Inside the NFL: Season 2

Discussion in 'Thread Archive' started by dj illmatic 23, Nov 7, 2012.

1. dj illmatic 23

dj illmatic 23 Walk On

Welcome to the first installment of Inside the NFL. We will look at the stories making news around the league. We begin with the question on everyone's mind:​
    Can the Ravens Repeat?
    [​IMG]
    Can the defending Super Bowl Champions make it two in a row? This year will be much tougher without the heart and soul of their team Ray Lewis and Ed Reed. Losing the best MLB in league history leaves a huge hole to fill. Jameel McClain will try and fill those shoes. Ed Reed could leave a much bigger void, as he always had a nose for the ball. The Ravens hope rookie SS Jordan Sherrod can make those plays that Reed always seemed to make. The new veteran leaders of the defense aren't too shabby. Haloti Ngata and Terrell Suggs will have to step up and provide the veteran leadership Lewis and Reed brought to the table for so many years.
    While the Ravens offense is in transition with the loss of two Hall of Fame players, the offense has it's future in front of it. Second year QB Ryan Tannehill looks to improve on a storybook year, but it will be hard to duplicate last season. He will look to WR's Anquan Boldin, Torrey Smith, and Brandon Tate to make plays in the air. Meanwhile, HB Ray Rice will still get the bulk of the touches in the running game. The big question for the Ravens is their offensive line. Their left side is relatively weak, and could be an issue if they can't keep Tannehill upright.

Spotlight on the Rooks
    [​IMG][​IMG]
    Two high profile rookies come into the league with huge expectations on their back. The Browns hope WR Clifton Faulk can be the answer to all the receiver problems they had last year. Faulk has unbelievable speed, and gets off the line in a blur. However, he will more than likely see double teams early on as the rest of the Browns receivers are the same guys that made the Browns draft Faulk in the first place. Minnesota hopes QB Robb Bell will solve the QB problem they've had since Brett Favre retired for the 3,467th time. Bell has a cannon for an arm, and will benefit from having the best HB in football to take some of the pressure off his shoulders. These two guys definitely look like the future of the league, but can they make their teams contenders now?
    Stay tuned for further installments of Inside the NFL.

Last edited: Nov 8, 2012
    • Like Like x 4
  2. Black Republican

Black Republican TMFL Commish -- **ISYMFS** --

Good write up, AFC is tough, we have one of the' hardest schedules this year no doubt. Gonna be a long year!

3. Jmustang1968

Jmustang1968 Walk On

Check the discussion thread and look at my schedule. No way I am repeating as the division champ this year.

4. Black Republican

Black Republican TMFL Commish -- **ISYMFS** --

I'll have to log in the game, I glanced at mine... Shit was ugly haha

5. dj illmatic 23

dj illmatic 23 Walk On

Jmustang1968 I named the thread wrong. It should read "Season 2" not 1. Is this something you have the power to fix for me, or do I need to tag someone else?

6. dj illmatic 23

dj illmatic 23 Walk On

Now that everyone has a few games under their belts, it's time for another installment of Inside the NFL

Hot Starts
    [​IMG]
    Several teams have gotten off to great starts. The Panthers, Titans, Ravens, Dolphins, and Lions all sit at 5-1, but only the New England Patriots remain undefeated at 5-0. Like always, the Pat's are led by QB Tom Brady who has thrown for 11 TD's so far this season. The pick-up of HB LeGarrette Blount has provided more power to the running game. Blount is averaging 4.3 yards per carry so far this season. Barring any last minute coaching additions, the Patriots should continue their hot start as two of their next 3 games are against the CPU.
    Making Room in his Trophy Case
    [​IMG]
    Last year's league MVP has picked up right where he left off with 17 TD's and only 2 int's so far. Stafford has the Lions looking like definite Super Bowl contenders, and he may need to start making room for another MVP trophy. The Lions have big games coming up against the Giants and Chiefs, but also have two games against CPU opponents. Stafford's numbers could soar even higher after two games against CPU opponents. It will be interesting to see if the Chiefs tough defense can slow the Lions down, and if the Giants front line can cause problems for Stafford in the pocket.​
    Hello World
    [​IMG]
    As a 5th round pick, WR Harold Clowney saw plenty of players drafted ahead of him. However, this rookie is having the biggest impact in the league so far. Clowney is second in the league in receptions, 6th in receiving yards, and 1st in TD's with 9. Clowney is a big reason the Dolphins are off to such a great start. The Dolphins get a "bye" week next week as they take on the CPU Eagles. After that, they have two big divisional games against the Jets and Patriots. Both teams have tough secondaries, so Clowney will be put to the test to see if he can continue to produce and help his team win.​

• Like Like x 3
  7. Jmustang1968

Jmustang1968 Walk On

fixed