Inside the Q - AFC West division race

Discussion in 'Quality Simulation Football' started by thafuture3886, Oct 21, 2013.

1. thafuture3886

thafuture3886 Power Rankings Analyst

LET ME PREFACE THIS BY SAYING, THIS IS ALL DEPENDENT ON MADDEN HAVING THE PROPER TIEBREAKING PROCEDURES

In this edition of “Inside the Q” we take a look at the heated playoff race in the AFC West which has come down to week 17. To put it bluntly, this thing is a mess with 3 teams all within 1 game of each other. To simplify this, I have included the proper tiebreaking procedures to help give a look at who has a shot in the division (although I have my doubts if EA has this implemented correctly):

To break a team with 3 teams
    1. Head-to-head (best won-lost-tied percentage in games among the clubs).
    2. Best won-lost-tied percentage in games played within the division.
    3. Best won-lost-tied percentage in common games.
    4. Best won-lost-tied percentage in games played within the conference.
    5. Strength of victory.
    6. Strength of schedule.
    7. Best combined ranking among conference teams in points scored and points allowed.
    8. Best combined ranking among all teams in points scored and points allowed.
    9. Best net points in common games.
    10. Best net points in all games.
    11. Best net touchdowns in all games.
    12. Coin toss

[​IMG]
    7-8 Overall
    4-1 Division..play Raiders week 17
    2-0 vs Chiefs, 1-0 vs Raiders
    6-5 Conference
    2-6 vs AFC South and NFC East
    Up first we have Phenom and the Broncos who currently stand in 1st place in the division. With the best division record between the 3 teams, the Broncos just need to simply win and the division crown is theirs. A loss, coupled with a Chiefs win will send the Broncos packing and preparing for next year.

[​IMG]
    7-8 Overall
    2-3 Division..play Chargers week 17
    0-2 vs Broncos, 1-1 vs Raiders
    6-5 Conference
    3-5 vs AFC South and NFC East
    redlishus and his Chiefs only shot on making the postseason relies heavily on a Broncos loss and a win themselves as they’ll be the only team in the division with 8 wins. The Chiefs have no chance if they lose as well as the Broncos as the Broncos will have the edge in head to head games. The Chiefs will be huge fans of the Raiders this week.

[​IMG]
    6-9 Overall
    3-2 Division…play Broncos week 17
    0-1 vs Broncos, 1-1 vs Chiefs
    5-6 Conference
    3-5 vs AFC South and NFC East
    Hulk_hagen_55 and his Raiders are a long shot to make it but they have a shot. Losses by both the Chiefs and Broncos may open the door for the Raiders. With all teams at 7-9, the Chiefs would be eliminated by virtue of division record and head to head. The Raiders would then get the nod as they would be 3-5 in common games and the Broncos would be 2-6 in such games

So what do ya say fellas?? Who comes out of this dogfight with the AFC West crown?

Last edited: Oct 21, 2013
    • Like Like x 4
  2. cry_havoc

cry_havoc Walk On

This is an insane division...kinda wild to see it come down to a 7 or 8 win season. Best of luck fellas...but i somehow see Hulk squeezing by. Hes been hot as of late and the Chargers are a scrappy squad. Chiefs cant be comfortable.

• Like Like x 1
  3. klaximilian

klaximilian Walk On

I'm not sure who makes it, but I'll just keep my fingers crossed that Madden actually implements the correct tiebreakers, and doesn't give to the team name that is closest to the top of the alphabet.

SMH.

• Like Like x 1
  4. CHUNKNESS

CHUNKNESS Commissioner Quality Simulation Football

This is what is so much fun about this league. I predict the Broncos will steal one in last second fashion and escape Oakland with a win to secure their playoff berth with an 8-8 record and the AFC West title. Good luck to all who are involved. Bottom feeders represent!

• Like Like x 1
  5. CSteud

CSteud Walk On

I think the Raiders will beat Denver and K.C will take care of business vs the Chargers to claim the division. Good luck gents!

• Like Like x 1
  6. PepperNY

PepperNY Fear the Spear

great read thafuture3886 Have we ever seen a division winner with a losing record in 12th Man/PMFL days?

• Like Like x 1
  7. CHUNKNESS

I do not believe so.

8. thafuture3886

thafuture3886 Power Rankings Analyst

9. CHUNKNESS

• Like Like x 3
  10. Hulk_hagen_55

Hulk_hagen_55 Hulkamaniac

Well well well, DA Raiders... lets just say, so all yall know where im standing with all this.. OAKLAND/ LA TRADE BLOCK IS CLOSED EXCEPT FOR VERY SPECIAL CIRCUMSTANCES.

This is the most confidence in my team ive had since my Ravens with twin 1000 yd rushers each season.

I really do hope the Chargers Chiefs game is epic..

And for Phenom [​IMG]

Last edited: Oct 21, 2013
    • Like Like x 2
  11. guitarDADDY1208

guitarDADDY1208 Walk On

Can't say it has been much fun sitting way outside of this tight race....but having the opportunity to determine the outcome is awesome.

• Like Like x 3
  12. CHUNKNESS

be the spoiler, Michael, be the spoiler! bottom feeders represent!

• Like Like x 2
  13. Phenom

Phenom Walk On

Nice write up Curtis. Crazy ending! I think we're all pretty even right now so anyone of us could take the division. Fun to have a nail biter of an ending but I don't know if my heart can handle it! Looks like Hulk is more in sync with his team since the last time we played so dem Raiders will be even tougher to beat. This is just a tough one to call! Wish I could watch the Chargers/Chiefs game!! No matter the outcome, it has been a fun first season with yall.

• Like Like x 2
  14. LtJustice

LtJustice QSF Commissioner

Great stuff Curtis. My prediciton is the Broncos pull it out in the end!

I believe I won the AFC North one season with a 7-9 record :blackeye:

• Like Like x 3
  15. CHUNKNESS

That's right! I stand corrected...

16. Hulk_hagen_55

Hulk_hagen_55 Hulkamaniac

Raiders just could not keep pace with the broncos after falling down early. Broncos take AFC west season 1

• Like Like x 3