folks aren't taking as many necessary steps to prevent fatigue as they should be in the league's current state.

Freak injuries obviously don't apply here and some folks are just having bad luck.

5. lere2001

lere2001 Walk On

I've only had 3 starters injured. My DT was gone for 3, my C for 4 an DeSean Jackson for 5. That's not bad for football though.

6. whatspeakyou

whatspeakyou Walk On

Especially considering the amount of injuries that happened in the pre-season this year. If you had an ACL, it tore.

7. Anthrax78

Anthrax78 Walk On

I'm on the fence about this issue. I like the fact that fatigue and risk of injury is a thing you have to look for but hate seeing guys losing their best playes because of it as well. In reality, most teams lose at least 3 starters during any season since a lot of times the teams that stay healthy the most are usually sniffing the superbowl if they have talent.

Even if the auto-subs are not working properly, I usually change out guys that get dark yellow manually in main formations until they become green again just to proceed with caution.

8. Coachmedicis

Coachmedicis Walk On

i had 10 players injured for last weeks game...but i'm the opposite, i like the injuries...it is realistic. my biggest complaint is most got injured on a sim. Did you guys see this week in NFL? Plenty of players got hurt. We are a sim league trying to emulate what happens on Sundays and I think injuries are a part of the game and need to stay where they are at.

9. oneshot24

oneshot24 Walk On

In my game 2day on 1 defensive drive all my players were yellow orange or red and they were out there a total of 9 snaps and thats with taking a few guys out on the drive from that point on i had 1-3 ppl that were blue at a time. I called timeouts subbed but literally my whole defense was tired, this was the first time i saw it that bad maybe a few points on the fatigue slider will help but just hope i dnt see it that bad cause my defense was horrible lol couldn't get off blocks or stick with Receivers.

10. LeGeNd RiPs

So the real problem is the stamina slider, not injury.

11. oneshot24

oneshot24 Walk On

IMO yea slightly

12. AwaLL

AwaLL Walk On

I also like the injuries, and yes i know i have none, but if i did i still wouldnt complain. I like the realism of it, and having to have depth to be successful. Im also very very careful with my subs, if my guys are orange or red they arent gonna be on the field.

13. whatspeakyou

whatspeakyou Walk On

I wouldn't mind the fatigue slider getting bumped up a tad, but that's just because I'd like to focus less on my subs during games.

14. BrewBomber

BrewBomber Walk On

So everybody subs out their starting QB? I'm not complaining, it's just not realistic.

• Like Like x 1
  15. whatspeakyou

whatspeakyou Walk On

No? What are you doing with your QB that tires him out so quickly? My QB has never been below light blue.

EDIT: If you're running a decent amount of read option and your QB is keeping it, that's running + taking hits, so yeah that'll probably do it. Otherwise, I have no idea why your QB is tired.

Last edited: Sep 16, 2013
  16. lere2001

lere2001 Walk On

List of injured QB's this season:
    Aaron Rodgers - GB

• Like Like x 1
  17. LeGeNd RiPs

Lmfao

18. kdpnutter

kdpnutter Walk On

In order to get auto subs to work, you need to set them not in the franchise itself but on the main settings. Leave the auto-subs at there normal inside the franchise, as it goes off the auto-subs that are made on your main settings. This will help alleviate your auto subs issue.

• Like Like x 1
  19. oneshot24

oneshot24 Walk On

Ill have 2 check this out thanks

• Like Like x 1
  20. whatspeakyou

whatspeakyou Walk On

Doing a little research, it seems auto-subs are still broken like that. They work, but due to the fact that EA never intended games to be played as long as we play them, your starters will never see the field in the 4th quarter unless your sub out settings are REALLY low, thus increasing risk for injury.

Basically the only way to do handle this is formation subs (unless they patch it).

21. RRAHx2

RRAHx2 Cleared for Takeoff

I don't use auto-subs, but my injuries in user games have been decent. guys have to use common sense when subbing guys out. I mean if one of my guys is fatigued, I sub him out or run a play that doesn't involve him. I lost Demarco Murray for 6 weeks and Tony Romo 2 times, Bruce Carter broke a fore-arm, and Sean Lee had an injury also so far this season. Guys have to be more aware of what is going on with their players. Not to mention there is an injury and toughness rating to consider!

Do you guys watch the NFL? Why do you think HB's, D-Linemen, WR's get subbed in and out constantly? Because guys get tired! If your players are tired on defense, well try to run more clock with your offense, if your offense is tired, call a timeout. By the 4th quarter, yes, obviously everyone on the field is yellow/orange, cuzthey have played 45 mins of football already!

I will lower the fatigue a point or 2, but be weary of your players, guys.

22. Coachmedicis

Coachmedicis Walk On

Dont lower....people need to be aware of this stuff and make adjustments....

23. whatspeakyou

whatspeakyou Walk On

If anything I'd do it 1 point. Not 2.

24. BrewBomber

BrewBomber Walk On

Wasn't saying anything about my QB being tired. Just making the point that it isn't just the fatigue that causes injuries.

25. Coachmedicis

Coachmedicis Walk On

Could be the way you are playing too. Taking too many hits.