Inside The Game, Rules, Sliders, Rosters, Settings

Discussion in 'Thread Archive' started by LeatherHelmets, Jul 17, 2011.

1. LeatherHelmets

LeatherHelmets Walk On

POST QUESTIONS/COMMENTS ABOUT THE GAME, SLIDER SETTINGS, GAME RULES, ROSTERS BEING USED, OVERALL SETTINGS.

2. Fred Limbo

Fred Limbo MVP

Fellas after talking with Leatherhelmets we have decided that it is in the leagues best intrest to wait on buckeye02's roster before starting the OD. Buckeye and his team have been working long hours daily since the games release. Updating the rosters to get them as close to accurate as they can. The will not be perfect but will be WAY better than EA's rosters.

This will mean that the ones of you that have recieved a invite and joined the OD will have to redo this and any pre-season things you have done.

These rosters will be named and most of the possition changes and player transfers will be correct. Ie. T Prior will not be on Ohio St. and R. Willson will be on Wisconsin, the list goes on and on ... new freshmen that where not on EA's release day rosters will be added and jesrsy #'s and equipment looks will also be updated along with dreads being add and removed respectivly.

We are doing this in efforts to make the game have a sim feel and to be as realistic as we can. I hope this does not confuse anyone and if you guys are gamers like me it will mean a lot to you to have correct rosters.

We are expecting great things in this OD
    Expect a OD invite as soon as we get the rosters and after you have met the requirments that Leatherhelments has set in
    http://forums.traditionsportsonline...-need-to-do-next-this-week.58345/#post-627933

LeatherHelmets
    Fred Limbo
    Andrew
    ChampDawg
    poppin_fresh365
    trustandfall
    DentalMonsterUM
    Steve
    Fatleg3
    calirage
    HAL9100
    partypuck

3. LeatherHelmets

LeatherHelmets Walk On

4. LeatherHelmets

LeatherHelmets Walk On

Updated....either late today or tomorrow, rosters still being finalized

5. LeatherHelmets

LeatherHelmets Walk On

The new roster from Buckeye-Gator V1 has been downloaded, the new OD is in place, we are reviewing rosters, setup.

Invites will go to coaches who have at a minimum posted to the Rules thread sign off...

Lets get working on and completing the pre season tasks in the content and OD by Sun 11 p.m. so we can advance to week 1...will do so earlier if everyone is ready...

Thanks for your patience....invites will be going out by 7 a.m. CST

LeatherHelmets
    Fred Limbo
    Andrew
    poppin_fresh365
    trustandfall
    DentalMonsterUM
    Steve
    Fatleg3
    calirage
    HAL9100
    partypuck

6. LeatherHelmets

LeatherHelmets Walk On

7. Fred Limbo

Fred Limbo MVP

8. Fatleg3

Fatleg3 Walk On

Are we going to wait on version 2 with the corrections

9. Fred Limbo

Fred Limbo MVP

No

10. LeatherHelmets

LeatherHelmets Walk On

As Fred noted, "No'...we chatted this mornig and decided that we wait much longer we could lose coaches....looks like we have a second opening...

11. HAL9100

HAL9100 TSO's Resident Antagonist

Featured Threads:
    Updated my recruiting board to represent that. And yeah, lets get this started.

12. LeatherHelmets

LeatherHelmets Walk On

Season 1 Schedule: Coaches....if you have a FCS team on your schedule, I would approve a schedule change if you requested prior to the start of the season...

If you want a CPU game or user to user that would work.....these FCS games usually do not offer much competition and lower the value of your strength of schedule..

We have some flex with both teams having a FCS team and byes....

13. Fred Limbo

Fred Limbo MVP

4th game of the year I play Florida Atlantic .... I would love a user game is anyone wants to step up.....or put me against any top 25 team would be fine.

14. calirage

calirage Walk On

im always down for user games, makes it more interesting imho. Also just throwing this out there, but does anyone else prefer playing with the speed threshold at a lower level, meaning that faster players are faster. Its just my opinion that college ball is not like the NFL and the fastest guys in college are way faster than the slower guys. I have been playing with it at 50 and like last year I find it a little out of whack. There is no way LB's should be hawking my fast WR's and Rb's unless we are talking about a very fast LB. I usually play with it at 40 or 30 in my offline dynastys. More big plays, but really it feels more like real college football imho. Thoughts?

The default sliders on AA this year,are much better. The ea team did a better job of tuning the game than last year in the beginning. Imho last years default AA sliders were horrible. So far this year is not too bad, but I just started playing a dynasty offline.

