Inside The Illini

Discussion in 'Game Summaries' started by trevorg234, Jun 13, 2012.

1. trevorg234

trevorg234 Walk On

[​IMG]
    Your Home Of Fighting Illini Football Coverage
    [​IMG]

Last edited: Aug 12, 2012
  2. trevorg234

trevorg234 Walk On

Breaking News From Champaign
    Champaign, IL--Breaking news this morning: Just days after firing head coach Tim Beckman, Illinois has hired former Wisconsin head coach Trevor Glisan. The move brings no surprise around the country as it was well documented that he was unhappy in Wisconsin, and he was an "Illinois man" from day one. ​
    Glisan won the Rose Bowl in a 9-3 campaign in just his first year as a FBS head coach. ​
    This is a move that brings excitement to the fan base for once. The program finally seems to have some direction and stability since Glisan was quoted as saying, "Now that I have the job of my dreams, I'm never going anywhere; it's a dream come true." He is known as a solid recruiter and runs a balanced offense which should attract recruits looking to go to the NFL once their collegiate career is over.​
    [​IMG]

3. trevorg234

trevorg234 Walk On

[​IMG]
    4-Star Defensive Tackle Follows Glisan to Champaign
    In what might be the most significant news of the offseason, DT Bryan Torres has chosen to decline the scholarship offer from Wisconsin and sign with the University of Illinois. Torres is listed as a mere #16 at his position, but many talent evaluators call him the biggest defensive sleeper in this year's class.
    "If I was to grade him on a 100-scale, I'd call him an 80 right now which makes him the best on that D-line already," one Rivals.com writer had to say.
    Torres was the crown jewel of Glisan's recruiting class with the Badgers until it became clear that there would be a coaching change. Torres chose to wait out the wave of coaching changes until everything settled. "The most important thing to Bryan was academics, and there are few places that do it better than Illinois," Glisan had to say.
    It is assumed that Torres will start alongside fellow 4-star defensive lineman Adam Grimes this year. Illinois will have one of the youngest defensive lines in the country, but it is expected to be tremendously talented for years to come.

Last edited: Aug 12, 2012
  4. trevorg234

trevorg234 Walk On

Illini Start New Era With Upset Victory
    [​IMG][​IMG]
    Illinois 49 -- Washington 30
    The new era of Illinois football began with a bang this week. The Fighting Illini upset the #15 Washington Huskies by a score of 49-30 in a wild, offensive showdown.

QB Nathan Scheelhaase's first pass attempt was picked off and returned for a touchdown, leading to many groans from the crowd. After that point the senior went on to play very well, going 12-17 for 204 yards 1 td 1 int.

The real star of the offense was true freshman Cory Wood. Both of the top-two running backs on Illinois's depth chart (Young and Ferguson) went down with injuries so the youngster had to step up in his first collegiate game. He was able to gain 94 yards on 12 carries while scoring 3 touchdowns and picking up large chucks of yardage after contact.

Defensively the Illini were led by star senior MLB Jonathan Brown who recorded 13 tackles, 4 tfl, and 2 sacks. Prized recruit Adam Grimes landed the first two sacks of his career as well.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Player of the game
    RB Cory Wood
    12 carries 94 yards 3 touchdowns
    [​IMG]