Injury Updates

Discussion in 'Thread Archive' started by EaglesIrish5, Mar 31, 2010.

1. EaglesIrish5

EaglesIrish5 Walk On

Injury Updates

Since we are using live rosters we must have a place to post the good and bad news that goes along with injuries.

Post any injury related MLB news that effects you or your rival here.

Lance Berkman-Astros placed 1B Lance Berkman on the 15-day disabled list, retroactive to March 26, due to left knee surgery.

Berkman underwent an arthroscopic procedure on his left knee in early March and has not yet fully healed. In fact, his knee swelled up when he took ground balls and attempted to run on Tuesday. Geoff Blum is likely to fill in at first base for the week or two that Big Puma is out.

Marc Rzepczynski has been diagnosed with a fractured middle finger and is expected to miss up to six weeks.

Brad Lidge (knee, elbow) was given a cortisone shot Wednesday and won't try long-tossing again until Friday.

Ian Kinsler (ankle) will likely begin the season on the disabled list.

Kinsler has yet to run since suffering a high right ankle sprain on March 12. He said on Monday that he does not want to play if he can only jog. "Whatever we decide is going to be in the best interest of Ian," Rangers manager Ron Washington said. No official decision has been made, but fantasy owners would be wise to have a backup plan to start the season.

Alberto Callaspo-Royals manager Trey Hillman isn't sure when Alberto Callaspo (oblique) will be able to return to the lineup.

"We’re going to get a better read (Sunday)," said Hillman. "It’s usually 24-48 (hours before you know). He came in feeling a lot better, and it wasn’t that bad (on Friday). We still think it’s going to be OK." If the injury is revealed to be a strained oblique muscle, it's possible that he could need a stint on the disabled list. With Alex Gordon also sidelined due to a broken thumb, that would mean Josh Fields would open the season as the starting third baseman.

Alex Gordon-The Royals announced Wednesday that Alex Gordon (thumb) will not open the season on the 25-man roster.
    Gordon is currently recovering from a broken right thumb. He'll likely be placed on the disabled list to start the season, though he does have options remaining. Alberto Callaspo, who some in the organization think could actually be a better option than a healthy Gordon, will man third base in the interim.

Joe Nathan underwent successful Tommy John surgery in New York on Friday.

Dr. David Altcheck replaced Nathan's ulnar collateral ligament with a ligament from his left wrist. He will miss the entire 2010 season, but if all goes well with his rehab, he should be back around this time next year. Jon Rauch is his most likely replacement in the interim, though the Twins are reportedly discussing other options.

2. EaglesIrish5

EaglesIrish5 Walk On

Joe Blanton was forced to cut his throwing session short on Wednesday due to a possible oblique injury.

"He may have tweaked it," said general manager Ruben Amaro, Jr. "We'll check him out tomorrow [Thursday]." If Blanton is forced to begin the year on the disabled list, Kyle Kendrick would take his spot in the rotation.

3. EaglesIrish5

EaglesIrish5 Walk On

Alex Gordon (thumb) will begin the season on the disabled list, the Kansas City Star reports.

Spin: Even though he'll start the season on the shelf, Gordon is progressing well and hopes to be able to play in the Royals' Triple-A opener on April 8. Look for him to be back with KC before the calendar turns to May.

4. Diddy81

Diddy81 Walk On

Not my team but Jose Reyes will begin the season on the DL.

5. EaglesIrish5

EaglesIrish5 Walk On

Same with Brandon Webb. I think that one hurts alot.

6. Diddy81

Diddy81 Walk On

Huston Street as well . . .

7. Diddy81

Diddy81 Walk On

Blanton is indeed going DL

8. controllerabuser

controllerabuser Purple People Eaters

So, are we not allowed to use these guys?

9. Emmdotfrisk

Emmdotfrisk Working half days on my days off.

I would say go ahead and use them but at some point they will be removed from the "live" roster. I think they are holding out to release opening day rosters next week. I plan on keeping my roster consistent with real life just because thats how I am haha.

10. zook

zook Walk On

Rays placed JP Howell on the DL. May be out till late May. Matt Joyce placed on the 15 day DL.

11. zook

zook Walk On

Orioles Placed P Koji Uehara on the 15 Day DL

12. JerzeyReign

JerzeyReign #BeatOhio

Well at least I got a quality start outta Blanton before he hits the Show's DL, lol

13. EaglesIrish5

EaglesIrish5 Walk On

Royals placed 3B Alex Gordon on the 15-day disabled list, retroactive to March 26, with a broken right thumb.

Royals placed RHP Gil Meche on the 15-day disabled list, retroactive to March 26, with right shoulder bursitis.

The Angels announced Saturday that Scott Kazmir (shoulder) will open the season on the 15-day disabled list.

Rockies placed LHP Jeff Francis on the 15-day disabled list with left arm soreness.

14. Colemanchu

Colemanchu GOAT SPLITTER

I don't know how you can hurt your arm if you throw like a girl.

15. EaglesIrish5

EaglesIrish5 Walk On

The same can be said about Gil Meche.

Everybody moves up a start with Meche on the DL. Yuck.