15. LeatherHelmets

LeatherHelmets Walk On

Sliders are set for season 1....we will discuss as we go along during season 1 and look at adjustments for Season 2.

Thx.

16. LeatherHelmets

LeatherHelmets Walk On

Your FCS game is week 12....you could change to a stronger team there or make that your bye week....then pick up another game in Week 10....

Next season we will allow changing non conference games, to strengthen schedules more user games....this season keeping it simple, the FCS games

17. Fred Limbo

Fred Limbo MVP

My bad I thought Florida A was FCS.....Just change my FCS school to a top 25 team or a user I dont care who are where.......any takers? War Eagle.

18. LeatherHelmets

LeatherHelmets Walk On

How about Nebraska, they are ranked #16 and available

19. Fred Limbo

Fred Limbo MVP

sounds great

20. LeatherHelmets

LeatherHelmets Walk On

Neb was not available after I took a second look, the highest ranked team between the two dates, open and the FCS game was Norte Dame #21...so I made the change.

21. LeatherHelmets

LeatherHelmets Walk On

Using the Online Dynasty Web Site; My experience with this access has been inconsistent from a reliability standpoint....in the future the commish is supposed to be able to advance via the web, feature is NA as of now....

I have tried the Supersim function, you have to buy that, it is slow and tedious...

The one good feature right now is that you can set up email notifications which are helpful, so I would do that.

22. HAL9100

Featured Threads:
    Just had a situation come up and I'm not sure what to do in the future or if something needs to be done.

At RB, I've got James White(91 rating) and Montee Ball(90 rating). I want them to essentially split the carries 50-50. I figured the easiest way to do this was to utilize formation subs. So I did that and it worked great in the 1st half. But then I was up 24-0 at the half, so I did a mass off/def sub to put in the 2nd string. Initially, it looked like all it did was put Montee Ball in for all the carries. I got halfway through the 3rd quarter and decided I didn't want him in there, so I put my 3rd string RB up into 1st on the depth chart but all that did was replace James White in the formation subs. So then I figured I could put my 4th string RB into the 2nd string spot and that should replace Ball...but it didn't. I wasn't able to get Ball out of the lineup and ended up trying to avoid formations that he was in. So here's what I'm trying to figure out and how to place it within the rules:

-Do I have two 1st string RBs and both would need to be benched in this scenario, do I have no real 1st string RB and both can keep playing the whole game if I wanted, or is James White the only one I should be concerned with as a 1st string RB and is the only one that should be benched?
    -And if it's the 1st one, what should I do with Ball?

23. LeatherHelmets

LeatherHelmets Walk On

Thanks for the details and this is a great question....first of all thanks for making the effort to keep the score down, thats in the true sim spirit and practice in TSO/HOFL.

We all know that using subs in a game won is also going to help prevent senseless injuries to a starter....

The one strategy that you may have used/could have used is the chew the clock setting, use that when the game is well under your control.

You are certainly within the game rules, TSO/HOFL rules, spirit/application of sim to have two back spilit carries.....

As we had discussed earlier in another post you put your best players out there for a given situation....in college and the pros these days the running back by committee model has kind of taken over...you may have 2-3 backs rotating through...so IMO the score/situation, do you have control of the game takes on greater importance.

In this game I would see your top RBs as being on the bench, mainly to save them from being injured, give your subs experience, keep the score down....there is nothing to be gained by having them in there...

The question is how.....I am going to have to test this out myself in a game...

24. LeatherHelmets

LeatherHelmets Walk On

As I understand your narrative formation subs over ride depth chart changes and mass subs only work when there are no formation subs, coupled with depth chart change

A possible solution;

1. Prior to the game select a formation that you rarely use, that would be good for chewing up the clock, ball control...

Using your #3 and #4 backs on the depth chart put them in as formation subs

2. Once its clear you are going to win the game; Mass sub 2nd offense, even though Ball is seen by the system as the #2 back, 2nd offense, the formation subs, #3 and #4 backs should be in place and over ride his playing

3. Then use your Blow Out Formation, you should be able to run any play

Thoughts?

25. HAL9100

Featured Threads:
    Yes, it seems as though the formation subs are taking precedence over the depth chart.

For that solution, what concerns me is that I'll likely be a run first offense with this team already, so there may not be any good formations to designate as a blowout formations. It's an interesting idea though. I suppose I could pick one formation and designate that for my 4th string RB. Then I would basically do what I did above and get my 3rd string RB into the game in James White's spots and get all those other formations.

It seems kind of an odd way to accomplish that though.